What If Fitz Gets Hurt

MURTR

Do you think it would help or hurt this team? I do not wish injury on anyone, but I actually think it could help and maybe force us to be a run-first team...

-we got 2 effective RBs

-there are some injuries on the OLine, but usually it is easier for backup linemen to come in and be more effective in run-blocking

-Thigpen is more mobile then Fitz, maybe we can FINALLY start running play-actions and roll-outs from under center instead of just lining up in Pistol/Spread formations all game.

-maybe our Mandatory 4-man only pass rush gets a breather, and can be more effective in rushing the passer

I think T Jax would perform better, but either way I see the wheels coming off the circus wagon in the next 4-5 weeks. Unfortuantely we will likely 'finish strong' against the other door mats that finish out our schedule and be in prime posistion to draft Marcus Lattimore because the Bills dont like any of the plethera of QBs avaiable and Fred is getting old. WE NEED MORE RUNNING BACKS A CORNERS!!!!

I think you throw in Tarvaris and give him a chance to play, he threw for over 3000 yards last year.

Or make Seattle a trade offer for Flynn.

We've got this former 1st overall draft pick, a chiseled 6'6 pass rusher that looks like "freakin hercules" that said he loves the fishing in Seattle.

Do you think it would help or hurt this team? I do not wish injury on anyone, but I actually think it could help and maybe force us to be a run-first team...

-we got 2 effective RBs

-there are some injuries on the OLine, but usually it is easier for backup linemen to come in and be more effective in run-blocking

-Thigpen is more mobile then Fitz, maybe we can FINALLY start running play-actions and roll-outs from under center instead of just lining up in Pistol/Spread formations all game.

-maybe our Mandatory 4-man only pass rush gets a breather, and can be more effective in rushing the passer

Now Fitz isn't mobile either? Is thigpen Vick now? As for the breather..LMFAO..ya, Thigpen I'm sure will be creating 10 play 90yd drives on a REGULAR basis..great post man.

Now Fitz isn't mobile either? Is thigpen Vick now? As for the breather..LMFAO..ya, Thigpen I'm sure will be creating 10 play 90yd drives on a REGULAR basis..great post man.

One of thigpen's strengths is he can throw outside the pocket...he did it a lot while he was in KC on a horrible team. If you havent noticed, Fitz isnt moved outside the pocket at all because he cannot throw well on the move. Not saying Thigpen is amazing, just noting something he could bring to the table.

And the breather line was a joke..

One of thigpen's strengths is he can throw outside the pocket...he did it a lot while he was in KC on a horrible team. If you havent noticed, Fitz isnt moved outside the pocket at all because he cannot throw well on the move. Not saying Thigpen is amazing, just noting something he could bring to the table.

And the breather line was a joke..

Thigpen brings NOTHING to the table

If Fitz gets injured this year the Bills are worse this year but maybe better from season end on - There are things I like about Fitz but when you hear about a QB who can make all the throws that ain't Fitzs- The problem of course is that Franchise QBs don't grow on trees and pigpen, TJAX, and VY all have their own short comings.

As frustrating as it would be for everyone I'm pretty close to thinking that the Bills should continue their youth movement - dump Lindell, Thigpen, Kelsay, Spencer Johnson- resign Levitre and Byrd now but the most important thing is to get in position to grab a high level QB.

This is pretty silly .... which QB do you think could put up 50+ points per game ???

They way our team is built we SHOULD only need 21-28 points per game to win the majority of them ... and IMHO Fitz is certanly capable of that ... if our "vaunted D" is giving away 48 points to NYJ, and 52 to NE it really doesn't matter who the heck our QB is ....

just sayin'

Fitzpatrick isn't the problem. The Bills by almost every measurable standard are a top-10 offense. The problem is that the defense still stinks. Teams have taken a lesson from last season and are simply running the ball. Until the Bills learn to stop the run, having a good pass rush really won't matter.

Fitzpatrick isn't the problem. The Bills by almost every measurable standard are a top-10 offense. The problem is that the defense still stinks. Teams have taken a lesson from last season and are simply running the ball. Until the Bills learn to stop the run, having a good pass rush really won't matter.

Stats for ranking offenses are usually based on yardage which can be misleading, especially when we only have a 4 week sample size, and when Fitz scores late TDs against soft prevent coverage in blowout losses (See Jets, Pats game).

Based on what Fitz has done the last 20 games, i would say we are definitely not a Top10 offense...probably somewhere middle of the road.

Anyway, point of this wasnt to lay blame only to Fitz, just curious as to what people thought it would mean to our team to not have Fitz in there. I personally dont mind Fitz if he is in there to manage the game, but cannot stand when Chan lets him go into Gunslinger mode......it always seems to lead to turnovers and losses, unless we are playing a poor defense. Also dont like how our packages with him seem to be restricted to shotgun with limited roll-out/play-actions.