Keys Bills V 49ers

PatsFanNH

Ok here is what I THINK the bills should do this Sunday against the 49ers:

1. Commit to stopping one thing the 49ers do well: I would go with stop the run and make Smith beat you with his arm.

2. Mix things up a bit on the D line move Mario around so they dont know where he is lining up...

3. COMMIT to the RUN!!!: The Bills have 2 VERY good backs and one eveeryone seems to like in Choice.. USE Them!

4. Play action passes and short and intermediate routes: Fitz has most of his picks when trying throw deep. STOP this by using short and intermdiate routes and PA (even if your running poorly if you run constantly they will usually jump up and open up quick passes.

Now this may not get Buffalo the win but I would guess it would keep them competitive till the end and Smith is NOT Brady so there is NO reason to have that nickle/Dime package in again to get gashed.

Move Mario around so the SF OL's can take turns punishing him?

Fitz shrink the field by never going deep? over/under 4 ints?

sounds like the 7-9record........draft pick #14 special to me

Mario was moved around a lot in Texas, and it seem to work was thinking it couldnt hurt right?

As for Fitz his INT seems come on the deep ball, and what I am saying for the O is play SAFE ball dont give SF a short field or they will kill you.. Make Smith and the 49ers drive the field give your D a chance cause a TO or two... (they did against NE..) then take advantage... It could work, PLAY TO YOUR TEAMS STRENGTHS...

Ok here is what I THINK the bills should do this Sunday against the 49ers:

1. Commit to stopping one thing the 49ers do well: I would go with stop the run and make Smith beat you with his arm.

2. Mix things up a bit on the D line move Mario around so they dont know where he is lining up...

3. COMMIT to the RUN!!!: The Bills have 2 VERY good backs and one eveeryone seems to like in Choice.. USE Them!

4. Play action passes and short and intermediate routes: Fitz has most of his picks when trying throw deep. STOP this by using short and intermdiate routes and PA (even if your running poorly if you run constantly they will usually jump up and open up quick passes.

Now this may not get Buffalo the win but I would guess it would keep them competitive till the end and Smith is NOT Brady so there is NO reason to have that nickle/Dime package in again to get gashed.

I agree with pretty much everything...but I still think you have to make a few deep attempts with Fitz to Graham or Stevie...hopefully they can convert but you have to take a shot.

I actually think we match up better vs. the 49ers than we do vs. the Patriots. We're gonna have to have the defensive game of the year on Sunday. Fitz is going to have to be able to manage the game w/o any major mistakes - we don't need 350yds from him. Run Spiller/Freddy all day if possible. Sucks our two O-linemen are out.

Any major injuries for 49ers?

Mario was moved around a lot in Texas, and it seem to work was thinking it couldnt hurt right?

As for Fitz his INT seems come on the deep ball, and what I am saying for the O is play SAFE ball dont give SF a short field or they will kill you.. Make Smith and the 49ers drive the field give your D a chance cause a TO or two... (they did against NE..) then take advantage... It could work, PLAY TO YOUR TEAMS STRENGTHS...

seems like a good idea......but until further notice Mario Millions is a bum who has been handled by subpar OL's all year.....after the beatdown the Pats put on us the mojo is extra low this week........gonna need to see a W or 2 to get back on the "bills are worth a &^#%^ train"

I agree with pretty much everything...but I still think you have to make a few deep attempts with Fitz to Graham or Stevie...hopefully they can convert but you have to take a shot.

I

I agree but be smart whenyou take the shot, for example don't take it when you just went down by a FG or TD.. (dont do anything dishearten your D.) And def do not do it if you have a small lead near the end of the half...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/10/1/3436770/49ers-vs-jets-injury-report-brandon-jacobs-isaac-sopoaga

The San Francisco 49ers went into New Jersey Sunday afternoon and laid a thorough beating on the New York Jets, departing with a 34-0 victory. The cherry on top is that once again the team appeared to emerge relatively unscathed. The 49ers have had to deal with some injuries this year, but have found themselves in a fairly solid position from a health standpoint.

I remember looking down on the lowly 49ers..........they hired a coach who turned the whole thing around and now they are to some "the class" of the NFL

its a joke that another team in WNY has had 12 years yet this same occurence never happens here. Bumbling ineptitude by Wannstedt/Stupor Mario still has me burning

I actually think we match up better vs. the 49ers than we do vs. the Patriots. We're gonna have to have the defensive game of the year on Sunday. Fitz is going to have to be able to manage the game w/o any major mistakes - we don't need 350yds from him. Run Spiller/Freddy all day if possible. Sucks our two O-linemen are out.

The backup Olinemen should have an easier time with the running plays.

I just listened to local (SF) radio at lunch time here in the Bay Area and they had on the 49ers insider to talk all that is SF Football. They didn't mention the Bills once and even talked about several of their games in the distance. Suffice to say, the Bills are not even a blip on the 49ers radar right now and there is no talk amongst the fans locally about the upcoming game. The talk show hosts had more to say about the game after the Bills against the Giants.

I think the general sentiment around here, both with the 49ers team and their fans, is that we (meaning the 49ers nation) have a softy coming up, so let's punish them physically like we do to everyone else and move on to bigger and better opponents.

It's just a sad state of irrelevance for the Bills and us Buffalo fans. So frustating and pathetic.

Oh well; i'll be there on sunday to take my weekly form of punishment and harrassment.

I remember looking down on the lowly 49ers..........they hired a coach who turned the whole thing around and now they are to some "the class" of the NFL

its a joke that another team in WNY has had 12 years yet this same occurence never happens here. Bumbling ineptitude by Wannstedt/Stupor Mario still has me burning

i feel the same way! having your a$$ handed to you like the way the bills did sunday is mind-numbing. year after year i try to stay optimistic, but this is ridiculous. i realize we are 2-2 and could go 14-2, but really, who do you point the finger at? they spent money, i give up.

Run the ball on offense

Stop the run on defense

Simple as that. Problem is that's exactly the two very things they could not do last Sunday. Man I'm not looking forward to seeing this in person Sunday. Especially since I'm going to go with a Niner fan from work. I'm sure he will have no compassion as Fitz tosses a pick6 at our own 14 yd line. I'm thinking alcohol is the only thing that will make it emotionally tolerable for me. sigh

Edited by Dante

seems like a good idea......but until further notice Mario Millions is a bum who has been handled by subpar OL's all year.....after the beatdown the Pats put on us the mojo is extra low this week........gonna need to see a W or 2 to get back on the "bills are worth a &^#%^ train"

I thought they were pandering to the "superstar" right after he signed. When they said he would only play one side. I'm really starting to miss Schobel this year. He would be an improvement.

I thought they were pandering to the "superstar" right after he signed. When they said he would only play one side. I'm really starting to miss Schobel this year. He would be an improvement.

Yes but he would probably have to play DT now.

I just listened to local (SF) radio at lunch time here in the Bay Area and they had on the 49ers insider to talk all that is SF Football. They didn't mention the Bills once and even talked about several of their games in the distance. Suffice to say, the Bills are not even a blip on the 49ers radar right now and there is no talk amongst the fans locally about the upcoming game. The talk show hosts had more to say about the game after the Bills against the Giants.

I think the general sentiment around here, both with the 49ers team and their fans, is that we (meaning the 49ers nation) have a softy coming up, so let's punish them physically like we do to everyone else and move on to bigger and better opponents.

It's just a sad state of irrelevance for the Bills and us Buffalo fans. So frustating and pathetic.

Oh well; i'll be there on sunday to take my weekly form of punishment and harrassment.

I think this is the only way the Bills win. They will have to 'steal' one from the 49ers. Bills can do things on offense to put up points- if Fitz is 'on'.

I doubt this though because i think Whitner has been looking forward to playing the Bills for a few years now. He will get the great D fired up. This one could get ugly, early

Honestly, I am no less disgusted with the Patriots loss than anyone else... but I bet anything the Bills show up on Sunday with a great effort. Not saying a win necessarily, but it will be a closer game than appears possible right now.

When the Bills lose to the Pats (2-19 in 10.5 seasons!) they lose big...Belichek runs the score up on the Bills as much as he can (throwing til the very end...kicking meaningless field goals) because he knows the Bills will melt like an ice-cream cone on sunny day, whenever anything goes wrong against the Pats. It has been this way for a while...cliche as it is, the Pats are in the Bills heads like no other team... the Bills, as overmatched as they normally are against good teams, normally give a good effort when they are healthy...except against the Pats.

It may sound silly, but I think the Bills/49ers game will be within a touchdown for the winning team.

Honestly, I am no less disgusted with the Patriots loss than anyone else... but I bet anything the Bills show up on Sunday with a great effort. Not saying a win necessarily, but it will be a closer game than appears possible right now.

When the Bills lose to the Pats (2-19 in 10.5 seasons!) they lose big...Belichek runs the score up on the Bills as much as he can (throwing til the very end...kicking meaningless field goals) because he knows the Bills will melt like an ice-cream cone on sunny day, whenever anything goes wrong against the Pats. It has been this way for a while...cliche as it is, the Pats are in the Bills heads like no other team... the Bills, as overmatched as they normally are against good teams, normally give a good effort when they are healthy...except against the Pats.

It may sound silly, but I think the Bills/49ers game will be within a touchdown for the winning team.

I think it's safe to say Rex and the Jets are in their heads too. I also don't think its silly to think the 9ers game can be within a TD on Sunday. I'm calling 14-12 Bills. Holding the niners to 4 field goals........ Wait. Did i just write that?