Brady: They dared us to run

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bigger question is why has Morrison not been active? You put big Morrison in the middle, or put him there in a hybrid role and he can handle the run. The guy has been a tackling machine everywhere he's been.

Amen - Shep has shown NOTHING the first four games now - why they continue to play him is totally unreal. Put his sorry butt on the bench.

Pretty sure the package with Scott in there is for him to work to cover the pass catching te's

Correct.

When Brady saw this he adjusted to a run. When he kept calling the Mike (#43) we did not adjust. Today way a game I would have liked to kept Shephard in, for better or for worse we should have put him to the fire. Morrison, as well, a tackling machine, could have been rotated in.

That we did nothing to adjust to the audibles, or have the ability to sustain packages for all purpose yardage is inexcusable. You notice that several times the Pats went no-huddle just to exploit our personnel and it worked. On some of the biggest plays we were out of package.

Amen - Shep has shown NOTHING the first four games now - why they continue to play him is totally unreal. Put his sorry butt on the bench.

Shep had a great game last week, and had looked decent before that. I believe you misunderstood what I was saying. Bryan Scott was not the answer to stop the run.

Standing Anderson or Mario up to an outside LB to chip WR's or whoever is out there on the weak side, with our Mike Shephard or Morrison in the middle made more sense. Remove the Will, use Mario or Anderson as the Will. Scott then comes in just to take the TE's, while the Mike watches the back. Basically, it would have been

Williams, Dareus, Williams, Anderson, Shephard, Barnett, Scott, and then our 4 DB's.

Looking at the dime, pull a DT, add the extra DB.

or... http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/150731-great-read-on-how-the-ravens-beat-the-pats-last-week/#entry2580895

The answer should have been to take the run game out of the equation and make Brady throw, because we aren't going to stop him anyway, might as well make them one-dimensional. Instead, we allow them to run, which opens up play action passing and no chance to get to Brady rushing. Just a putrid game plan by Wannstadt on D...once the Pats figured it out in the 3rd quarter he had no answers at all for it...

No excuse for our front four to be getting manhandled by an OLine missing its best player that was suspect even with him in the lineup...

The answer should have been to take the run game out of the equation and make Brady throw, because we aren't going to stop him anyway, might as well make them one-dimensional. Instead, we allow them to run, which opens up play action passing and no chance to get to Brady rushing. Just a putrid game plan by Wannstadt on D...once the Pats figured it out in the 3rd quarter he had no answers at all for it...

No excuse for our front four to be getting manhandled by an OLine missing its best player that was suspect even with him in the lineup...

I would think the gameplan should have been blitz, lots of single coverage on the outside, and let Branch and Lloyd beat us.

Instead it was no pressure, cover everyone, and let Gronk, Welker, and the RB's beat us.

I would think the gameplan should have been blitz, lots of single coverage on the outside, and let Branch and Lloyd beat us.

Instead it was no pressure, cover everyone, and let Gronk, Welker, and the RB's beat us.

Yes! Branch and Lloyd are slow you almost could cover them with LBs..

If you send a safety or CB blitz on every play you take one of them out of the equation.

So what's the worst thing that could happen? They won't put up more than 45 points on you in two straight games?

They play on their heels. There was no reason not to take some chances. They need to make Brady at least consider that something out of the ordinary might happen. It never did.

Wannstedt just said "here's our defense, let's see ya beat it", then Brady repeatedly threw the same punches, and knocked the D around like a rag doll.

Is there not one player on the defense with enough athleticism to take some chances with? I have to believe there is a guy that, if given a chance, can wreak a little havoc now and then.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Why are we not sending the Blitz?!! When four men dont get there send 5.... thats how teams beat the pats! wanny should be on a tight leash after this one.

I am dumb founded by the lack of blitzes this D shows. I mean its like the staff has this arrogance about them that they figure they paid all this money for the D Line and they should be fine on their own while ignoring they are still facing 4 on 5 to 4 on 7 depending on the offensive package. I dont care how talented you are, you dont consistently get penetration and pressure being out numbered

Wanny is here as a favor to Chan. He said it today during his pre-game interview. The guy has no passion at all and his lack of in-game adjustments is pathetic. There are only 32 of these gigs in the world. I'm sure we can find a defensive mind who can do a better job than this.

Take a look at Atlanta. Mike Nolan came in here this year and he's getting far more production out of basically the same group of players - minus Curtis Lofton - as they had last year. He's creative, aggressive, and the defense is a force now. We have a lot of talent on that side of the ball, including young talent that will only get better.

Moats and Sheppherd were nowhere to be found-- they've been instrumental to our run D.

Shepphard can't be found even when he is starting. I can' think of one play this guys has made since he's been in a Bills jersey.

Shepphard can't be found even when he is starting. I can' think of one play this guys has made since he's been in a Bills jersey.

I hate to pin it all on him but let's face it: he's only in the all important MLB slot because of chans arrogance thinking anyone from SEC walks on water, especially one he coached in a bowl game. But yeah I don't see him having the requisite athletic talent to be a quality 4-3 MLB