Am I the only who thinks they're rushing Jackson back?

I look at it like this Fred is a pro athlete if the trainers coaches and Fred himself feel he can go without risking significant injury anymore than any other time of the year healthy or not would than I'm all for Fred Ex playing. I'd rather have the best chances available to us to beat the pats, then save it for "down the line". I see both sides of the argument though

You're not the only one, but I'm not with you on this one. If he can go out there, you need to have him. It's a long season yes, but this is not just another game, it's a chance to open a 2 game lead on the Pats*. Who's to say he doesn't get hurt his first game back anyway. If he does, Spiller will be back and you go with him. In a sport where every game counts...this one counts even more.

it all depends on how he is used. is it too early to bring him back and expect 20 carries and a handful of passes? probably. is it too early to have him suit up and get 10-12 carries and a few pass targets? hopefully not. i can't help but think that fred jackson, in uniform, will have a huge impact on the frame of mind of the buffalo bills this sunday. as a leader on the field, i imagine he will keep everyone focused on how big this game is.

Actually, it's probably more of a case of he's rushing himself back. Either way, I know it's the Pats, but I'd rather have him at 100% the following week than put him in a position where he could further injur himself. It's a long season. We're gonna need him down the stretch.

I really don't think Fred wanting to be out there has anything to due with him being at practice. That is not his decision. If he isn't ready, I highly doubt the trainers/team doctors will clear him to play. In any event, he is likely to see a significantly limited workload if he does play.

it all depends on how he is used. is it too early to bring him back and expect 20 carries and a handful of passes? probably. is it too early to have him suit up and get 10-12 carries and a few pass targets? hopefully not. i can't help but think that fred jackson, in uniform, will have a huge impact on the frame of mind of the buffalo bills this sunday. as a leader on the field, i imagine he will keep everyone focused on how big this game is.

This. If he is in uniform, the Pats have to account for him on every play, so it isn't just about carries. IMO the biggest impact he will have will be blitz pickup.

Depends on what you're basing you're opinion on.

No offense, but I think the coaches, the trainers, the medical staff and Fred himself are more cued into the situation.

exactly.

sprains are different from tears in that the ligament (in its initial injury) is stretched in an angle counter to that which it usually operates. the blood flowing to the trauma site can reduce flexibility--but the decrease in motion is generally more of a hindrance than a danger.

sounds to me like freddy's lcl sprain is a lot like tennis or golfers elbow that all of us get as we get older--if you play tennis or golf. (age may be a reason why freddy got this injury, actually.)

either way, theres nothing any doctor can do to fix it, and rest, pain killers and staying away from golf is the only cure.

for freddy, hes had 3 weeks to rest now, with the best medicine and trainers available in the history of mankind--not hyperbole, just the state of western medicine. even if the bills doctors are the worst in the league, theyre still among the best in the world.

doesnt surprise me to see him playing this week. the brace is no doubt to limit his range of motion, because there is probably intense shooting pain if extends the knee past a certain angle to the inside, but again, there would be no further chance of an injury from playing on it, just aggrivation.

hey - hes a 31 year old running back. not to sound like a meathead nfl fan.. but... i would kind of expect him to play on sore knees?

I would love to see us show off our O line and just pound Choice and White.

Two things i consider, Fred MUST be accounted for when on the field as CJ is now. and both of them can stoke the whole team's fire.

The other and a real concern for me, is that Belliache 50k is going to play the run and everything underneath. Attempting to force the passing game.

Head says rest Fred or limit him in the game plan. Heart says he needs to "get after it"

I will be watching every bit of contact Fred makes. Some one is gonna take a shot at him i worry

Actually, it's probably more of a case of he's rushing himself back. Either way, I know it's the Pats, but I'd rather have him at 100% the following week than put him in a position where he could further injur himself. It's a long season. We're gonna need him down the stretch.

Down the stretch? The stretch is now for this team. They got to beat quality opponents NOW, besides the supposed chumps this year "down the stretch". Besides Fred has no say when he steps on the field.

Fred Jackson appears to be the "go to" leader on the team. As somebody posted earlier; having him come out of the tunnel is going to be a huge emotional lift to the team, and the fans (12th man).

Fred playing gives us a significantly greater chance of knocking off the Patriots this Sunday. I think a Bills victory (third straight Pats lose) could derail the Pats season. Got to kick them when they are down.. We've debated about the Bills winning the division, however in the Brady years it's been mostly a pipe dream.. We have an opening, here. If Fred can play, he should play.

I'd worry about it more if he hadn't announced he thought he would be back this week, BEFORE CJ got injured.

I agree that he's likely rushing himself back, but ultimately we have to rely on our trainers and medical staff to make a professional evaluation.

I would love to see us show off our O line and just pound Choice and White.

Two things i consider, Fred MUST be accounted for when on the field as CJ is now. and both of them can stoke the whole team's fire.

The other and a real concern for me, is that Belliache 50k is going to play the run and everything underneath. Attempting to force the passing game.

Head says rest Fred or limit him in the game plan. Heart says he needs to "get after it"

I will be watching every bit of contact Fred makes. Some one is gonna take a shot at him i worry

i would think that if anyone were to take a cheap shot at fred, then this offensive line would absolutely let their displeasure be known, and ejections, suspensions and fines would ensue. this just seems like a group that will not take take kind of numbnuttery lying down.

I think the deal ihere is that Gailey clearly puts a high value on forcing the opponent to prepare for the possibility the Bills might run particular schemes or use particular personnel packages oly to see him cross up and not use them.

They have made much less use of the Wildcat than advertised.

My sense is that they are throwing out confusiing statements about Jax and Spiller as a technique to make things more difficult for Bellicheat.

If this is true I say more power to 'em. If making things even marginally more difficult or unexpected for the Pats means lying to me or fololing Bills fans then I say lie to me!