Bills Coaching strategy-- not blitzing (rarely anyway)

Thunderstealer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling this will be the game where we see the Bills blitz.

You cant play conservatively against Brady otherwise he will pick your defense apart.

I agree that the same can be said if we blitz him but I would rather see the Bills try to get to him and rattle him instead of dropping everyone back into coverage.

CBF

I was surprised by the number of run blitzes the Ravens brought on Sunday night. I wonder if Wanny follows suit. I don't see him dialing up too many blitzes until he sees whether or not he can get pressure with the front four. I think we'll see more line stunts than we've seen so far. I think NE* is vulnerable between the tackles as well as on the edges. Gronk looks miserable having to stay in to block so much. This might be the weekend they want to unleash him in the passing game so I hope we give them a reason to keep him in to block.

GO BILLS!!!

I'd love to see us blitz more. All of our LBs are good at bringing the heat. Moats, IMO, should be the guy doing it most. He's not great in coverage and was drafted because he was a pass rusher. While I'm praying we see more blitzes, I don't see it happening very often, stache doesn't like to blitz. Bring four and hope the other guys can cover. If the pats keep extra blockers (TE and RB/FB chipping) in like the jets did. We're gonna be in for a long day. Give Brady time and we're gonna get torched. Bringing blitzes keep the offense guessing. If we rush 4 every play (like we did vs the jets) the guy calling the plays offensively has an easy job because he knows what we're going to do. Switch it up a bit and create some confusion and make the think.

I beg you Stache!!!! BRING SOME HEAT THIS WEEK!!

What are the odds they put Mallet in at some point?

he's taller (can see over our line easier)

he's got a quicker release ( so he can, theoretically, get the ball out quicker when under pressure)

and most importantly

he played in the SEC so he knows Dareus, Mario, Shephard, and Gilmore and how they play. He'll probably be able to read them better, no?

The odds of the Patriots putting Mallet in are the odds that the Bills leave Brady mewling with pain and unable to stand. Anything else, and they have him in.

I'd love to see us blitz more. All of our LBs are good at bringing the heat. Moats, IMO, should be the guy doing it most. He's not great in coverage and was drafted because he was a pass rusher. While I'm praying we see more blitzes, I don't see it happening very often, stache doesn't like to blitz. Bring four and hope the other guys can cover. If the pats keep extra blockers (TE and RB/FB chipping) in like the jets did. We're gonna be in for a long day. Give Brady time and we're gonna get torched. Bringing blitzes keep the offense guessing. If we rush 4 every play (like we did vs the jets) the guy calling the plays offensively has an easy job because he knows what we're going to do. Switch it up a bit and create some confusion and make the think.

I beg you Stache!!!! BRING SOME HEAT THIS WEEK!!

In the Super Bowl, the Giants had success by rushing three or four guys, and dropping the rest back into coverage. Brady had nowhere to throw the ball!

If you're going to use a strategy like that, you have to have your DBs play tight coverage. That's the #1 thing required to make that strategy work; and the one thing without which it cannot possibly work. Brady will destroy you if you play soft coverage in a scheme like that. (Much like Sanchez did to us a few weeks ago. Except that what Brady would do to us would be worse than what Sanchez did.)

Take away anywhere for Brady to throw the ball. Then rely on your front four to generate a good pass rush. If you want to confuse the offense, have the DL do a lot of stunts; and do some sneaky things with some of the guys in coverage. A strategy like that can contain the Patriots' offense, at least if you have the right players in place to execute it. I think the Bills have a pretty good bunch in place, though I'm still a bit nervous about the pass coverage.

Kelvin Sheppard is the most obvious choice for this. He's so fast. DB's however don't have much experience at it McKelvin I can see letting go.

Brady must be touched up for Buffalo to have a chance.

Maybe they are keeping the blitzing to a minimum because as bad as the DB's have been covering receivers, they dont' want to take away any of their help? That as well as the DL has been getting some good pressure on the QB by themselves. Doesn't seem like they are going to take too many risks with the Defense this year, at least it hasn't so far.

Mallett is forcing the Bills to now prepare for 2 QB's!!!

That is nothing, the Pats have to prepare for Brad Smith! (sarcasm intended).

I think Dareus and K. Williams are going to be exploding the middle of the line setting up blitzes on the outside (Moats). Also Im wondering if Byrd gets a blitz (risky). Mostly Im hoping we dont need to blitz much, but if its obvious that we arent getting pressure, then the Bills D better get a different scheme going or the "Stache" is going to get smashed. Blood is in the water, this year do we have a couple sharks??? The Pats have to slip sometime, lets start now, by putting Brady on his TUSHY. :)

I think Dareus and K. Williams are going to be exploding the middle of the line setting up blitzes on the outside (Moats). Also Im wondering if Byrd gets a blitz (risky). Mostly Im hoping we dont need to blitz much, but if its obvious that we arent getting pressure, then the Bills D better get a different scheme going or the "Stache" is going to get smashed. Blood is in the water, this year do we have a couple sharks??? The Pats have to slip sometime, lets start now, by putting Brady on his TUSHY. :)

As a matter of form, we never use words like 'tushy' when discussing football in a football forum. Allow me to translate:

We need to plant Brady on his ASS!

GO BILLS!!!

As a matter of form, we never use words like 'tushy' when discussing football in a football forum. Allow me to translate:

We need to plant Brady on his ASS!

GO BILLS!!!

excuse me homie, were talking about Marcia Brady, so it is apporiate to use the word TUSHY! hahaaha LETS GO BUFFALO!! MAKE HIM EAT DIRT THROUGH IS ASSSSSS!!!! (is that better)

excuse me homie, were talking about Marcia Brady, so it is apporiate to use the word TUSHY! hahaaha LETS GO BUFFALO!! MAKE HIM EAT DIRT THROUGH IS ASSSSSS!!!! (is that better)

After a quick review of board standards, you are absolutely correct. Whenever referring to the Ugg-wearing Brady, you may indeed use more feminine descriptive terms. Nice catch.

Seeing as how we play on an artificial turf, I can't see us making him eat dirt through his ass. He's much more likely to suffer a turf burn on his labia.

GO BILLS!!!

After a quick review of board standards, you are absolutely correct. Whenever referring to the Ugg-wearing Brady, you may indeed use more feminine descriptive terms. Nice catch.

Seeing as how we play on an artificial turf, I can't see us making him eat dirt through his ass. He's much more likely to suffer a turf burn on his labia.

GO BILLS!!!

Cant billieve you typed that. Either way, lmao