Another paranoia thread...when NFL Refs return this Sunday

BringBackFergy

Don't think all our problems will be solved once the regular NFL Refs return this weekend (and they will return this weekend). The influence Bill Bellicheck has over the media, ESPN, and the NFL, not to mention Bob Kraft being tight with the new generation of owners and Goodell, can only lead to one conclusion: More of the "old boy" network which unfortunately Ralph Wilson and the Bills are outsiders looking in (yes, I know Ralph is an old boy in the normal sense of the word, but the new old boys are Kraft, Jerry Jones, and the big market owners). In terms of the Pats being 1-2 and looking up at the Bills, I can see how the regular officials may get out on the field at The Ralph this weekend and give every benefit of the doubt to the Pats on close calls. Just saying, having the regular NFL zebras back may not turn out as rosey as we might think with the Pats' "preservation of dynasty" in the back of refs' minds.

Hence the reason why we need to take an early lead and not look back.

Go Bills (or in honor of Latin American, Puerto Rican heritage month....Vamos Bills and pink for Breast Cancer Awareness as well) Can't think of any other politically correct groups or causes to include.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story I heard is that the Refs won't be ready in less than a week to return to the field.

Kraft wants them back so that his team will NOT gett flagged so much

ONE MORE WEEK

I agree, the reason the Refs will stick it to the Bills (and give benefit of doubt to Pats) is because the regular Refs have a long standing relationship with Bill, Bob and "Slim" Brady. I really think they'll be back this Sunday and will start by favoring the Pats on several close calls that may decide this game. The nice thing about the replacement refs is they were an equal opportunity offender...they didn't care if you were a 10 year veteran or a rookie,..they were throwing flags all over the place.

I don’t think there’s any chance we see the regular refs this weekend, even if the lockout were to end 2 minutes from now. Once the lockout is ended, I believe it’ll be at least another week or 2 before they actually work a game while they are getting ready. Once they do come back, I’d also expect them to be a little rusty since they didn’t have a preseason either.

the ref thus far, even though they've done a horrible job... you don't see the same teams having calls go their way. At least in that respect the refs are doing something right. Even caused Belichek a fine cause he had to grab a ref cause he wouldn't stop to listen to him whine

the ref thus far, even though they've done a horrible job... you don't see the same teams having calls go their way. At least in that respect the refs are doing something right. Even caused Belichek a fine cause he had to grab a ref cause he wouldn't stop to listen to him whine

its been 3 weeks. it would be pretty hard to establish a track record to say that, no?

its been 3 weeks. it would be pretty hard to establish a track record to say that, no?

Fair enough to say, but at least it's starting to look that way by the examples we've had lately. Everyone's getting messed up calls, been going both ways, but they're not calling penalties off of what they're told. How many times have we watched Tom Brady go to a ref to whine and he gets his flag?

Fair enough to say, but at least it's starting to look that way by the examples we've had lately. Everyone's getting messed up calls, been going both ways, but they're not calling penalties off of what they're told. How many times have we watched Tom Brady go to a ref to whine and he gets his flag?

they are though - in fact players, coaches and FANS have been a major issue for these guys.

just cause it hasnt happened to brady in the few minutes of PATs film youve seen doesnt mean its not an issue.

further - to the nfl control - there are nfl employees on the sidelines telling them what to do.

Go Bills (or in honor of Latin American, Puerto Rican heritage month....Vamos Bills and pink for Breast Cancer Awareness as well) Can't think of any other politically correct groups or causes to include.

As the only Bills fan in Puerto Rico, I'll take it! Also, I didn't even know it was PR heritage month!

Good teams overcome bad calls. Like if GB didnt suck all game and let seattle kick their ass it wouldn't have come down to that final call. Stop blaming officials regular or replacement for everything that goes wrong

its true - good teams win every game, especially on the road on monday night, by atleast 9 points - that way if the refs gift wrap the finish, its still 2 scores.

On a given night yes the better team will usually win the game. I believe football outsiders broke this down awhile back. There's always other factors that can play a part, but the better team on average will usually come out the winner, and judging by last nights game Seattle was a better team than the packers