Justin

3rdand12

Guys we all had question marks coming into the season about our corners.McGee and his injury/injuries. He did not get much work in training camp and has had some small setbacks.Leo and his ball awareness. training camp move to nickel sounded good in theory.Williams. still struggling maybe a run stopper?Gilmore. Our future. Physical.Smart. Fast # 10 pick etc.So this kid Justin has really looked the part lately. He is fast and aware of the play called and ball aware.Do we have a gem in the making? or have i only noticed his Good plays?With Leodis being demoted again, to serve the Bills best by tearing up the return game, i am thinking we might have one heck of a player.Based on the last two weeks, i am hopeful.Anyone got an opinion of how Rogers fits in long term or does he?

Edited by Simon

I like him a lot. Looks to be a good fit as nickel corner. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out when Brooks returns (who I believe will be our starter opposite Gilmore next season). I think Rogers will be battling Williams for the 3rd CB....and has a good chance to win the battle. Jmo

I've been saying it for months. He's the best cornerback on the team right now and he'll prove it by season's end.

That's all? Not to brag, well, maybe to brag, but several of us have been talking him up since last year.

That's all? Not to brag, well, maybe to brag, but several of us have been talking him up since last year.

As have I. And yes, I am also bragging and consider myself the original Justin Rogers fan. But McGee was the best CB on the team last year, IMHO. He's lost a step this year though.

Rogers reminds me of Jabari Greer.

I like him a lot. Looks to be a good fit as nickel corner. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out when Brooks returns (who I believe will be our starter opposite Gilmore next season). I think Rogers will be battling Williams for the 3rd CB....and has a good chance to win the battle. Jmo

---^ this.

It will be Gilmore and Brooks by next season to start with Williams and Rogers playing for 3rd/nickle CB in camp and pre season. It'll probably be a 50/50 split IMO. Keep each of them fresh and put in Williams on more obvious rushing downs as he's very physical and Rogers in on more obvious passing situations. That's unless we play a team with a big killer TE like Gronk,Gonzo,Davis,Finley,etc... Then you'll see Williams more as he matches up physically better against these kind of guys.