Whether you like him, hate him, or he scares the hell out of you...

eball

I appreciate his moxy and his effort on the field. He's definitely got the brains to play QB in this league. Sadly, his arm strength and accuracy are grave concerns.

The greatest benefit of Fitzpatrick on this roster, however, is how he will make a great mentor to transition the young QB the Bills eventually take in the draft. A young, physically-gifted QB will learn more from Fitzpatrick than any QB coach will be able to teach him.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And their 134 regular season wins since 2001 shouldn't factor either.

Actually, no, they shouldn't factor into anything at all. And they don't. Anything they have done in the past has no bearing on the game next Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty much all of the serious criticisms of Fitz are correct. However, the problem I have with many of his critics is the idea that somehow he's the only QB in the league who -- as the non-serious critics like to say -- "sucks." Have you actually watched the other QBs, especially this year? Every criticism of Fitz can be laid right on every other QB, including the supposed "elites." Brady, Brees, both Mannings, Rodgers, Stafford, Schaub, Rivers, Cutler, Flacco, Ryan, Smith, Newton, Vick, Roethlisberger, Bradford, Cassel, on and on, they've all made dismal throws, heedless interceptions, thrown off the wrong foot, thrown wounded ducks, missed wide open receivers, and about anything else imaginable.

Is Fitz the best QB in history? No (or he wouldn't be in Buffalo in the first place). But once you've diagnosed his weaknesses, please at least notice that he is far from the only QB in the league with them.

Fitz will have help with the running game, even if it's Choice and Johnny White. Our O-line is crushing people, even with guys like Wilfork against us I think our RB's will move the chains and keep the pressure off our pass defense trying to stop Brady all day which they can't.

Choice and White need to have great practice weeks and learn the screens and the blitz pickups for this huge home game. (remember the Choice screen play where he forgot to turn around and the ball hit him in the back). Not cool.

If we pull this off the Patriots are get a division loss and we go to 3-1 vs them at 1-3.

I appreciate his moxy and his effort on the field. He's definitely got the brains to play QB in this league. Sadly, his arm strength and accuracy are grave concerns.

The greatest benefit of Fitzpatrick on this roster, however, is how he will make a great mentor to transition the young QB the Bills eventually take in the draft. A young, physically-gifted QB will learn more from Fitzpatrick than any QB coach will be able to teach him.

This is the reason why Fitzpatrick needs to have a good game and a win against the Patriots. I think that the majority of Bills fans have moved on from the "hope" that he's our QB for the stretch of playoff contention and superbowl contention that every team plans for.

More than anyone else, he needs this game because there's no way he considers himself the mentor and not "the man" till he retires a Bill. My hope has waned, but it's still there. He just needs to somehow reach for and attain that franchise, top 10 QB level. The guy has made it this far from being a QB from Harvard, so for me, there's no counting him out on doing it yet.

I honestly can't remember the Bills being in a bigger NFL game since the MCM. The Bills are tied for the best record in the AFC East and the 1-2 Pats are coming in needing the win badly. If the Pats lose and the Bills win? Wow, look out, this team might have something special cooking.

Pretty much all of the serious criticisms of Fitz are correct. However, the problem I have with many of his critics is the idea that somehow he's the only QB in the league who -- as the non-serious critics like to say -- "sucks." Have you actually watched the other QBs, especially this year? Every criticism of Fitz can be laid right on every other QB, including the supposed "elites." Brady, Brees, both Mannings, Rodgers, Stafford, Schaub, Rivers, Cutler, Flacco, Ryan, Smith, Newton, Vick, Roethlisberger, Bradford, Cassel, on and on, they've all made dismal throws, heedless interceptions, thrown off the wrong foot, thrown wounded ducks, missed wide open receivers, and about anything else imaginable.

Is Fitz the best QB in history? No (or he wouldn't be in Buffalo in the first place). But once you've diagnosed his weaknesses, please at least notice that he is far from the only QB in the league with them.

Preach.

Doesn't really matter what Fitz does for the rest of the season, it's still not going to get the image of that clunker of a wallowing hippo pass to Chandler against the Jets out of my head.

Ahmen..I was pretty up on Fritz during the preseason and training camp. Then came that disaster of a Jet's game. He was much better the last two games but there is still room for improvement. Right now I have very mixed feelings. The next several games will tell the tale. Can he cut it or not. I really hope for the best but have to admit I am nervous.

When Fitz drops back to pass and we start to watch the pocket collapse, do you hold your breath?

The point is Fitz scares the hell out of me too. He could throw a dart and hit a guy barely open, or throw it 5 feet over a guys head right into the arms of a safety.

I think the Bills are one player away from being a darn good team, maybe even a Super Bowl team. It just so happens that player is the most important one.

I like Fitz as a guy and even as a football player. It is not his fault the Bills are trying to make him a starting qb. He is trying like heck to be that. The guy has character and wants to succeed, but sometimes that i snot enough. Especially in professional sports. He would be an exceptional back up, probably the next Frank Reich. Unfortunatly this team has no 'Jim Kelly'. Until we get our next Jim Kelly, we are going to see th esame thing. I also think we have enough of a sample size to form opinions on Fitz at this point.

My hope is the oline stays healthy and as dominating as they have been. The Bills can run the ball and Fitz can make some timely throws when needed. He also learns that throwing it out of bounds or away is not a bad thing.

The D gels more and more and becomes great.

At this point in the season we have no clue yet who the great teams are. Not after this last weekend. 49ers get beat and beat good by the Vikes. Seriously?? So who knows really. But if any of us are waiting for Fitz to magically turn into the next Eli Manning, i think we are going to be very disappointed.

Take a look at Eli's career. It took over 4+ seasons and 50+ starts for Eli to become ELI MANNING. Even then, he threw 25 picks in 2010, his 6th year as their starter. Do not think that the reality of today is the way it's always been nor is it the way it is destined to be. Bad things happen to all QBs when pressured and some of them have no game to handle it and they will get chased from the NFL. Fitz can read pressure, adjust protection, take hits and avoid sacks. He has a game that can withstand, if not beat, pressure.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

No way. Pats last year, Ravens, Eagles last year etc.

He played good in 2 of those, they didnt play the Ravens last yr....Only one of those 2 teams had a winning record...In fact out of all the wins they had last yr only one was against a team that had a winning record..The Pats.....So yes way.....

Take a look at Eli's career. It took over 4+ seasons and 50+ starts for Eli to become ELI MANNING. Even then, he threw 25 picks in 2010, his 6th year as their starter. Do not think that the reality of today is the way it's always been nor is it the way it is destined to be. .

Yep I share the worries about Fitz to a degree but you have to recognize how public opinion of a QB can shift dramatically after one successful for the team season

He played good in 2 of those, they didnt play the Ravens last yr....Only one of those 2 teams had a winning record...In fact out of all the wins they had last yr only one was against a team that had a winning record..The Pats.....So yes way.....

I think he meant Raiders, and Fitz absolutely played very well in that game as well.

Whats the one thing We saw Fitzy do that we have not seen him do maybe ever? He threw the ball into the ass of an offensive lineman. Not tried to be a gunslinger and make something out of nothing...he chose the smart play and went through all his progressions and saw nothing and PROTECTED THE BALL. That right there tells me how Fitz is progressing

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I think he meant Raiders, and Fitz absolutely played very well in that game as well.

Ok so still only one of those teams had a winning record.He hasnt played well when he is needed in games that matter...The Bills need to beat good teams as well as the average and below..Otherwise the wins against the average and below teams dont matter...Show me when they count and i will change my thoughts..Not that it matters or anything..I havent seen him do it..

Maybe someone should start a "for Fitz's supporters only thread".. Lol this guy have more debate than the 2012 election.. The last two games he's done a good job at game management, thanks to great running by the thriller. But without either of our O weapons in the backfield, or at least at 100% i'm thinking about making this Sun my bye week. Plus after last night utter disaster with the refs in that Bal & Patty game, Mr Bill may want to take his frustration out on us.. As one poster said, everytime Mr Knuckleball himself has the ball, i'm praying he don't screw it up..

i dont see how we're able to be successful with how scattershot fitz's passes are. bills receivers should have had 4 or 5 more catches but fitzpatrick's placement is terrible.

Contrary to what Steve Beurlein would have one believe, it is actually possible for a quality NFL-level wide receiver to catch a ball that is within his arm's reach, much less one that hits him in the hands.

It's obvious all the Fitz critics and haters only see the bad. It doesn't matter if Fitz wins 10 games in a row, has 30 TDs and 0 Ints he will never win you haters over. You will always think you find fault where there is none to be found, and you kind of look dumb in your accusations.

He is the best QB the Bills have had since Kelly left in the mid 90's and tons and tons of fans are miserable because he is the QB, WTF. I guess you all were more satisfied with the Trents, JP, RJs and such. I think i've come to the conclusion that most Bills fans can never be satisfied and will not truly understand what they have until it is gone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with in Fitz as QB. This team and franchise has been bad for so long, I have to believe they are turning the corner and Fitz is part of that.

Edited by FreakPop

It's obvious all the Fitz critics and haters only see the bad. It doesn't matter if Fitz wins 10 games in a row, has 30 TDs and 0 Ints he will never win you haters over. You will always think you find fault where there is none to be found, and you kind of look dumb in your accusations.

He is the best QB the Bills have had since Kelly left in the mid 90's and tons and tons of fans are miserable because he is the QB, WTF. I guess you all were more satisfied with the Trents, JP, RJs and such. I think i've come to the conclusion that most Bills fans can never be satisfied and will not truly understand what they have until it is gone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with in Fitz as QB. This team and franchise has been bad for so long, I have to believe they are turning the corner and Fitz is part of that.

Were you saying the same thing at the end of last season? Will you be saying the same thing 7 weeks from now?

Were you saying the same thing at the end of last season? Will you be saying the same thing 7 weeks from now?

Compared to who the QBs have been, yeah I absolutely have no problem with Fitz. There is only a handful of elite QBs in the NFL and obviously Fitz is not one of them. I lump him into the middle tier of QBs. He's not the best and he's not the worst despite what some think.

If the Bills can upgrade the QB position i'm all for it. The only way to upgrade is to get an elite QB, I don't see them having the opportunity to do that anytime soon and a lateral move is not the answer. That said Fitz is the guy.