Fitz Sack = ? And O-line Pride

CSBill

If it leaves his hand before he starts the forward motion but it is still on his fingertips as he throws forward it would. I actually think that was the right call.

Correct, perhaps.

But unless the rule says "the palm" must be in contact, it was a bad call. I'm fairly certain "the hand" was responsible for the ball going forward almost twenty feet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its loose and his hand is incidentally contacting it, no.

This is where I disagree. If the intent is to throw a forward pass and the ball moves forward without him being hit or otherwise interfered with in his throwing motion, then he is controlling the ball to some extent. In this situation it was extremely poor control, but still enough where it should have been ruled an incomplete pass IMO.

This is where I disagree. If the intent is to throw a forward pass and the ball moves forward without him being hit or otherwise interfered with in his throwing motion, then he is controlling the ball to some extent. In this situation it was extremely poor control, but still enough where it should have been ruled an incomplete pass IMO.

To me that doesn't enter the equation. If he loses the ball, and control of the ball, before he starts his forward throwing motion it is a fumble. The definition of a fumble, and that is what it looked like to me on the replay.

Like I said, its hard for me to argue specifics to this play without re-watching it, but if its not being controlled, ie it is bobbled while going back, it amounts essentially to it just being slapped forward, that's not a pass. It's a fumble that was knocked forward - intent inconsequential

Edited by NoSaint

Explain to me how the ball ended up 6 yards in front of fitz if it wasn't propelled by his arm moving forward? What moved the ball forward?

If you don't get how that can happen me explaining it won't help

This wasn't even close IMO

I had the same thought. I cannot understand how those plays are different. Either way, that was not a fumble, period. How could the ball move forward if no one touched him and the ball slipped out of his hand if it wasn't in his hand when he started moving his arm forward?

That putrid pass was a fumble IMO. His hand went back and came forward without the ball. That the ball went in any direction did not matter it was a putrid play and a fumble was a correct call.

If you don't get how that can happen me explaining it won't help

This wasn't even close IMO

I guess you know the rule better than I do. Does it say that somehow the ball can go forward without being in his hand?

If it's about "control," which part of the hand must be in "control"? The part that made the ball go forward?

I thought the rule was if the hand has the ball and is moving forward, it is an incomplete pass.

I believe when a QB fumbles behind the line and its recovered by defense it's considered a sack

That was clearly a fumble. His arm was moving forward but the ball was already out

I think the difference in the two plays was one being blown dead and the other being considered an incomplete pass

Then what force was applied to the ball to propel it FORWARD if it wasn't the throwing motion?

Then what force was applied to the ball to propel it FORWARD if it wasn't the throwing motion?

If the ball was totally loose and was slapped forward like a volleyball serve would you call it a "throw" just because his arm moved the ball forward?

Edited by NoSaint