Haw many want Drew as the starter next year?

191 members have voted

1. 1. Haw many want Drew as the starter next year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious what the concensus is.

189240[/snapback]

I'm really undecided on this. I like to think we found some consistancy on the second half of the season and would like to try and build on it. I'm afraid JP might be a step back.

On the other hand, I've got a bigger question - How well would Bledsoe have to do in order to keep his job for the '06 season?

Would simply reaching the playoffs bring Bledsoe back for another year? Winning a playoff game? Winning two playoff games?

Rivers? Has he played a down all year?

189952[/snapback]

he just said "held their weight". Rivers was able to stick around 225lbs eating hot dogs on the bench all season, yes.

(he did throw a TD pass today)

Disgraced?  Come on!

And I suppose losing 4 straight SB's is better... :doh:

189696[/snapback]

I certainly hope that comment was not made in order to compare Bledsoe to Jim Kelly...I'm won't even touch that one... :(

And to answer the question, yes losing 4 Super Bowls in a row, no matter how painful, was a hell of a lot better than the mediocre crap that the Bledsoe era has brought...A hell of a lot better...At least then we could say The Bills were the 2nd best Team in the NFL with some confidence...Now, I guess we can brag about being tied for 7th best in the AFC... ;)

Leo Roth - Will Drew Bledsoe ever beat a good team in a big game? He struggled all game with his accuracy and reads against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense (missing eight starters by the second quarter), and threw for just 101 yards taking away a final, desperation drive. He had an interception and a fumble for a TD. He posted a 19.5 rating in the first half when the Bills fell into a 16-10 hole, then gave up the game's most crushing turnover, a fumble after a sack that the Steelers returned 18 yards for a touchdown. J.P. Losman has something to shoot for next summer — Drew's job. Grade = D

Sal Maiorana - Bills QB Drew Bledsoe: Same old story. Play the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks or 49ers and Drew's your man. Play him against a team that can actually play defense, like New England, Baltimore or Pittsburgh, and forget it. Another stinker in a big game for Bledsoe as he threw an interception and lost a fumble that resulted in 10 Steelers points; he was sacked three times, had two other potential picks dropped, and compiled a QB rating of 58.9.

Leo Roth -  Will Drew Bledsoe ever beat a good team in a big game? He struggled all game with his accuracy and reads against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense (missing eight starters by the second quarter), and threw for just 101 yards taking away a final, desperation drive. He had an interception and a fumble for a TD. He posted a 19.5 rating in the first half when the Bills fell into a 16-10 hole, then gave up the game's most crushing turnover, a fumble after a sack that the Steelers returned 18 yards for a touchdown. J.P. Losman has something to shoot for next summer — Drew's job. Grade = D

Sal Maiorana - Bills QB Drew Bledsoe: Same old story. Play the Browns, Bengals, Seahawks or 49ers and Drew's your man. Play him against a team that can actually play defense, like New England, Baltimore or Pittsburgh, and forget it. Another stinker in a big game for Bledsoe as he threw an interception and lost a fumble that resulted in 10 Steelers points; he was sacked three times, had two other potential picks dropped, and compiled a QB rating of 58.9.

190122[/snapback]

That kinda says it all doesn't it? DB cannot win the big one. The Bills gave us a great stretch run, and it was fun. In those games DB was the reason for one win. Let's see what the kid can do.

Leo Roth -  Will Drew Bledsoe ever beat a good team in a big game? He struggled all game with his accuracy and reads against the No. 1-ranked Steelers defense (missing eight starters by the second quarter), and threw for just 101 yards taking away a final, desperation drive. He had an interception and a fumble for a TD. He posted a 19.5 rating in the first half when the Bills fell into a 16-10 hole, then gave up the game's most crushing turnover, a fumble after a sack that the Steelers returned 18 yards for a touchdown. J.P. Losman has something to shoot for next summer — Drew's job. Grade = D

190122[/snapback]

This has been the "myth" about Bledsoe which is pure fact. I have asked for years- please name me one Monday Night Football game, Sunday Night Football game, or playoff game where Drew has ever kicked ass. Yesterday versus Pitt was a playoff game

Well, my first post ever.

I wonder if Pats fans were debating this same question a few years back. We need to move on, otherwise, we will wallow in mediocrity. Drew just can't win the big one against great defenses that remotely test him (the only exception I can think of was the second game shootout against the Fins). JP is obviously a question mark, but then again, wasn't Brady, Rothesburger, Eli Manning, and every other new quarterback with limited or no experience?

Let's show some balls and test our first roud pick. We might fail (ala the Giants this year), but finding a capable quarterback isn't easy. If we don't at least try, we'll be in this same rut of debating the same debate that existed when Drew was with the Pats. Back luck that J.P. broke his leg, but he's getting paid to be the future and should now assume that role. He should get more snaps than Drew at training camp and the pre-season and be groomed as the starter. Drew lost the job yesterday.

By the way, like it or not, I can't deny that TD's acquisition of Drew was a bad one. He filled the seats his first year and made it exciting in a year of salary cap slashes. His second year was obviously not as successful (probably due to Peerless leaving). His third year started out like hell, got better, and then crashed and burned (coinciding nicely with the talent of our opponent). As much as I like him as a team leader and as much as I agreed with Mularkey for staying with him when the going got tough (really, how could anyone have expected J.P. to come in on a bad leg back in late Oct. early Nov. with hardly any real practice time), I think we've ridden Drew as far as we can.

Well, my first post ever.

I wonder if Pats fans were debating this same question a few years back. We need to move on, otherwise, we will wallow in mediocrity. Drew just can't win the big one against great defenses that remotely test him (the only exception I can think of was the second game shootout against the Fins). JP is obviously a question mark, but then again, wasn't Brady, Rothesburger, Eli Manning, and every other new quarterback with limited or no experience?

Let's show some balls and test our first roud pick. We might fail (ala the Giants this year), but finding a capable quarterback isn't easy. If we don't at least try,  we'll be in this same rut of debating the same debate that existed when Drew was with the Pats. Back luck that J.P. broke his leg, but he's getting paid to be the future and should now assume that role. He should get more snaps than Drew at training camp and the pre-season and be groomed as the starter. Drew lost the job yesterday.

By the way, like it or not, I can't deny that TD's acquisition of Drew was a bad one. He filled the seats his first year and made it exciting in a year of salary cap slashes. His second year was obviously not as successful (probably due to Peerless leaving). His third year started out like hell, got better, and then crashed and burned (coinciding nicely with the talent of our opponent). As much as I like him as a team leader and as much as I agreed with Mularkey for staying with him when the going got tough (really, how could anyone have expected J.P. to come in on a bad leg back in late Oct. early Nov. with hardly any real practice time), I think we've ridden Drew as far as we can.

190383[/snapback]

While I voted no to the idea of Drew starting next year, his arrival wasn't an all-round failure. His good play in the first seven games of 2002 caused us to go 5-2, giving the impression the Bills were a team on the way up. Attracted by this offensive success, players like Sam Adams and Takeo Spikes signed with the Bills, even though they could have had more money by going with a team like Cincinnati. Had Drew played like Todd Collins in 2002, we wouldn't have the same defense we do.

If you look at the sets the Bills were running out of shotgun yesterday (2 RB, 3 WR's just about ALL game) that tellls you what you need to know about Drew. The coaches obviously do not have confidence in Drew against teams like the Steelers, so they call the most conserative of the shotgun formations to keep 2 RB's to protect Drew, thus this decreases the WR's chances of getting open, thus Drew holds the ball too long, thus Drew gets sacked.

What really needs to happen next season is for the staff to allow JP and Drew to battle it out for the starting position during camp and pre-season. The better man will get the job. All the rest is mere opinion and speculation.

What really needs to happen next season is for the staff to allow JP and Drew to battle it out for the starting position during camp and pre-season. The better man will get the job. All the rest is mere opinion and speculation.

190660[/snapback]

I think this is the stance the organization should take. To come out in the next month or two and declare that DB is the starter for 2005 no matter what happens during mini camps or training camp would be foolish. Open it up and may the best man win.

190660[/snapback]

I could live with that. Let them battle out for the starters job. The best man wins with no bias.

Interesting that the ratio is about 4 to 1 to remove Bledsoe. All of the apologists should take note, the vast majority want Bledoe outta here !

190945[/snapback]

The Bills' front office should take note. I'm not saying a team should allow its fans to make personnel moves, but they have to realize our patience is wearing thin. We are smart fans who know when something is very wrong.