So can we talk about SJ attitude for a minute

D521646

There was one play that I saw during the replay that SJ was really out of it right out of the huddle and he looked like he was sulking, but to me when I watched it I thought he was pissed at himself, not pissed at Fitz or the team. And it's not like he loafed the next play. I think it's impossible to get inside a player's head like that and we all know he is a different dude. I did notice from interviews that he did after the game he was very happy and very laudatory about his team and teammates, including Fitz.

yea - i dont think any of us will ever be able to really understand stevie. best we can do is enjoy him at this point.

and thats not too hard to do.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is total crap. Everything I have ever heard from a player and coach of the Bills, which is a lot, is that his teammates absolutely love him, as do the coaches. He practices as hard as anyone. In fact, when they renegotiated his contract it was pointed out that the Bills never even brought up the endzone celebration stuff or any of his antics because the team loves him.

Well said. I was just about to post about what a giant load of crap that was too.

Probably just human nature. Stevie is a performer and is competitive, those types always get a bit down if they don't get the ball a lot. He was running a lot of routes where he was just asked to block for the run, or be a decoy.

The question you have to ask yourself is who really wants skill offensive players who don't want to get the ball every chance they can?

He's fine and is finding the end zone each week. The more success we have with our running game the less safety over the top he will see and the more success he will have - its all good.

I noticed a few times his body language looked like he was upset or frustrated. But it could be from any number of things (CBs, Refs, bad day, whatever), so I'm not going to jump on him. He's not getting flagged for celebrations, and I'm thankful for that. :)

That is total crap. Everything I have ever heard from a player and coach of the Bills, which is a lot, is that his teammates absolutely love him, as do the coaches. He practices as hard as anyone. In fact, when they renegotiated his contract it was pointed out that the Bills never even brought up the endzone celebration stuff or any of his antics because the team loves him.

Just because they all love him, he plays and practices hard, does not make him a great teammate. I'm talking about teamsmanship. It's not a word, but it should be. Does he realize how hard every other player on the field worked to make his TD happen? He certainly doesn't show it. He doesn't even acknowledge his teammates after scoring. Am I wrong?

Just because they all love him, he plays and practices hard, does not make him a great teammate. I'm talking about teamsmanship. It's not a word, but it should be. Does he realize how hard every other player on the field worked to make his TD happen? He certainly doesn't show it. He doesn't even acknowledge his teammates after scoring. Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong.....stevie gives 120% he does not deserve any criticizm IMO This is just nitpicking really on your part...........He sees Chandler everyday Who wouldn't want to celebrate with the fans?

Stevie said today regarding the Bills running more going forward..."I wouldn't be surprised, I wouldn't even be mad"

The guy wants to win. I think he's still bothered by the groin and taking it easy when he can, like on a running play to the other side of the field.

Yes he does realize how every other player on the field works, and if you listen to him a lot you would know that. He does it all the time. You just make **** up about him and criticize him without knowing differently, because if you did listen to him talk a lot, there is zero chance you would think he was selfish or not showing "teamsmanship". Besides, how the hell do you know what he does on the sidelines after he scores with his teammates. Scott Chandler runs and jumps in the stands and stays there, as does David Nelson. They both hate their teammates and would rather celebrate with perfect strangers, right?

Sorry, I haven't see it. He's not 100% and seems like he is all about his business. At the same time, let's be real for a second. some fans love to rip and kick a player the second they do something wrong. As a player, maybe your attitude might change a little bit too. But SJ is probably one of biggest Buffalo boosters on the entire team.

But again now, there are multiple people that have obviously seen something that is off about his attitude. I think the OP brings up a good point. I like Stevie, but again, I along with numerous others, saw the same thing. And it has absolutely nothing to do with running 40 yard routes.

But again, something just slightly off. Nothing to worry about yet, but it's just something that is somewhat noticeable.

Ok, week one against the Jets it was obvious and not so obvious against KC, however, I watched the replays and couldn't help but notice that he seems ho hum. One play he left the huddle before they broke and then realized it and still had his back to the team and sort of leaning in from behind and he had this wierd look on his face like something was really bothering him.

Is he becoming a diva type like TO, Moss? He's getting the ball more than any other reciever (Which is a topic for another discussion as I'm not happy about how one dimmensional Fitz is becomming) on the team, so what's his beef? I'm telling you all something isn't right, there's something going on with him.

Anyone else notice his actions?

Tim-

I am totally with you on this. I was going to bring it up on here, but I knew all the eternal optimists would jump my case for pointing out a negative. His body language and facial expressions have been very divaesque. Anybody who is good at reading these cues can easily pick up on it. I am definitely worried about it.

I also get the sense that Fitz is trying to please him and this might affect his decision-making. Instead of letting the defense dictate and finding the open man, he might be feeling pressure to get Stevie his stats.

This dynamic is in the early stages of development, but like you, I certainly have picked up on it.

There was one play that I saw during the replay that SJ was really out of it right out of the huddle and he looked like he was sulking, but to me when I watched it I thought he was pissed at himself, not pissed at Fitz or the team. And it's not like he loafed the next play. I think it's impossible to get inside a player's head like that and we all know he is a different dude. I did notice from interviews that he did after the game he was very happy and very laudatory about his team and teammates, including Fitz.

Ding Ding. I think this is the one that most people noticed. I'm pretty sure it was right after a play where it wasn't a perfect pass but a catchable one. He left the huddle early and clearly looked pissed. I totally agree that he was just showing his frustration at not catching the ball and not because he was upset at fitz or the team or being a diva, etc....

I am totally with you on this. I was going to bring it up on here, but I knew all the eternal optimists would jump my case for pointing out a negative. His body language and facial expressions have been very divaesque. Anybody who is good at reading these cues can easily pick up on it. I am definitely worried about it.

I also get the sense that Fitz is trying to please him and this might affect his decision-making. Instead of letting the defense dictate and finding the open man, he might be feeling pressure to get Stevie his stats.

This dynamic is in the early stages of development, but like you, I certainly have picked up on it.

Thank you and I concur. Nothing to be too worried about, but it is noticable, IMO.

Tim-