So can we talk about SJ attitude for a minute

D521646

Ok, week one against the Jets it was obvious and not so obvious against KC, however, I watched the replays and couldn't help but notice that he seems ho hum. One play he left the huddle before they broke and then realized it and still had his back to the team and sort of leaning in from behind and he had this wierd look on his face like something was really bothering him.

Is he becoming a diva type like TO, Moss? He's getting the ball more than any other reciever (Which is a topic for another discussion as I'm not happy about how one dimmensional Fitz is becomming) on the team, so what's his beef? I'm telling you all something isn't right, there's something going on with him.

Anyone else notice his actions?

Tim-

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, week one against the Jets it was obvious and not so obvious against KC, however, I watched the replays and couldn't help but notice that he seems ho hum. One play he left the huddle before they broke and then realized it and still had his back to the team and sort of leaning in from behind and he had this wierd look on his face like something was really bothering him.

Is he becoming a diva type like TO, Moss? He's getting the ball more than any other reciever (Which is a topic for another discussion as I'm not happy about how one dimmensional Fitz is becomming) on the team, so what's his beef? I'm telling you all something isn't right, there's something going on with him.

Tim-

I noticed this on Sunday at the game. Couple of us were actually talking about in the stands. Not sure how bad it really is, but it was enough to make us all wonder as well.

So when he celebrates, he's immature, selfish, and not about the team? Yet, when he just goes out and plays (with a bad groin no less), he's a diva? Man, the guy can't win. Honestly listen to him on WGR on Mondays. He is probably one of the best leaders on the team. If anything, he seems like he has matured. I love the guy,

So when he celebrates, he's immature, selfish, and not about the team? Yet, when he just goes out and plays (with a bad groin no less), he's a diva? Man, the guy can't win. Honestly listen to him on WGR on Mondays. He is probably one of the best leaders on the team. If anything, he seems like he has matured. I love the guy,

I'm pretty sure the OP just asked if anyone else saw anything that looks kind of odd about SJ's attitude on the field. I have no idea who the OP is, and wondered the same thing at the game. I love SJ.

He's just asking. I'm wondering as well. This wasn't the kind of SJ matured posturing, that's why he asked. Hopefully, it's the groin, but it does look to have a tad bit of pout in there as well.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I'm pretty sure the OP just asked if anyone else saw anything that looks kind of odd about SJ's attitude on the field. I have no idea who the OP is, and wondered the same thing at the game. I love SJ.

He's just asking. I'm wondering as well. This wasn't the kind of SJ matured posturing, that's why he asked. Hopefully, it's the groin, but it does look to have a tad bit of pout in there as well.

Sorry, I haven't see it. He's not 100% and seems like he is all about his business. At the same time, let's be real for a second. some fans love to rip and kick a player the second they do something wrong. As a player, maybe your attitude might change a little bit too. But SJ is probably one of biggest Buffalo boosters on the entire team.

I know that after running a route that actually covers 30 or 40 yards and running back to the huddle you are a little gassed. There isn't necessarily a benefit to being in the huddle if you know the play and your role. It isn't highschool football where everyone stays and we go "ready, break!" Watch DB's. Half the time they don't even go in the defensive huddle at all. I really don't find it to be that big of a deal.

I noticed after his TD, Chandler came over to give him a high five, but he was oblivious, looking around at the crowd instead. Oh well. It is what it is. He'll never be known for having a great attitude or being the best teammate, but he's the only decent WR on the team and at least he has no flags this year (..yet).

Agreed. First Bill in team history to post consecutive 1,000 yard seasons. Plays hurt, vocal leader, swagger and courage.

There was one play that I saw during the replay that SJ was really out of it right out of the huddle and he looked like he was sulking, but to me when I watched it I thought he was pissed at himself, not pissed at Fitz or the team. And it's not like he loafed the next play. I think it's impossible to get inside a player's head like that and we all know he is a different dude. I did notice from interviews that he did after the game he was very happy and very laudatory about his team and teammates, including Fitz.

I noticed the same thing, any thoughts I have on what it is about would be conjecture. I hope it is not frustration over his groin injury, but something is up because apparently more than a few of us noticed it

Tim-

I noticed after his TD, Chandler came over to give him a high five, but he was oblivious, looking around at the crowd instead. Oh well. It is what it is. He'll never be known for having a great attitude or being the best teammate, but he's the only decent WR on the team and at least he has no flags this year (..yet).

That is total crap. Everything I have ever heard from a player and coach of the Bills, which is a lot, is that his teammates absolutely love him, as do the coaches. He practices as hard as anyone. In fact, when they renegotiated his contract it was pointed out that the Bills never even brought up the endzone celebration stuff or any of his antics because the team loves him.

Is he any less intense in his route running or blocking? No? Okay, then who cares?

Exactly and there's a total double standard here. Some of the reason people hated Maybin was because he got excited and jumped around after every play (and god forbid you get excited playing football). So now that SJ doesn't go crazy after a play, he's becoming a diva? I don't get this at all.

Is he any less intense in his route running or blocking? No? Okay, then who cares?

Agreed. We know that Stevie and Fitz are tight. But...

Evidently it's something for people here to complain about, you know? He's our best WR and he looked mad so the OP figured he was a headcase like TO. C'est la vie.

Look folks, I'm NOT here to bash Stevie, I love him and he's my favorite Bills Wr since Moulds. All I'm saying is that he seems to be in some kind of flunk and it's noticable. Which means that I noticed it, and apparently it's not just me. Could be the groin, who knows, that's why I'm asking for input on what others might suspect is going on. It's not just the "flunk" either. I've notcied that in both games he hasn't fought for the ball or the position as he normally does. Not calling it lazy but it looks that way is all.

Yes granted, Fitz hasn't been accurate and late on throws, so maybe this is it; I dunno but to deny that what I'm seeing is not happening is nonesense.

Tim-