Grantland piece "The Spiller coming out party"

That's a very well written and informed article. Thanks for posting it. It also explained the reason for the huge opening on Spiller's longest run, the 38 yarder. KC had six DBs, and the extra one was the guy that missed Spiller badly, allowing him to break into the open field. If the regular LB is there maybe it's a 5 or 8 yard run and not 38. Keep that in mind all you guys who think we should just be a power running team. His two best running plays came in pass formations against pass defenses.

That's a very well written and informed article. Thanks for posting it. It also explained the reason for the huge opening on Spiller's longest run, the 38 yarder. KC had six DBs, and the extra one was the guy that missed Spiller badly, allowing him to break into the open field. If the regular LB is there maybe it's a 5 or 8 yard run and not 38. Keep that in mind all you guys who think we should just be a power running team. His two best running plays came in pass formations against pass defenses.

:thumbsup: very good point. and i hate to say this but I don't wanna see CJ lose carries to FJ. Love to see FJ as the "i need a breather back" over Choice of course. To copy Houston and have CJ in Foster's role and FJ in Tate's roll would be nice to see, let em both tear it up. I just want Cj to get top billing, he has worked his butt off and deserves to get the lion's share (this does date back to his impressive performances last year as well)

Edited by Ryan L Billz

This is a very good point. If we just run, teams will stack the box and dare Fitz to throw.

I don't know about you guys, but hopefully in the near future I would love to read a stat line that went something like:

Jackson 18 carries.

Spiller 12 carries.

Fitzpatrick 12-20 passing.

If even that were to become roughly our average for the year I think it would mean good things with respect to wins/losses.

I think Spills will do just fine averaging 2.5 carries less a game than right now.

Maybe not 120 yards per game fine given his current average, but him rushing for 65-75 per would be great.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

That's the beauty of it.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know about you guys, but hopefully in the near future I would love to read a stat line that went something like:

Jackson 18 carries.

Spiller 12 carries.

If even that were to become roughly our average for the year I think it would mean good things with respect to wins/losses.

I think Spills will do just fine averaging 2.5 carries less a game than right now.

Maybe not 120 yards per game fine given his current average, but him rushing for 65-75 per would be great.

That's kind of my hope as well. I think FJ is more reliable at getting those hard fought 4 yards, and can generally take a beating better (freak injuries aside), and CJ works better for the spread formation, off tackle/draw plays that can either get -3 yards, or >15 yards.

Jackson 18 carries.

Spiller 12 carries.

I really hope the Bills average far more than 50 offensive snaps per game. Currently they are averaging 56.5, good enough for a tie with Jacksonville for 29th in the league.

I really hope the Bills average far more than 50 offensive snaps per game. Currently they are averaging 56.5, good enough for a tie with Jacksonville for 29th in the league.

Defense better get the F off the field, then.

Oh, and it would help if we didn't turn the ball over, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Well if CJ keeps ripping off multiple 20+ yard carries, it's hard to get more offensive snaps.

Well if CJ keeps ripping off multiple 20+ yard carries, it's hard to get more offensive snaps.

It's a valid point. While the Bills are tied for 29th in number of offensive snaps, their 6.8 yards/play is second only to Carolina's 6.9.

Jackson 18 carries.

Spiller 12 carries.

This is more likely:

Spiller 18 carries.

Jackson 12 carries.

Spiller has the youth and a hair more speed, not to mention he's got the momentum going right now. When Fred comes back and gets more carries and the Bills lose Chan will get crucified in the media for not using CJ more.

That's kind of my hope as well. I think FJ is more reliable at getting those hard fought 4 yards, and can generally take a beating better (freak injuries aside), and CJ works better for the spread formation, off tackle/draw plays that can either get -3 yards, or >15 yards.

Ground, pound, shake and bake with those two would be nice.

I just wish Freddy would be back for the NE, which I know he isn't. I think a steady flow of Spiller and Freddy, at home ,w ould make all the difference in that game.

of course, yes, I agree e-b. Lets just consider it a percentage or maybe have the 6-10 other plays be Fritz scrambling or Smith out of the the Wildcat.

:D

This is more likely:

Spiller 18 carries.

Jackson 12 carries.

Spiller has the youth and a hair more speed, not to mention he's got the momentum going right now. When Fred comes back and gets more carries and the Bills lose Chan will get crucified in the media for not using CJ more.

Agree, I like this a little bit better (for my fantasy team as well!!)