Video of Bills fan fight at Chiefs game

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife and I are 33 and 34, we remember the glory days during junior high and high school. We were at the opener the other dayand were stone cold sober the whole time. And we are far from teetotalers. Just sayin'...

Im 33 as well. Dont get me wrong, we party hard at our Bills bar on Sundays, and everyone generally knows how to do it responsibly. Im not saying it's every one of our generation, but I bet we both have friends we'd be embarrassed of at the Ralph. My point was that it's not just the usual 19-22 year old college kids, it's also older people who should know better, reliving those idiotic days.

I was in the upper deck Sunday, and across the aisle from me there was a group of people(men, women & children) all with Greenwood Chiefs jerseys on. Never heard of the guy, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that they were family members. Instead of some good natured booing or razzing, there were a group of 20 something punks a few rows behind me who decided it would be cool to chant "F*** the Chiefs" at these people ALL game long. The entire upper deck appeared to be made up of a typical Saturday night chip strip crowd.

Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe the crowd is getting worse. Maybe a combination of both, but I have grown tired of going to games at RWS.

Like I pointed out in another thread, good decision to replace patdowns with metal detector wanding. You will now catch everyone walking into the game with keys and change in their pockets, but not catch someone with a plastic flask of liquor.

I think they should have zero tolerance policies. Any behavior remotely resembling this gets you a lifetime ban.

Im 33 as well. Dont get me wrong, we party hard at our Bills bar on Sundays, and everyone generally knows how to do it responsibly. Im not saying it's every one of our generation, but I bet we both have friends we'd be embarrassed of at the Ralph. My point was that it's not just the usual 19-22 year old college kids, it's also older people who should know better, reliving those idiotic days.

Exactly. I know everyone wants to blame college kids but a lot of people act like idiots. For some reason, some people think that going to a football game means you can act like an idiot. It's the same mentality that people have when they talk crap over the internet.

I enjoy tailgating to the fullest and have never once been close to getting into a fight. As for opposing fans, I love to give them a little good natured grief but I also try and make things enjoyable for the, as well to make Buffalo look good. Instead of being idiots and jerks, we could use the Bills as a great way to promote our city. There's nothing wrong with having a good time, jsut don't act like an idiot.

Exactly. I know everyone wants to blame college kids but a lot of people act like idiots. For some reason, some people think that going to a football game means you can act like an idiot. It's the same mentality that people have when they talk crap over the internet.

I enjoy tailgating to the fullest and have never once been close to getting into a fight. As for opposing fans, I love to give them a little good natured grief but I also try and make things enjoyable for the, as well to make Buffalo look good. Instead of being idiots and jerks, we could use the Bills as a great way to promote our city. There's nothing wrong with having a good time, jsut don't act like an idiot.

I'd be curious to see the actual ages of people involved in these idiotic situations. Yeah there are plenty of idiots of any age, but I'd be willing to be it does skew towards the younger ages. Is it something so simple as them not really knowing how to handle their alcohol at that point?

And yes, there are idiots at every age at games. I had a 60-something south Boston fool spewing obscenities at me at a Bruins-Sabres game last year (the Miller-Lucic incident). I had line after line of nursing home jokes all lined up in my head, but since it was an entire row of south Boston behind me, I decided against it. Those people terrify me.

Less about age and more about socio-economic background. Most of the time these people have nothing else to live for. Getting drunk and knocking out a guy at a Bills game will be one of the few highlights of their life. If you respond to this thread and defend fist fighting at sporting events then you are probably a loser too.

WOW.... what a bunch of gutless little people. I have never felt so ahsamed to be from western ny! Did u see that lil 150lb kid in the black shirt knock out the cheek pointing kitty cat???

take this off the internet before the whole nfl see's where the non tough come to watch games. Now some ignorant dolphans fans are gonna punk us because we look weak

BUT it was great seeing jimmy spaggs get hit

Less about age and more about socio-economic background. Most of the time these people have nothing else to live for. Getting drunk and knocking out a guy at a Bills game will be one of the few highlights of their life. If you respond to this thread and defend fist fighting at sporting events then you are probably a loser too.

Fist fighting does have a place in some sporting events, namely boxing and MMA matches. Other then that though, you are correct.