My visit to the Buffalo

tito1

First time season ticket holder from Columbus Ohio. Stayed at the Adams Mark downtown, noticed ALOT of car windows smashed. Is there a history of car break ins down in that area? I was a bit concerned as I drive a jeep wrangler (which did survive without incident). Anyways, spent the evenin at the hotel bar and watched college football, then grabbed a few cold ones at Pearl St brewery (cool place)

Sunday couldn't have been better (without the traffic going to the stadium). Tailgated right off of southwestern and Abbot (wish I knew a few more people as it was just me and the wife) in a nice lot. I'm not from the area, but I really am a big fan of not only the Bills, but I really just like the city and surrounding area (must've live there in a past life or something)

Anyways, ill be in Cleveland this Sunday. For this coming, if you see a big flagpole with 2 Bills flags by a Chevy blazer, stop by. Free beer and food for any fellow Bills fans!!!

Next time you should try some of the hotels in the Amherst area. The Marriott will be sure to not have any broken windows and break Ins as it's properly secured by both Amherst PD and UB campus security on a regular basis. There's always a few other hotels around the area too. Sorry you felt unsafe where you were but got the most part you shouldn't be bad anywhere around. Just don't drive down any streets that are named after fruits think that if a street is named Goodyear that they must be happy all the time. It's not the case. And some streets named after States have some bad spots too. Hope you enjoy in the future.

Next time you should try some of the hotels in the Amherst area. The Marriott will be sure to not have any broken windows and break Ins as it's properly secured by both Amherst PD and UB campus security on a regular basis. There's always a few other hotels around the area too. Sorry you felt unsafe where you were but got the most part you shouldn't be bad anywhere around. Just don't drive down any streets that are named after fruits think that if a street is named Goodyear that they must be happy all the time. It's not the case. And some streets named after States have some bad spots too. Hope you enjoy in the future.

Thanks - I was up about every 2 hours paranoid someone was getting into my car haha. I'll be sure to check out the Amherst area next time I am in town. Can't wait to make it back. Next game I should be at is the Thursday nighter. Wish I could come for more but that 6.5 hr drive can be long and get expensive

First time season ticket holder from Columbus Ohio. Stayed at the Adams Mark downtown, noticed ALOT of car windows smashed. Is there a history of car break ins down in that area? I was a bit concerned as I drive a jeep wrangler (which did survive without incident). Anyways, spent the evenin at the hotel bar and watched college football, then grabbed a few cold ones at Pearl St brewery (cool place)

Sunday couldn't have been better (without the traffic going to the stadium). Tailgated right off of southwestern and Abbot (wish I knew a few more people as it was just me and the wife) in a nice lot. I'm not from the area, but I really am a big fan of not only the Bills, but I really just like the city and surrounding area (must've live there in a past life or something)

Anyways, ill be in Cleveland this Sunday. For this coming, if you see a big flagpole with 2 Bills flags by a Chevy blazer, stop by. Free beer and food for any fellow Bills fans!!!

What kind of beer?

You could also try the Hyatt Downtown. It's a little nicer of an area if I recall and there's a parking garage right across the street that should be a little safer. I stayed there for a wedding last Feb and didn't have any worries at all. The rooms I thought were pretty nice for a run of the mill Buffalo Hotel as well.

Another option would be the Millenium (I think that's it) which pretty much shares a parking lot with the Walden Galleria Mall. It's not in a bad area and security roams there pretty regularly I believe. Next time your coming here, give me a MSG, I'll check on some more in other locations if you want/need assistance. Have fun in Cleveland this coming week.

There is no need to go out to the suburbs. The aforementioned Hyatt is fine, as is the Embassy Suites, as is the Hampton. All are downtown, and all are in perfectly fine areas. Two of the three valet your car, and the third has a secured lot.

The Adams Mark is isolated. You probably noticed. There's nothing going on at the very far end of downtown, so the likelihood for petty crime is greater.

Yea I saw a bunch of posts about hammers but I wasn't sure of I should just "show up". Next time I'm coming with a case of beer and just meeti everyone.

My first time at Hammer's was this past Sunday. The wife and I had a great time; everyone was great. I'd met several on various away games over the years, but I met plenty of new friends too. Watch out for a little guy named Rich though, real shifty looking little bugger.

Thanks - I was up about every 2 hours paranoid someone was getting into my wcar haha. I'll be sure to check out the Amherst area next time I am in town. Can't wait to make it back. Next game I should be at is the Thursday nighter. Wish I could come for more but that 6.5 hr drive can be long and get expensive

Definitely stay in Amherst ....I live in Amherst .....prior to next game message me and I will give you a great list of places to go.....and maybe we can meet up for a cold one!!!

tito1

no need to go to the burbs, The Doubletree on high street in the medical center is reasonable, clean and safe, cars are valet parked so no vandalidism. The achor bar is a safe walk of a city block away, Its one of Buffalo's better kept secrets.

anchor bar sucks

BTW, from the Adamd Mark to the stadium should have been hardly any traffic. From downtown you need to take RT 5 through Lackawana, then take RT179 to a right on McKinley Parkway, left on Brompton, Left on Southwestern and there you are!!!

That should be no more than 20-25 minutes...i do not care when you leave!!!

BTW, from the Adamd Mark to the stadium should have been hardly any traffic. From downtown you need to take RT 5 through Lackawana, then take RT179 to a right on McKinley Parkway, left on Brompton, Left on Southwestern and there you are!!!

That should be no more than 20-25 minutes...i do not care when you leave!!!

These are good directions to avoid traffic

Definitely stay in Amherst ....I live in Amherst .....prior to next game message me and I will give you a great list of places to go.....and maybe we can meet up for a cold one!!!

Glad you get it BF34. Ive got no problems with downtown myself but I'm more of a suburbian kind of guy. Sure you don't walk to many places but the traffic ain't bad anyway. It's just a different kind of lifestyle. Personally I like it more and personally I feel that's why I think Buffalo and the sorrounding areas great. Just thought he'd like to try something else. I grew up in Amherst and live on the Cheektowaga and Snyder border now. Can't say I'll live here forever but I wouldn't mind it if I did.

Add me to the "go grab a cold one" group. I'm open for adding more fans to my weekly tailgate as well. Give me a ring.

Nice man - I will definitely do that. Good looking out, i will check out Amherst next time I come up

Glad you get it BF34. Ive got no problems with downtown myself but I'm more of a suburbian kind of guy. Sure you don't walk to many places but the traffic ain't bad anyway. It's just a different kind of lifestyle. Personally I like it more and personally I feel that's why I think Buffalo and the sorrounding areas great. Just thought he'd like to try something else. I grew up in Amherst and live on the Cheektowaga and Snyder border now. Can't say I'll live here forever but I wouldn't mind it if I did.

Add me to the "go grab a cold one" group. I'm open for adding more fans to my weekly tailgate as well. Give me a ring.

Awesome - If i can get up to a game before the Thursday nighter, I will holler at you guys. Otherwise it will be November 15. Already sold my Pats and Titans tickets, would love to have been able to come up. Wife is only willing to making the 6.5 hr drive a few times a year though (as the weekend is pretty much driving, college football, beer, tailgating, nfl football, beer, drive home!)