Buffalo Bisons To Become AAA Affiliate Of The Toronto Blue Jays

BuffaloBillsForever

This is a match made in heaven. Bisons inherent one of the top 3 farm systems in baseball, Blue Jays get out of the PCL. Blue Jays fans LOVE this move. Bisons will attract some good crowds and have some good teams in the coming years.

A player gets called up from AAA and can take a bus to Toronto...lol.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

So now they can change their jerseys yet again. I wish they'd just go back to the swinging Buster Bison from the 90s and stick with it. But anyway, it obviously is a good move for the team. With all the affiliations they've had over the years, it's hard to believe they never had Toronto before.

The Jays AA affiliate plays here in NH. The Fishercats won the Eastern league in 2011. Nice to have a Buffalo connection.

PTR

As of this moment, the Jays crop of pitching talent is currently in A and AA. You will be seeing most of them for the first time in AAA in a Bisons uniform. Their farm system is a BIG step up from the Mets.

This move makes so much sense. the only possible move I see that would be better is be the yankees affiliate

Although Toronto is much closer to Buffalo then Buffalo is to New York. I think the Indians are closer to Buffalo then the Yankees

This is a good move for the jays because it gives them their Triple A team within driving distance (A guy could be called up at 3 the day of a game and make it to Rogers Centre for Batting Practice), and it gets them out of the hitters league of the PCL. I can see this drawing in interest for both teams (Jays fans coming down to Buffalo for games like I know plan on) and maybe Bisons fans coming up more to Toronto for games

I heard about this about a month ago and thought it was a great move

As of this moment, the Jays crop of pitching talent is currently in A and AA. You will be seeing most of them for the first time in AAA in a Bisons uniform. Their farm system is a BIG step up from the Mets.

The rest of the Triple A roster is currently playing at the Rogers Centre right now, lol

Good move all around. Makes a lot of sense for both organizations. Kinda' like the Buf-Roch connection in NHL-AHL hockey. I wouldn't expect this sudden explosion in attendance though. AAA baseball in Buffalo has been losing steam over several years. They need to make it fun to come to the ballpark again... Winning will help, some Canadians will help, but there has been something missing there.

Good move all around. Makes a lot of sense for both organizations. Kinda' like the Buf-Roch connection in NHL-AHL hockey. I wouldn't expect this sudden explosion in attendance though. AAA baseball in Buffalo has been losing steam over several years. They need to make it fun to come to the ballpark again... Winning will help, some Canadians will help, but there has been something missing there.

Giveaways! Or some type of gigantic version of a Hotdog or local food? No one goes to minor league baseball to watch the actual game.......

I think there may be an increase in attendance with Canadian Jays fans in niagara coming over to watch the future jays (winning does help though)

I know both myself and another guy I work with are both jays fans and have said we would now try to attend some games, even my fiancee whose a Jays fan has said she would want to go to games now too

Although Toronto is much closer to Buffalo then Buffalo is to New York. I think the Indians are closer to Buffalo then the Yankees

This is a good move for the jays because it gives them their Triple A team within driving distance (A guy could be called up at 3 the day of a game and make it to Rogers Centre for Batting Practice), and it gets them out of the hitters league of the PCL. I can see this drawing in interest for both teams (Jays fans coming down to Buffalo for games like I know plan on) and maybe Bisons fans coming up more to Toronto for games

I heard about this about a month ago and thought it was a great move

The rest of the Triple A roster is currently playing at the Rogers Centre right now, lol

The AAA roster playing in the MLB is their top position players, guys like Gose and Hech. I wonder how long d'Arnaud (one of the top catching prospects in baseball) will see in a Bisons uniform?

Winning and an exciting atmosphere will help. Hardcore Jays fan are very passionate about following the farm system and love the idea of coming to Buffalo to take in games.

Giveaways! Or some type of gigantic version of a Hotdog or local food? No one goes to minor league baseball to watch the actual game.......

I think there may be an increase in attendance with Canadian Jays fans in niagara coming over to watch the future jays (winning does help though)

I know both myself and another guy I work with are both jays fans and have said we would now try to attend some games, even my fiancee whose a Jays fan has said she would want to go to games now too

Check out Mike Harrington's column on what he's noticed around Pilot Field/Dunn Tire Stadium/Coca-Cola Field over the last couple years.

http://www.buffnews..../120909627/1086

Edited by Bmwolf21

The AAA roster playing in the MLB is their top position players, guys like Gose and Hech. I wonder how long d'Arnaud (one of the top catching prospects in baseball) will see in a Bisons uniform?

Its tough to say, if the rumors are true, he could be playing in the bigs next season. Some have said the Jays could bring him up to DH, or theres even the possibility they deal Arencibia somewhere and he moves up to share time with Mathis.....

Its should be a big offseason for Toronto, I'm expecting more trades then FA signings. They need an upgrade in left, an upgrade at 1st/DH (with EE splitting time between both spots with whomever they upgrade with), an upgrade at second, and 1-2 starting pitchers. Some of those spots can be taken by Gose/Sierra (I'd keep Rajai Davis as a 4th OFer), There were takes about moving escobar (if he isn't moved) to 2nd which would allow them to keep Hechavaria up at Short.

Check out Mike Harrington's column on what he's noticed around Pilot Field/Dunn Tire Stadium/Coca-Cola Field over the last couple years.

http://www.buffnews..../120909627/1086

I think the minor league teams in all sports seem to make the game day experience more about things other then the game because they feel that the fans want more to attract them to the games because they aren't the Major leagues.

I think the minor league teams in all sports seem to make the game day experience more about things other then the game because they feel that the fans want more to attract them to the games because they aren't the Major leagues.

No doubt, but the promotions and games and whatnot have to support the game, not overwhelm it. It's a tough line to walk sometimes.

Going through the article, I see a lot that Harrington nailed. The bathrooms need updating. The concourse is too dark. The seating areas are too dark. The seats and roof look weathered and in need of replacement or at the very least, repainting. Throughout the stadium there isn't much in the way of signage that celebrates the current or past teams.

Bisons inherent one of the top 3 farm systems in baseball, Blue Jays get out of the PCL.

:lol:

Record of the Syracuse Chiefs, AAA farm team for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1978-2008...

2008 69–73

2007 64–80

2006 64–79

2005 71–73

2004 66–78

2003 62–79

2002 64–80

2001 71–73

2000 74–66

1999 73–71

1998 80–62

1997 55–87

1996 67–75

1995 59–82

1994 71–71*

1993 59–82

1992 60–83

1991 73–71

1990 62–83

1989 83–62*

1988 70–71

1987 68–72

1986 72–67

1985 79–61*

1984 58–81

1983 61–78

1982 64–76

1981 60–80

1980 58–81

1979 77–63*

1978 50–90

* - made playoffs that year

:lol:

Record of the Syracuse Chiefs, AAA farm team for the Toronto Blue Jays from 1978-2008...

2008 69–73

2007 64–80

2006 64–79

2005 71–73

2004 66–78

2003 62–79

2002 64–80

2001 71–73

2000 74–66

1999 73–71

1998 80–62

1997 55–87

1996 67–75

1995 59–82

1994 71–71*

1993 59–82

1992 60–83

1991 73–71

1990 62–83

1989 83–62*

1988 70–71

1987 68–72

1986 72–67

1985 79–61*

1984 58–81

1983 61–78

1982 64–76

1981 60–80

1980 58–81

1979 77–63*

1978 50–90

* - made playoffs that year

Really bad post bro. How is the past relevant to what their current talent is in the farm system is in 2012? You also excluded the years their new GM took over and invested in more scouts than ANY other team in baseball.

Look at any baseball analytics shows the Blue Jays are projected in the the top 3 in young baseball talent.

http://www.fangraphs...league-systems/

So YES, the Bisons are inheriting a top farm system.

Really bad post bro. How is the past relevant to what their current talent is in the farm system is in 2012? You also excluded the years their new GM took over and invested in more scouts than ANY other team in baseball.

Look at any baseball analytics shows the Blue Jays are projected in the the top 3 in young baseball talent.

http://www.fangraphs...league-systems/

So YES, the Bisons are inheriting a top farm system.

I didn't exclude any years, 1978 to 2008 were the year the Chiefs were the farm team. And in those 20 years, the running joke was how soon they'd be out of the playoff hunt because the Blue Jays never supplied them with the talent they needed to make the playoffs.

I didn't exclude any years, 1978 to 2008 were the year the Chiefs were the farm team. And in those 20 years, the running joke was how soon they'd be out of the playoff hunt because the Blue Jays never supplied them with the talent they needed to make the playoffs.

And its irrelevant to today. They have different ownership, different GM, totally revamped scouting staff.

• 2 months later...

This is very, very exciting. It's going to be amazing to see Syndergaard, Sanchez, Norris and Osuna come up through Buffalo. I am ordering a 10-pack of tickets and I am a Jays fan living in NYC.

Good times await for those of us who have been waiting since '92-'93.

• 4 weeks later...

...it seems you forgot that players move up through the minor leagues? I mean, Toronto DID have a top notch farm system with a lot of promising young players before that blockbuster deal. They still have a chance to supply a pretty good team to Buffalo though. Even with the trade, they still have more AA/AAA talent than the Mets had.

• 6 months later...

has anyone gone to the games this year?

There are some good players playing there right now. Gose can be electric when on base, Lawrie and Reyes have both been their on short rehab assignments, Romero is starting to get back into form.

Now they get back The Japanese phenom that is Munenori KawaMascot!

I want to go next week when they have the Dickey bobblehead giveaway