Have we had enough Brad Smith yet?

Russ 'Em

He only gets on the field for a handfull of plays. The kick return game is no longer an important part of the NFL. The wildcat seems to be just a diversion and not a real yard gainer. Smith at reciever in my mind is as good as Roosevelt. I know Chan likes his versatility, but come on. That money could be spent on another quality reciever or an actual back up quarterback option. If Brad Smith has to come in to play our qb position, the year is over. Thoughts?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He only gets on the field for a handfull of plays. The kick return game is no longer an important part of the NFL. The wildcat seems to be just a diversion and not a real yard gainer. Smith at reciever in my mind is as good as Roosevelt. I know Chan likes his versatility, but come on. That money could be spent on another quality reciever or an actual back up quarterback option. If Brad Smith has to come in to play our qb position, the year is over. Thoughts?

if only we were tight on funds. but since we are not - why be upset?

Until he throws out of the wildcat, it's not going to be very effective - the gains we saw yesterday could have come from a well-executed running play from a more standard set. I think the wildcat would be more effective if Fredex took the snap with Spiller moving -- that's a tougher play to defense, and Fred has shown he can throw some (remember his TD pass to Evans a couple years ago?)

Because we are tight on roster spots and difference makers and legit wr's.

if you show me a difference maker or legit wr, id be totally on board.

As is, i dont see that option though. hes a solid player, 2 years in the system, and more talented than given credit for in my opinion.

if you show me a difference maker or legit wr, id be totally on board.

As is, i dont see that option though. hes a solid player, 2 years in the system, and more talented than given credit for in my opinion.

Well I fo agree that he is more talented as a WR than anyone really gives him credit for and the fact that he's a solid option for depth at the position. I do believe that Namaan would have been a better bet if were keeping a WR and not considering BS in the WC (which he hasn't shown anything this year and the topic has been beaten to death anyway). Namaan just seemed like a guy who had awesome hands, ran crisp routes and looked like he could have progressed with more time.

I give credit to the multiple positions aspect of a Brad Smith "type" of player. I just don't think he's really Any good at the other positions. As I did say however, he impressed me at the WR position yesterday and I fully support him in that role.

I like Brad Smith. The fact that we finally put him to use was good. I expect more of him as Chan puts it on the field this year

I am of the few that have no problem with a little wildcat now and again. although they flubbed one of the "hand offs" i think KC was not happy that we were using the option. If we get even a little better with execution and pass successfully once or twice it will change the defense alignment and create the mismatches.

Keep Brad for this year

I would like nothing more than to see Brad Smith, from the wildcat, throw a 50+ yd TD. To me, it would justify keeping both the wildcat and Brad Smith.

oh heck yes it would