Chan and the running game

Pirate Angel

It's simple. -we're a much better team when B!tch-patrick doesn't throw. This is the "A-ha" moment Gailey should have had eleven months ago.

Fitz threw some decent ones yesterday, but if we had to rely on his arm, there's no way we win that game.

If Fitz isn't better throwing the ball, I can see more 8 in the box sets to stop the run and force him to air it out. Until he proves he can make those throws, I just can't get excited that their running game looks good through 2 weeks. Opponents are going to adapt and try to take away their running strength.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This can really work with a third back like Choice. Work the sidelines with Chandler/dickerson. -No balls in the air for more than 10/12 yards. -SJ13 may mind the resulting lack of meaningful stats.

I got the feeling SJ wasn't thrilled with the way the offense is performing. I think he knows it's going to be mostly running plays. He will just have to make the best of his opportunities, like he did against the Chiefs.

I am curious if Tarvaris Jackson is getting more work these days. I'm sure he must feel like he might get an opportunity at some point. Hopefully this inspires him. I don't know if he is better than Fitz, but he can throw the long ball. In a run first offense, TJ may work better than Fitz, because if they start crowding the line to stop the run, TJ can get the ball deep, and can certainly throw the short passes as well as Fitz (erratically!)

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I still don't think we have the personnel to be a "pounding" team. I think the way we run is just fine... 15 or so runs for the main RB, with 5 touches or so coming lined up as a WR.

I don't mean this as sarcastic or offensive.....what have u been watching the Bills do the past few years? They have built possibly the best interior line in football and our bookends are playing pretty damn good......look at highlightis and focus in on Cordy.....my friend....this team can run and run they will!!!!

I would love to see him actually throw the ball out of the wildcat otherwise just do direct snaps to CJ or Choice or even a Fitz called draw play.

I believe that time he fumbled on the fake handoff to Spiller he may have been supposed to throw it.

At least it looked that way to me.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If Fitz isn't better throwing the ball, I can see more 8 in the box sets to stop the run and force him to air it out. Until he proves he can make those throws, I just can't get excited that their running game looks good through 2 weeks. Opponents are going to adapt and try to take away their running strength.

So, pack the box. CJ is a small guy that only requires a small hole. With three backs rotating, we're going to move the chains, regardless. We should have the highest expectations for players that show the ability to deliver. Fred has shown that, and (surprisingly) so has CJ Spiller. Honorable mention also goes to Tarshard Choice who is proving to be reliable when called upon. Let's not complicate things by using a QB in a way he'll NEVER fully adapt to. -Let's pound that pigskin, baby! Fitz's arm should be used very sparingly.

Edited by #34fan

The gist was is that he is from the old school and knows the games development from way back when up to today. he probably forgot more than we will ever know about coaching. i have no problem with the man.

I dont think he meant rockin it old skool