Watched NFL Network's "NFL Playbook : AFC" yesterday...

KOKBILLS

I watch this show every week...I was absolutely shocked to see that all 3 of the "experts" (Sterling Sharpe, Brian Baldinger, and Donovan McNabb) picked KC to win outright on Sunday...I mean...All three? I follow Football, and Bills Football, as much as the next guy...Probably more...But I thought The Bills would be the obvious favorite to win this Game regardless of what happened in Week #1...Home Opener, they killed KC on the Road last year, etc...I was just really surprised...Is this Game going to sneak up and bite all of us? I was hoping for a stress free weekend...lol

McNabb was also pretty tough on Fitz for double clutching on that 1st INT...He was saying that is the one thing you cannot do on that route vs the D The Jets were showing us...Basically he said on that play the Jets D will give you that route if it's on time...And every QB knows the ball has to come out on rhythm...They also talked a bit about the great job the Jets O-Line did, especially the RT blocking Mario...

Anyway...Beware the Chiefs? :huh:

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch this show every week...I was absolutely shocked to see that all 3 of the "experts" (Sterling Sharpe, Brian Baldinger, and Donovan McNabb) picked KC to win outright on Sunday...I mean...All three? I follow Football, and Bills Football, as much as the next guy...Probably more...But I thought The Bills would be the obvious favorite to win this Game regardless of what happened in Week #1...Home Opener, they killed KC on the Road last year, etc...I was just really surprised...Is this Game going to sneak up and bite all of us? I was hoping for a stress free weekend...lol

McNabb was also pretty tough on Fitz for double clutching on that 1st INT...He was saying that is the one thing you cannot do on that route vs the D The Jets were showing us...Basically he said on that play the Jets D will give you that route if it's on time...And every QB knows the ball has to come out on rhythm...They also talked a bit about the great job the Jets O-Line did, especially the RT blocking Mario...

McNabb should be tough on Fitz for that one, and he got it right. Posters here are chirping on Fitz not having enough velocity on the ball, that's BS - no QB has the velocity to hestitate, double-clutch, and then get the ball there on that route. It was like giving Revis an "early warning system" to break on the throw.

The Bills laid a huge egg in all 3 phases of the game last Sunday. I didn't see the Chiefs so can't comment on how bad their blowout looked, but they kept it close at halftime (within 3 pts?) and are getting a key player back in the lineup this week, while the Bills lost a key player.

Essentially, the Bills exhausted whatever media benefit of the doubt they earned by off-season moves, and are going to be regarded as clowns now until they prove otherwise.

With the way that Gailey has designed this offense, the Bills, as a team, will go as far as Fitz will take them. And if you are a Bills fan, that's scary!

There needs to be more balance on offense, more emphasis on the run, more creative play calling.

I thought Sterling picked the Bills. Anyway, I guess these guys have learned their lesson. Last week they all picked the Bills over the Jets (except for Baldinger). Once bitten, twice shy.

Nah...Sharpe said he REALLY wanted to pick The Bills, but he could not do it... B-)

With the way that Gailey has designed this offense, the Bills, as a team, will go as far as Fitz will take them. And if you are a Bills fan, that's scary!

There needs to be more balance on offense, more emphasis on the run, more creative play calling.

Yep...exactly... B-)

I would tend to think the reason all 3 took the Chiefs has an easy explanation, they are all going by how the Bills played their last game. It wasn't as close as the score or stats say it was. The Bills were dominated by the Jets in almost ever facet of the game.

The Bills defense never showed up at all, and the offense would have done nothing if not for Spiller. Fitz added some stats and TD's in garbage time in the 4th QTR.

Now the Bills lost their slot, possession WR who made the first downs, and their starting RB.

I would tend to think the reason all 3 took the Chiefs has an easy explanation, they are all going by how the Bills played their last game. It wasn't as close as the score or stats say it was. The Bills were dominated by the Jets in almost ever facet of the game.

The Bills defense never showed up at all, and the offense would have done nothing if not for Spiller. Fitz added some stats and TD's in garbage time in the 4th QTR.

Now the Bills lost their slot, possession WR who made the first downs, and their starting RB.

Exactly. Analysts do watch (at least some of) the games and the Bills have been (nearly?) universally written off after one week because of how they played. Basically, this was a team that played so poorly they went from being a dark horse pick for the playoffs to a chump that the lowly Chiefs might be able to kick around based on their play.

The Bills need to get a ton better everywhere and very quickly.

Exactly. Analysts do watch (at least some of) the games and the Bills have been (nearly?) universally written off after one week because of how they played. Basically, this was a team that played so poorly they went from being a dark horse pick for the playoffs to a chump that the lowly Chiefs might be able to kick around based on their play.

The Bills need to get a ton better everywhere and very quickly.

This team and the chiefs are both middle of the pack playoff contender type rosters. Don't let the one chiefs game most of this board saw last year fool you.

They are a team with a good wr, decent TE, good backs, some good pass rush, a strong young safety, but spotty qb play. Wait, which team was I just talking about?

This team and the chiefs are both middle of the pack playoff contender type rosters. Don't let the one chiefs game most of this board saw last year fool you.

They are a team with a good wr, decent TE, good backs, some good pass rush, a strong young safety, but spotty qb play. Wait, which team was I just talking about?

I haven't heard anyone claiming the Chiefs are any great shakes this past week; nor was I making such a baseless claim. I was commenting on the fact that many analysts are picking the Chiefs over the Bills (the Chiefs are 6.5 point favorites I believe) and how a team -- the Subpar Mario led Bills -- that was hyped as a dark horse only one week ago fell so far, so fast in most of these same people's opinions.

KOKBILLS, don't worry about those guys.They go anyway the wind blows. A week before the season began, they all picked the Bills to be a wildcard team. One week later, they're jumping off the bandwagon after one game!!! Thay aren't Bills fans anyway. Also, the best sauve for the Bills after that away-game opener, is the friendly confines of the Ralph. I think both the Bills & the fans will want to see blood after a loss like that. I think KC will battle hard, but don't worry, the Ralph is a hard place to come away w/ a W with fired-up fans the Bills anxious to redeem themselves.

I'm with Baldy, Sharpe and McNabb but no one believed me.

As I said before Fitz stinks, we have no WRs, new defense young LBs and CBs and Chan system is becoming outdated.

People seem to think that the spread is all the rage but as defenses catch up it is becoming less effective and will go the way of the run and shoot and then we can get back to real football the way 49rs are doing it now.

I'm with Baldy, Sharpe and McNabb but no one believed me.

As I said before Fitz stinks, we have no WRs, new defense young LBs and CBs and Chan system is becoming outdated.

People seem to think that the spread is all the rage but as defenses catch up it is becoming less effective and will go the way of the run and shoot and then we can get back to real football the way 49rs are doing it now.

:flirt:

Dude, I want to respect your opinion. Really, I do. Please help me out here.

Of the 10 top offenses (let's make it easier) by points per game

1) how many of them went to the playoffs?

2) how many of the top 10 offenses are "playing an offense like the '49ers do?"

4) where were the '49ers ranked on offense by points per game last year?

3) how many of the offenses in the playoffs (regardless of rank) are playing an offense like the '49ers do?

Spreading the field horizontally as well as vertically is here to stay, whether it's done with 4 WR or 2 WR and 2 TE.

And it will stay until/unless rule changes less favorable to passing are instituted.

3) how many of the offenses in the playoffs (regardless of rank) are playing an offense like the '49ers do?

Spreading the field horizontally as well as vertically is here to stay, whether it's done with 4 WR or 2 WR and 2 TE.

And it will stay until/unless rule changes less favorable to passing are instituted.

I tend to agree with this...Just look at College Football...That's what's coming...Only bigger, faster, better...I think in 5-7 years most every NFL QB is going to be like RGIII, Newton, and Luck...QB's that can run a spread, make every throw they need to, and can take off and run big time...That's what is coming...At least that's the way it looks to me... B-)

just look at last years playoff teams, smash mouth won and if Lee Evans catches the ball and that duffess from SF doesn't fumble twice, the Ravens and 49rs are in the SB. Also the giants may have had a bad running game last year but that's bc that had bad runners, but Caughlin is a run first guy. So of all the spread teams in the playoffs only one made the superbowl and they lost.