35 Interceptions by 18 QB's, put the Kool-Aid down.

buffalopdc

If this was brought up in another thread, I apologize. Attached is a pretty good article on week 1 in the NFL from NBC Sports. http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/49001693/ns/sports-nfl/

Many good QB's through multiple interceptions in week 1. And Fitz was not the worst of the lot so I hope the doom and gloom will pass after this weekend and a better showing. The Bills/Jets game was so ugly to watch for me as a Bills fan because all his picks resulted in a touchdown for the Jets. The defense could not hold the Jets to a FG or no points when there was an opportunity to do so (unlike the Eagles...Vick threw 4). In fact they could not hold them at all.

Also, Chan (who, in 10 days, went from being one of the best offensive coaches to a horrible coach according to some) hinted that two of the interceptions were the result of miscommunication between Fitz and the Receivers. If the play is a timing route, the QB throws to a spot rather than a player. He is making the assumption that the player will be there and if the player is not there it can get ugly, especially if the defense is familiar with the route, which most are. Our receivers had and have to play more physical to get to the spot.

Overall, I think what disappointed me the most with the game, and I watched it twice to punish myself, is that the Bills lacked physicality in all three phases of the game. Since Nix took over there has been an emphasis on getting bigger, however, that does not appear to have resulted in more physical (with the exception of the offensive line). We have talent, however, I really think we need some "Mean" on the team.

I have not watched every game of week one, but I also think the replacement refs have a lot to do with the high scores and high interception numbers. They just do not through as many flags and seemed to allow the players to play much more physical in week 1. Some of this refs were officiating HS and Junior College football 12 months ago.

Stop it. Fitz sucks, Gailey's stubborn and outmatched, Mario was overpaid, Gilmore's a bust, and Wannstedt forgot how to coach defense. Oh, and Buddy and Chan are only here to collect big paychecks before they retire.

The sooner you accept all of this, the happier you will be.

To me, the most disappointing thing about the loss was not the loss itself, but the fact that the Bills, for the first half especially, looked as though they had overslept, forgot that the "real season" starts today. I put that on Chan.

That being said, every season, the first 2-3 weeks, there are game results, and player performances that are in no way indicative of how the team/player ends up their season. I am not ready to pull the plug on this season over an opening day loss...now, if we see this for another 4 or 5 weeks, then I am reaching for the plug. But, I have been following this team for 40+ years, I am not going to stop now...

Stop it. Fitz sucks, Gailey's stubborn and outmatched, Mario was overpaid, Gilmore's a bust, and Wannstedt forgot how to coach defense. Oh, and Buddy and Chan are only here to collect big paychecks before they retire.

Smiles....Week 1 is so telling. It has made me regret drafting Rogers as my fantasy QB. Thanks for the reality check..maybe the Bills can just forfeit the season now and save me the trouble. I have waited all year for football in general, seen week one, I am done, thank you and goodnight!

Edited by buffalopdc

I generally agree with your "Step away from the cliff" outlook....but you seem to think the Cromartie Interception and TD was a result of the receiver not being where he should have been (D. Nelson I believe). The fact is, that pass by Fitz to his left was such a duck, Cromartie was able to step in front of that ball quite easily. Nelson was on the outside, Cromartie stepped in to cover the outside from his slot coverage....it is not the receiver's fault or miscommunication. Even if the receiver did what he was supposed to, Cromartie still would have picked it. Bad decision on Fitz' part.

Ok I will say it.. IT WAS ONE WEEK! I am in some peoples eyes here the enemy, but as such I will point to an EVEN BIGGER distruction that YOUR Bills gave to the Pats in the opening week of 2003? The Bills destroyed the Pats 41-0, Was the Pats season over that year? HELL NO. So stop the gloom and doom the Bills were flat and got beat down it only counts as 1 Loss.

You are absolutely correct in your analysis of Game 1.

To me, the most disappointing thing about the loss was not the loss itself, but the fact that the Bills, for the first half especially, looked as though they had overslept, forgot that the "real season" starts today. I put that on Chan.

That being said, every season, the first 2-3 weeks, there are game results, and player performances that are in no way indicative of how the team/player ends up their season. I am not ready to pull the plug on this season over an opening day loss...now, if we see this for another 4 or 5 weeks, then I am reaching for the plug. But, I have been following this team for 40+ years, I am not going to stop now...

I have been following them since day one as well. I will always root for them to win. The fact is though, that Sunday's game looked a lot like last year and the year before. They were overmatched, outcoached and didn't look like they cared. I am rooting for them on Sunday, just like every week, but I no longer expect them to win. Until they can show some heart and some consistent play, I am hoping for them to win, not expecting a win.

Aaron Rodgers made an INT that was just as ugly as Fitzy's Cromartie pick. Just sayin.

Once Fitz has similar stats as Aaron Rogers we'll stop over-analyzing these things. It just seems that Fitz makes some bad decisions in the last 7 regular season games whereas "Discount Double Check" has not.

Once Fitz has similar stats as Aaron Rogers we'll stop over-analyzing these things. It just seems that Fitz makes some bad decisions in the last 7 regular season games whereas "Discount Double Check" has not.

The Bills actually have a running game unlike Green Bay. I really do not want Fitz to have stats like Rogers.

I think the defense disappointed me a lot more than the offense. I knew the offense would have problems, but the defense was supposed to help keep us in games. I don't think the Jets punted until the third quarter!

This is exactly how I feel. Fitz is what he is, he will throw his share of INT's, what has me worried is how the Sanchez led Jets, moved the ball right through the defense like they were a pop warner team. Sure Fitz threw 3 INT's, but the defense didn't even come close to stopping them on the two that they could have. The so-called new and improved defense is what has me worried the most.

I agree that all is not over, but I also feel that Fitz was throwing behind his receivers on those short outside routes all day. Everyone knows that the short outs to the sideline are one of the hardest passes to complete and have to be on target and on a rope to avoid being picked by someone undercutting the route. Fitz throws were neither and were going to result in an ugly pass breakup or a pick. His passes on those seam routes were floating high and receivers going up for them were just asking to get injured. Fitz may be a good part of the reason why we have so many injured receivers each year.

I don't buy the miscommunication excuse anymore on the routes, they were just bad throws for the most part, but I will throw Chan a bone for any failed check down audibles called during a loud home opener for the Jets.

These are players that have been in the system 3 years now with a full offseason to practice; They should not be in the wrong place on throws.

I like Fitz's moxie, and his smarts, but you cannot tough your way or wonderlic your way into accurate throws. You either have it or you don't.

Fitz needs to improve or the organization needs to do whatever they can to get better talent at the QB position next year. And yes, we need a better defensive secondary coaching staff - there are a lot of highly touted draft picks back there and when those don't perform year after year it is coaching plain and simple.

Edited by ColdBlueNorth

Aaron Rodgers made an INT that was just as ugly as Fitzy's Cromartie pick. Just sayin.

Next week, Rodgers will go back to being what he is--an elite QB. Fitz will go back to....what?

Other than both having an ugly interception last week, can you name any other similarites between these two QBs that would allow us to take encouragement from this post?

The Bills actually have a running game unlike Green Bay. I really do not want Fitz to have stats like Rogers.

Absolutely the craziest statement ever posted here. Ralph's brainwashing of the fans has taken many years but is nearly complete.

I have the same feeling about the way they played. They didn't seem to realize it was the real season and they looked lost, and that is on coaching. The only thing I keep telling myself is that they never looked this lost in the last two years, so maybe this was just a fluke. But they definently have me worried.

And we can joke that Chan has a losing record as a HC, but before he came to buffalo, he had a winning record as an nfl HC... And I think so did stache(that is probably wrong)....so I don't consider these scrub coaches, but it is obvious that the jests loss is like 70 percent on them.

I also think that the jests are a super talented team and have been for awhile.their weakness right now is that locker room... And it will take time for that to explode. I bet towards the end of the season they will fall apart.

Even though I haven't pulled the plug on this team yet, I need to see a lot better performance to stop worrying