What is the average age of the posters on TBD?

Dragonborn10

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 and became a bills fan in 2004. I really don't know why I became a Bills fan. I was not able to watch most games because I don't live near Buffalo. The only reason I can think of is that my grandparents were the ones who influenced me. they live in Buffalo and whenever I went their they would have a lot of bills memorabilia around the house. They also went to all the games and told me a lot of stories of them meeting coaches and players.

Good thread. I have read first 3 pages. Really good stuff.

Aged 33 yrs. I pretty much watched a Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith killing of the Jets on a monday night game and I got hooked. For those that dont know, the bills went to the superbowl that year and lost on a famous "wide right". I cried like a little biach btw. I was a little kid. My wife hates the bills since they lose and make me sad. My kids (little girlies) will be bills fans. I'm sure of that. But right now they make fun of me and the bills. Oh well.

Lived in los angeles at the time. No tie to new york or buffalo of any kind. Still live in Los angeles County.

Sometimes I wish I had stayed loyal to the broncos. But as a little kid you dont like "YOUR" team getting spanked by the 49ers in a superbowl.

26 years old, transplanted from WNY to Chicago, and I inherited my fandom from my dad, uncles, and grandfather during the Superbowl era. I was young and mostly remember the last two of the four Superbowls. Back then I took the losses fine, because I didn't know much better, but I can't imagine having to endure those losses as a die-hard 26 year-old.

35, grew up in Wayne county (Newark) when I was young I loved the helmets. There was a Bells (grocery store) in my town with one of those quarter machines with the plastic helmets in it. I spent every quarter trying to get that bills helmet, after I did I proceeded to ram all of the other helmets off the table with that helmet. I had no idea who the bills were, I just loved that charging Buffalo. When I saw the bills on tv I connected the two and quickly became a fan.

Now I live in Orlando, fl, far from western New York and the finest of people in the world. People ask why do you cheer for this team, I honestly couldn't imagine not. I almost fear the day they win the super bowl, I think I'll die that very moment, but I'll die happy.

35, grew up in Wayne county (Newark) when I was young I loved the helmets. There was a Bells (grocery store) in my town with one of those quarter machines with the plastic helmets in it. I spent every quarter trying to get that bills helmet, after I did I proceeded to ram all of the other helmets off the table with that helmet. I had no idea who the bills were, I just loved that charging Buffalo. When I saw the bills on tv I connected the two and quickly became a fan.

Now I live in Orlando, fl, far from western New York and the finest of people in the world. People ask why do you cheer for this team, I honestly couldn't imagine not. I almost fear the day they win the super bowl, I think I'll die that very moment, but I'll die happy.

Great story. I too had the plastic helmets. At that time I think they only had 28 teams. My memory is messed up. Who cares.

64...will turn 65 between the Houston and New England games. Hopefully we'll have a few W's by then!

Used to watch practices at the Camelot Motor Lodge and later Niagara U. Graduated from NU in '69 and moved to N VA. in '70. I left BUF before Rich Stadium was open for business. Never been back to live in WNY. Beside the Peoples Republic of N VA, I've lived in Chicago, Houston and Seattle but could never get interested in any other teams.

Used to go to pre-season games at the Rockpile for $6 in the mid 60's. Bad seats, usually lost to the same Redskins, Lions as we do now. Took a Cottrell bus from one of the bars in S Buffalo-good times! Always travel with BILLS/SABRES stuff and have met other fans in: England, France, Italy, Germany, and of course in the USA too.

Live down in the low-rent portion of VA. now (Richmond area). Can't sell the house, so I guess I'm stuck sweating with the oldies here!

GO BILLS!

I'm 29 years old, I bleed red white and buffalo blue!!! I remember watching the Bills since I was a little kid like 7 years old. Darryl Talley was my favorite player growing up, he used to wear those spiderman sleeves haha. Carwell Gardner was another favorite too!

Fun thread. I'll play:

I'm 35, and live about 40 minutes away from Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. I grew up in New England, but they were an awful team in the 80's when I discovered football and were never on TV. My father, a life-long die-hard Patriots fan, had similar reservations to many of you here today about raising me as a fan of an entrenched loser with terrible ownership and a legacy of failure, so he let me go my own way (Except in 85'. That year I was forced to wear a John Hannah jersey every Sunday for the last 6 games of the season. To this day noone is allowed to speak ill of Steve Grogan in his presence.), and by the time 1988 rolled around I was an entrenched Bills fan.

Fast forward to today.

<cue "Cats in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin>

I have become my father. My heart and soul are held prisoner by a franchise marred by a legacy of failure and ineptitude. Our stadium looks like it a discarded pile of concrete from 1970's era East Germany. Our owner is out of touch with his fan base, and sees his franchise not as the lifeblood and legacy of his community, but as a slow and steady stream of income. Our roster, long past it's glory days, seems like an endless parade of "has been's", "never will be's", and "who the !@#$ is he's". My Sunday ritual osilates between displays of incredulous anger and apathetic malaise. My recliner is my Titanic, and Ralph Wilson is the captian.

My children, however, will not be like me. I am breaking the cycle. They are being raised as Bills fans, and when our version of Robert Kraft steps through that door, and turns the tide, my children and I will celebrate our victories together. Had my Dad stuck to his guns and raised me a Pats fan, today I'd be an incredible douchebag, but my father would know what it was like to celebrate a Super Bowl victory with his son.

I'll second that. Great Post!!!

i hate to be an accuracy police guy, , but both of those games: foreman being hit with a snowball, and the miami streak ending were at rich stadium. i sincerely mean no disrespect, but thought i should point it out..

Dwight- If you re-read what I wrote, you may have misunderstood...I didn't intend it to read that the Bills beat Miami in the Rockpile. I know we beat Miami in Rich Stadium, as I was there and it remains one of my best memories of attending a game with my Dad.