For those who are old timers

patfitz

What is rather bizarre about the Bills not drafting QBs high is that Jim Kelly was not the Bills first pick that year. He was a 1st round pick alright, but another 1st rounder preceded him.

You old timers will know who that top pick was.

The forgettable Tony Hunter, TE from Notre Dame. I'm not exactly an old timer but that was around the time that my rabid fandom began.

Jackie rarely completed 50% of his pass attempts and was an Int.- tossing machine. I'm not sure -without checking- he was even 50% for his whole career.. Granted, it was a different era, but by this important stat, Fitzpatrick is significantly better. Both played on numerous teams and Kemp washed out in the then NFL. At his very best, Kemp still threw an insane amount of picks and was splitting reps w/ Darryl - nearly losing the starting gig.

Who's a better QB? Ryan Fitz'gerald'.

One thing I remember about Kemp was that he seemed to be unorthodox...on third and 1, even though he had Cookie Gilchrist, he would throw long an inordinate mount of times. Loved that about him. He bounced around alot in the NFL but he was good here. I remember when he went for congress he had had a few bad seasons and the bumper stickers read, "vote Kemp for congress or he'll go back into football". So my long answer is Kemp because he won 2 championships and almost took us to the first superbowl.

Jackie rarely completed 50% of his pass attempts and was an Int.- tossing machine. I'm not sure -without checking- he was even 50% for his whole career.. Granted, it was a different era, but by this important stat, Fitzpatrick is significantly better. Both played on numerous teams and Kemp washed out in the then NFL. At his very best, Kemp still threw an insane amount of picks and was splitting reps w/ Darryl - nearly losing the starting gig.

Who's a better QB? Ryan Fitz'gerald'.

Just a guess but I think we might find completion percentages down across the board from that era. Wide hashes and bump and run all over the field made for some tight fields out there.

GO BILLS!!!