Was Mario being a crybaby, you be the judge

Nothing wrong with a high profile player calling out the refs. I agree with Rob on this one.

and as I said previously too, theres nothing wrong with calling out the refs either, but not when that was your only plan to fight back against it happening.

Had his prepared speech after the game said something like "I was taking hands to the face all day from that guy, and I went to the ref to get them to watch for it and they ignored me, so I put that linemen on his @$$ the rest of the game", no one would have been saying the guy is "soft" or whining. There wouldn't be any complaints about him whining. Instead he decided to take the route that makes him look soft by using it as an excuse for him not having an impact on the field and making it into the refs fault for not calling it

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great response :rolleyes:

Your right, in a physical game like football, its much better to go cry to the refs about it, and when that doesn't work, cry to the media about it all the while during the game just curl up and take it.

Thats what makes you look tough and feared by opposing teams!

We are talking about proffessional Linemen in the NFL here. these guys are supposed to be the mean, nasty guys, Marios reaction when the Ref ignored him should have been, fine, I will take matters into my own hands and throw this guy back onto the ground

I'm guessing your one of those people that also believes the way to stop a bully in life is to run to the first adult nearby and tell on the bully, "cause violence solves nothing".

I can tell you first hand that 9 out of 10 times, that just leads to more torment the next time the bully sees you

Standing up for yourself works much better............

:thumbsup: Thats why the Jets will keep bullying us until otherwise

Damien Woody is absolutely correct. Williams' effort was lacking. I can see why there have been reports out of Houston for years saying things about his football temperment; he seems too laid back out there and doesn't seem to play with an edge. I know it's only one game and all but if first impressions mean anything, I was reminded of Haynesworth more than Reggie White.

GO BILLS!!!

Someone said you can do things on a football field that are severly illegal. Time to put the big boys pants on. I can sit here all day behind the safety of my computer at work and say this stuff. Not because I am a woosy but because I am a Bill's fan and expect a little more. Actually alot more.

Someone said you can do things on a football field that are severly illegal. Time to put the big boys pants on. I can sit here all day behind the safety of my computer at work and say this stuff. Not because I am a woosy but because I am a Bill's fan and expect a little more. Actually alot more.

Eric Wood said it and I bet he has take a hand or 2 to the face and not complained about it .

Mario Williams just needs to the Deacon Jones school of nastiness, then he will be ok. :wallbash:

Yes, I think he was beng a crybaby. Not saying he was not accurate, but crybaby non the less.

Also worrisome was this from Murphs View from teh Booth Column

Safeties Laron Landry and Yeremiah Bell were both big contributors to Buffalo’s offensive struggles Sunday. Landry led them with 7 tackles, he had two quarterback hits, and he forced the C.J. Spiller fumble. Even though some Bills players were not happy with his overly aggressive play, there’s no denying the impact a hard-hitting safety can have on opponents.

So is the psyche of the team????

This concerns me .

They are just scared of the Jets,plain and simple. If someone takes out my # 1 back cheaply,I`m going to return the favor. The team is soft,and need to grow a set.Maybe they should play that Mr. Softy tune that i heard as a kid. When they come out on the field Sunday.

So what I've learned from this thread is that 1. retaliation is encouraged among bills fans and 2. that the only people actually affected by the refs non-calls are not allowed to say anything about said calls. I can't see how this could possibly taken as a bad thing if it draws attention to the problems these refs are causing.

The players should take everything the ref gives them. In sports you want to know each referee and how he calls a game. Or at least feel him out.

well Mario said he went to the ref numerous times. Which answered his question " are you going to call this? ". So thats when a football player says okay it's on. That is the way i wish football were played. Not out to severely injure but to push a players mental toughness too.

Any one ever been to boot camp? suck it up and show what you got.

I do not expect to ever see this weak play from him again for us. He will get his feet wet learning how to play for an underdog team that " Get NO Respect"

or perish in the trial. Kyle will get him sorted out. Williams now has a real something to prove. That he is not a pansy.

for those that did not rewind the game, The very first play Mario goes after his neck while Howard does not have his hands any where near Williams face.

I just started the painful rewatch after a shot of Jack.

I will drink no more and report no more but i must say i am not happy. First play and Mario wiliiams goes for the throat?

Some one reasonable take another look please

When I read about Mario's rant, it reminded me of a thread here a little while back joking about the '86 Bills replacement players who had to block LT during the strike. Howard probably got some pointers from that one.

You mean "holding number 73 offense" Will Grant?