Was Mario being a crybaby, you be the judge

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of thE old days when you want payback you slap that side of the helmet and pop their ear! Hit the adams apple, or something in the eye. If your not going to get anything called, go to the sideline and state my hand is broken, put the club on and beat the day.other out of your second string opposition.

Tell mario to call Conrad Dobler, "hey conrad, I know you were offense but if you were going to be a cheap ass on defense what would you do"?

Stop the whining.

I dont know, but if someone was doing that to me i probably wouldnt of been pretty pissed and did something super illegal. I would not be able to take that every single play. Maybe Mario has respect for the game or just isn't that kind of person and didnt want to cost the team any major flags.

So what I've learned from this thread is that 1. retaliation is encouraged among bills fans and 2. that the only people actually affected by the refs non-calls are not allowed to say anything about said calls. I can't see how this could possibly taken as a bad thing if it draws attention to the problems these refs are causing.

Theres nothing wrong with him complaining to the refs or making it known that the refs were a problem not calling the penalty

The problem is when that is all you do is whine and complain about it, then turtle and just take it. Football is a physical and tough sport and linemen are supposed to be tough. If the player keeps doing illegal things to you and the refs refuse to call it, and it keeps you from being able to do your job effectively, you need to be just as rough with him to show them your not going to take it anymore. If the refs are going to allow the guy to get his hands into your face, you need to do the same to him. Unless of course they changed the rules and they are going to play flag football out there instead

Yea he was being a crybaby. I am not counting out Mario, it was one game, but to run right to the media when both he and his team got their butts kicked, is for lack of other words "Whiny." Should have had the team report it to the league, not run right to the press. Besides, he makes 1.8 million a game, and playing against a guy who has had very limited success in the NFL, he knew the negative press was coming, maybe he was making excuses ahead of time.

what this huge pus.sy does not understand is that we have long passed the point where we feeling like hearing anyone's excuses after yet another bad loss.

i don't care what the guy did mario. he is a chump udfa with 1 nfl start and he took your 100million dollar as.s to the cleaners.

and more to the point, i don't want hear 1 more excuse/alibi/explanation/clarification from any of these guys about anything until we don't suck anymore. that includes nix, gailey, fitzgarbage, johnson or any of the rest of them. all we ever get in buffalo is excuses and alibis and more suck every year. i don't want to hear from any of them until they become a winning team.

and while i am thinking about it...wtf is it with our 3rd round wr at a position of need not even being active? while the jets 2nd rounder is dancing in our endzone all day.

on that basis alone i am ready to blow it up.

crybaby ?????.....because, like many others, he pointed out the replacement refs missed some calls ?...not in my book...maybe a little frustrated, because he got dominated, plain and simple......from a backup no less....

i say he responds on the field, he is to good of a player.

I have no problem with him taking it to the media. Why NOT? There is no other way that the NFL is going to take notice unless someone makes an issue of it.

For those who haven't played football, there is a REASON why hands to the face is illegal. It's damn near impossible to move like that. That's why DB's are not allowed to do it against WR's and why Linemen have the same rule. When your neck is snapped back, all leverage is lost.

He's got a hundred million reasons to keep his mouth shut. We didn't pay him just to stop the run. And that's all he did Sunday. Don't give me excuses; give me results. So to answer your question ... yes. Huge crybaby.

What do you do for a living?

This guy hasn't played in nearly a year. He dogged it thorugh the preseason. He simply wasn't ready for the speed of the game.

He got his dick handed to him by a scrub. No excuse for that.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Alright, im going to give up on this thread. Its clear that those who are saying "he should have fought through it" and blah blah blah haven't played a down of football in their lives.

What do you do for a living?

picard-facepalm.jpg

Alright, im going to give up on this thread. Its clear that those who are saying "he should have fought through it" and blah blah blah haven't played a down of football in their lives.

Fans are just asking the guy to do what he is overpayed to do and not complain about "face to the hands" when everyone on this board has REAL problems to deam with everyday.

Bye. Bye.

Fans are just asking the guy to do what he is overpayed to do and not complain about "face to the hands" when everyone on this board has REAL problems to deam with everyday.

Bye. Bye.

It's context. He's complaining about it in a LOCKER ROOM, after a FOOTBALL GAME, to FOOTBALL REPORTERS around FOOTBALL PLAYERS. He was asked to explain why his production wasnt there. So he explained. He wasn't talking about it in the context of your mortgage or car payment or child support.

Bringing up the motive of real life problems is just ignorant and hurts your case. It has no place in this argument. Anyone who has stepped on a Football field knows that there is no "fighting through" hands to the face. Thats why it's illegal. It stops you in your tracks. The only way to combat it is to stoop to their level. But there is no fighting through it.

Edited by LiterateStylish

What most see as "bitching" I see as a smart move by Mario to get as much media attention as possible to something he wants to see called a penalty.

Sometimes you have to put the testosterone back in the bottle and think, "how does this hurt us?".

Would I have rather seen a crack back on Mr. Practice Squad - yeah, but I would be really surprized if the hands get up there on Mario this week without getting a call. He plays that outside technique so a ref would have to be blind and incompetent to not see an o-lineman with his hands so far under Mario's facemask he could pick his nose for him. Also the NFL is hyper-sensitive to negative attention attributed to their lame use of longerie league refs and they will be told to watch for those penalties. You know that the announcers and everyone is going to be looking for it. Mario actually may be the catalyst to get us a few weak calls against just that this week.

Do you think that the scrub refs wont be looking for it this week in the Jet's next game?

It's context. He's complaining about it in a LOCKER ROOM, after a FOOTBALL GAME, to FOOTBALL REPORTERS around FOOTBALL PLAYERS. He was asked to explain why his production wasnt there. So he explained. He wasn't talking about it in the context of your mortgage or car payment or child support.

Bringing up the motive of real life problems is just ignorant and hurts your case. It has no place in this argument. Anyone who has stepped on a Football field knows that there is no "fighting through" hands to the face. Thats why it's illegal. It stops you in your tracks. The only way to combat it is to stoop to their level. But there is no fighting through it.

Pardon my ignorance, but the point you missed is that a regular football fan doesn't want to hear a 100 million dollar man blame his lack of production on day one, on an aggressive inferior player and the refs.

Anyway, he could simply have copped to the obvious--that he had a tough day. No one believes that Mario Williams has never faced a hand in his face throughout his career. You blew off my explanation that he hasn't faced an opponent in a real game in a year, yet you want me to believe that the guy who he faced Sunday neutralized him all day by putting his hand in Mario's face for a few plays?

Ridiculous.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Theres nothing wrong with him complaining to the refs or making it known that the refs were a problem not calling the penalty

The problem is when that is all you do is whine and complain about it, then turtle and just take it. Football is a physical and tough sport and linemen are supposed to be tough. If the player keeps doing illegal things to you and the refs refuse to call it, and it keeps you from being able to do your job effectively, you need to be just as rough with him to show them your not going to take it anymore. If the refs are going to allow the guy to get his hands into your face, you need to do the same to him. Unless of course they changed the rules and they are going to play flag football out there instead

+1 Mario should have got more physical with the other guy. if the refs are not going to call hands to the face, then smack the guy in the head and knock him down.