Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel that we would be better off if we would have kept VY over Thiggy.

Our QB search continues.

Barkley...

My own personal opinion?

When they signed Vince Young they didnt think they had a shot at Traveris Jackson.....

Then TJ came available to them and they dropped VY for TJ in a heartbeat

Myself personally, and with all due respect,

I doubt seriously TJ was ever even part of the equation until Nix realized he better make some kind of move after sending VY packing...or it could cost him his job...

...I mean its not like TJ has an eye catching resume...

...just my opinion John...

Note: John has proven me wrong once already this year concerning the Bills QB position

Edited by Fig Newton

right, that would be a brilliant bet on my part eh ( which It actually would)

Unfortunately its impossible now, but had Young made the team I would have done one better ,

I would have bet you that VY would be starting for the Buffalo Bills before the season was over..

If it would actually be a brilliant bet, why don't you make it? It's not impossible.

This dynamic QB is available, out on the market, there for the taking! All because the Bills coaches are idiots that can't figure out how to use his talents. Surely one of the better run franchise's will give Young a chance. The Pats backup is nothing special, the Giants have David Carr (what's he ever done?). The Browns need a starter....so many teams have the chance to pick up Young, and YOU believe in him (at least enough to criticize his release). Take the bet!

Let's face it, Fritz has been awful since he either bruised a rib or filled his wallet...you pick. Vince had a horrible pre-season game and he was history. Fritz throws three interceptions in the first game of the regular season and he is still hanging in there. How much more time is he going to get? One more bad performance and Chan knows he will be looking for a job himself.

The alternatives now are Thigpin and Jackson. Jackson who went from starter to 3rd at Seattle. I think Vince deserves another go. Right now we have nothing to loose except the season....

Love to hear your takes on this...flame away.-__

I was sure as surprised they gave up on him that quick. I thought VY would have been a great QB and his Record in ACTUAL NFL Games Speaks for itself. He was a winner on the field. Would have loved to see him be our #2 guy here...

If it would actually be a brilliant bet, why don't you make it? It's not impossible.

This dynamic QB is available, out on the market, there for the taking! All because the Bills coaches are idiots that can't figure out how to use his talents. Surely one of the better run franchise's will give Young a chance. The Pats backup is nothing special, the Giants have David Carr (what's he ever done?). The Browns need a starter....so many teams have the chance to pick up Young, and YOU believe in him (at least enough to criticize his release). Take the bet!

plus, you have the wager worded backwards

Thought this ws the most interesting part of the story:

Young also contends that Pro Player's efforts to serve him and the Bills with legal papers during training camp, which included a threat to contact the local sheriff, ''played a role'' in the Bills' decision to release him.

''I wasn't in the room when they (the Bills) made a decision, but what would you think? It certainly wouldn't help me if I'm the owner or the head coach knowing all this is going on with Vince and then he goes out and plays poorly,'' Dolezal said.

Thought this ws the most interesting part of the story:

Young also contends that Pro Player's efforts to serve him and the Bills with legal papers during training camp, which included a threat to contact the local sheriff, ''played a role'' in the Bills' decision to release him.

''I wasn't in the room when they (the Bills) made a decision, but what would you think? It certainly wouldn't help me if I'm the owner or the head coach knowing all this is going on with Vince and then he goes out and plays poorly,'' Dolezal said.

If that actually happened I believe it probably did influence the team toward letting him go. It also seems to be a pretty dumb move from someone that's trying to get repaid(Pro Player), should of tried a little harder to keep it out of the media. Heck if he owed me money like that I would have sent a letter of recommendation. :D

I think what the OP was implying is that VY is a better option as a back up then Thigpen. I mean lets face it neither one of them is great, but one of these not so great QB's can actually hit a WR in full stride 60+ yds downfield. Also, one of these not so great QB's can run for a 1st down, even knocking defenders out of his way sometimes. Neither one of those guys is Thigpen. I could be wrong but I believe if we cut Thigpen tomorrow no one would be rushing to sign him either.

Edited by angryfan62

I think what the OP was implying is that VY is a better option as a back up then Thigpen. I mean lets face it neither one of them is great, but one of these not so great QB's can actually hit a WR in full stride 60+ yds downfield. Also, one of these not so great QB's can run for a 1st down, even knocking defenders out of his way sometimes. Neither one of those guys is Thigpen. I could be wrong but I believe if we cut Thigpen tomorrow no one would be rushing to sign him either.

Yes, but the wager wasn't directed to the OP, it was to another that insinuated that VY has something to offer, and that the Bills made a mistake in letting him go. I disagreed, and pointed out that the rest of the NFL agrees too.