Did Chan pull the plug too early On Vince Young?

PS 56

Yup. The giants had a few garbage time TDs til they were back in the game and won it

Yup again. The only time I would consider garbage time TD is a team is losing 45-7 with .20 seconds left in the 4th and the QB throws a 15 yard TD to make the final score 45-14. That is a garbage time TD, what Fitz did wasn't garbage time.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Do they separate out Garbage time TD's in a blowout?

They should. it would make the FACTS more relevant.

Yes let's put peoples opinions on garbage time in to separate hard facts from hard facts...

Note I am not saying Fitz is amazing but we are 1-1 tied with the rest of our division for 1st and Bradys numbers are like 23rd in the league based on that he sucks and may lose his job ... Facts are facts but we can skew them the way we want

If that actually happened I believe it probably did influence the team toward letting him go. It also seems to be a pretty dumb move from someone that's trying to get repaid(Pro Player), should of tried a little harder to keep it out of the media. Heck if he owed me money like that I would have sent a letter of recommendation. :D

I have wondered what universe some debt collector tactics come from. I'm with you. Someone owes me money, take no action that might interfere with his being employed and every action to support his becoming employed.

As much as I like Aaron Williams, if only we had picked Andy Dalton instead..... we would have kept D. Florence and still had a good secondary.

Personally, I think Dalton's upside is a slightly better Fitz. He plays with a top 5 receiver that would make a lot of Qbs look good. Also, Florence is on the very downside of his career. He got cut by 2 teams and was hardly a factor for the Lions. He even had a penalty on a field goal attempt that led to a 49ers touchdown.

Williams is in his 2nd year and Gilmore is in his 1st. They are going to make mistakes and aren't finished products. They need time and patience (Which most fans don't have).

And I might feel bad for a guy like Young if I didn't hear there are a bunch of illegimate children. Bad decision making (which is why he isn't in the league). And sadly, the kids are going to suffer the most. At the same time, if you grow up with everyone kissing your butt, you'd probably feel invincible too.

Personally, I think Dalton's upside is a slightly better Fitz. He plays with a top 5 receiver that would make a lot of Qbs look good. Also, Florence is on the very downside of his career. He got cut by 2 teams and was hardly a factor for the Lions. He even had a penalty on a field goal attempt that led to a 49ers touchdown.

Williams is in his 2nd year and Gilmore is in his 1st. They are going to make mistakes and aren't finished products. They need time and patience (Which most fans don't have).

And I might feel bad for a guy like Young if I didn't hear there are a bunch of illegimate children. Bad decision making (which is why he isn't in the league). And sadly, the kids are going to suffer the most. At the same time, if you grow up with everyone kissing your butt, you'd probably feel invincible too.

Not sure about the rumors and I suppose you could make that accusation about anyone. What I do know is Vince Young has become a father figure /mentor for the late Steve McNair's children.

The way I see it, under different circumstances had Young been brought in with the hopes of finding a starter there is no way any coach with brains pulls the plug after one bad performance against the best Defense in the League. Especially when you have a whole training camp and 2 previous games in the preseason in which Young performed well. Ryan Fitzpatrick's QB rating against the same Steeler football team was 55. Its what the Steelers do, they make Offenses look bad, just ask Sanchez.

Chan Gailey sent Young packing to avoid a QB controversy because Gailey loves him some Fitzy.

It is what it is...

Edited by Fig Newton

Not sure about the rumors and I suppose you could make that accusation about anyone. What I do know is Vince Young has become a father figure /mentor for the late Steve McNair's children.

The way I see it, under different circumstances had Young been brought in with the hopes of finding a starter there is no way any coach with brains pulls the plug after one bad performance against the best Defense in the League. Especially when you have a whole training camp and 2 previous games in the preseason in which Young performed well. Ryan Fitzpatrick's QB rating against the same Steeler football team was 55. Its what the Steelers do, they make Offenses look bad, just ask Sanchez.

Chan Gailey sent Young packing to avoid a QB controversy because Gailey loves him some Fitzy.

It is what it is...

If Young is doing that for McNair's kids, props to him. But it does sound like he isn't doing enough for his own kids.

And how anyone could have watched Young this preseason and seen him last year and think he is a legit NFL QB anymore is beyond me. He looks lost and apparently, doesn't put the time in to improve. And again, why has no team even mentioned bringing him in for a look if he is so talented?

If Young is doing that for McNair's kids, props to him. But it does sound like he isn't doing enough for his own kids.

And how anyone could have watched Young this preseason and seen him last year and think he is a legit NFL QB anymore is beyond me. He looks lost and apparently, doesn't put the time in to improve. And again, why has no team even mentioned bringing him in for a look if he is so talented?

Even when you want to use Youngs season with the Eagles as an example, he beat not just a winning football team, a team that went on to become Superbowl Champion. Do you think winning 1 game out of 10 like our starter did finishing out the season was better? At least Young had an excuse, new to the Offense, no training camp or preseason to gel with his teammates. whats Fitzpatricks excuse?

The Bills handling of Vince Young showed the same total lack of consideration for what it means to the player as the handling of Trent Edwards.

Just tossed away like a piece of trash...

Even when you want to use Youngs season with the Eagles as an example, he beat not just a winning football team, a team that went on to become Superbowl Champion. Do you think winning 1 game out of 10 like our starter did finishing out the season was better? At least Young had an excuse, new to the Offense, no training camp or preseason to gel with his teammates. whats Fitzpatricks excuse?

The Bills handling of Vince Young showed the same total lack of consideration for what it means to the player as the handling of Trent Edwards.

Just tossed away like a piece of trash...

Trent was given more than enough of a chance by the new regime. Not sure where your revisionist thinking is coming from.

VY will likely not be given another chance in the NFL ...

It is what it is...

According to someone affiliated with Young (his agent, didn't catch his name) and the AP article posted on the front yesterday, Young was served with papers at Bills training camp, a day or two before he was cut. The guy seemed to think that this was a factor in the Bills cutting Young...he said "rightfullly, they have an young up and coming team, and don't want any off the field disatractions." Of course, the guy was empathetic to the Bills perspective, but he may also be angling to make sure his client gets another job.

To be objective here the answer is yes.

Chan Gailey said several times Buffalo runs a complicated offense yet failed to give Young more then a few preseason games.

And the alternative to Young is Thigpen, not good.

Edited by HOUSE