Per Gailey: Graham will move up to Nelson's spot

Chan was on WGR this morning and he had a few things to say:

1. Fitz did not play well and he took responsibility for some of that.

2. Confirmed that one of the interceptions was of the wrong route variety, one was a late throw, don't remember the third.

3. TJ will move up into Nelson's slot positiono

4. The reason TJ was inactive is because he simply wasn't ready to play. He's going to have to get ready fast.

5. He said after reviewing the film, the pass rush wasn't awful but they got the ball out really fast. He did say that our CB coverage was too soft.

Really, there's nobody to blame for Fitzpatrick's play other than Fitzpatrick. I get that Gailey is backing up his QB, but his poor play was his and his alone.

They told us after the draft that Graham is not a slot receiver. Are you sure that they won't move someone else inside?

Nice that he was able to make those statements about the defense after watching the 'film'. Too bad someone didn't do something about it during the game.

Chan tried to soften it a bit but he was really unhappy with Fitz's play yesterday. Fitz better be careful not to string a couple games together like that. Maybe he's thinking too much about mechanics because of this new QB coach...instead of just playing his game.

Stephen Hill looked awful in preseason yet the Jets trusted him to play. Not sure why Chan would think TJ was not ready? We have ZERO explosiveness at WR. Need TJ in there asap so I'm glad he will be.

Maybe this slapping was good in game #1. Maybe the Bills players will now take every single practice and rep seriously. You get the feeling in preseason (even though some of the starters were rolled by Minn, Pitt and Det) that they thought the switch could be flipped once the regular season began. Stevie even said so after the Pittsburgh game. I knew that was a stupid thing to say when he said it.

Really, there's nobody to blame for Fitzpatrick's play other than Fitzpatrick. I get that Gailey is backing up his QB, but his poor play was his and his alone.

They told us after the draft that Graham is not a slot receiver. Are you sure that they won't move someone else inside?

Nice that he was able to make those statements about the defense after watching the 'film'. Too bad someone didn't do something about it during the game.

Donald Jones will move inside I think. he is a great blocker actually and more shifty than graham IMO

2. Confirmed that one of the interceptions was of the wrong route variety, one was a late throw, don't remember the third.

4. The reason TJ was inactive is because he simply wasn't ready to play. He's going to have to get ready fast.

5. He said after reviewing the film, the pass rush wasn't awful but they got the ball out really fast. He did say that our CB coverage was too soft.

Gailey wasn't specific on that one interception. He said "he" took the wrong route. Thought he was going out but went in (thats what Cromatie did). But the WR went underneath and Fits threw it in that spot exactly where he was (Fits just has to recognize this and not throw the ball there). I'm pretty sure he was referring to the CB. It was a misread on Fitz. The other two he referred to as late and the other behind the WR.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Chan claimed the third, I'm guessing the int by Wilson, was an inaccurate throw. Wrong route would be by Nelson on the int by Cromartie and the late throw was the first int by Revis. Edited by Carey Bender

I'm one to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but this pisses me off. What makes TJ ready for week 2 when he wasn't able to go yesterday?

I also remember at the draft where Nix/Gailey said TJ was not a slot guy. We're very thin in a position that doesn't do much to strike fear into our opponents already.

I'm one to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but this pisses me off. What makes TJ ready for week 2 when he wasn't able to go yesterday?

Probably nothing, which is why he said he's going to have to get ready fast. I'm guessing he's the only option, unless they sign someone like Naaman.

Simon asked this of Chan, Chan claimed you have to weigh who is less ready, a young player or a guy who knows nothing of your system.

Edited by Carey Bender

Probably nothing, which is why he said he's going to have to get ready fast. I'm guessing he's the only option, unless they sign someone like Naaman.

Simon asked this of Chan, Chan claimed you have to weigh who is less ready, a young player or a guy who knows nothing of your system.

It may be a crazy thought, but isn't Roscoe Parrish out there? Knows the system, was our slot receiver and looked good in Chan's system. Of course, he'd probably get hurt in the first quarter...

Chan claimed the third, I'm guessing the int by Wilson, was an inaccurate throw. Wrong route would be by Nelson on the int by Cromartie and the late throw was the first int by Revis.

When a wrong route is ran by a WR the ball will be nowhere close to the WR (or they will be crossed up). In this case the ball was thrown right to nelson. Nelson ran underneath and Fitz threw it right there. The problem was Cromartie disguised man (where he would play behind) but it was zone (he can undercut the route where he is responsible in zone). There is also safety help. Cromartie broke before the ball was even the air. Fitz was confused by the route/coverage of Cromartie.

That interception is just due to good gameplaning on the Jets part and the Bills being very predictable in their passing shcemes in the spread offense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I didn't see the Nelson injury (I turned it off in the second half). What happened?

It was during garbage time in the 4th quarter. Nelson got hurt when making a cut away from the play. His knee gave out and it could be a torn ACL. Hope I'm wrong.

We are seeing now why it was folly to keep a small number of WRs on the roster -- unless they were forced to because the guys they brought in just stunk in pre-season, which is an indictment of their talent evaluation.

Edited by Golden Wheels

He should slide those specs up his nose some a little more and re-view the film---there was little to no pass rush. Sanchez had mucho time to throw. He rarely looked rattled beyond the first few minutes.

6. "My playcalling is so predictable that the fans see what's coming and that was a problem Sunday."

We have one of the largest, heaviest talented offensive lines in football with excellent running backs, a gigantic fullback and two big tight ends.

Yet we pass and pass and pass utilizing our average QB and our average WRs.

This team is built to demolish teams using the running game.

It's a tragedy that McIntyre isn't in there paving the road nearly every play for FJ or CJ.

It may be a crazy thought, but isn't Roscoe Parrish out there? Knows the system, was our slot receiver and looked good in Chan's system. Of course, he'd probably get hurt in the first quarter...

That's actually a very interesting thought. They'll have to wait until we get the report on Nelson's MRI. If its as bad as they think he'll got to IR. TJ is already on the active roster. They could move Easley up, bring Roosevelt back, or go to the market.

He should slide those specs up his nose some a little more and re-view the film---there was little to no pass rush. Sanchez had mucho time to throw. He rarely looked rattled beyond the first few minutes.

So maybe the few times they did have a pass rush it wasn't awful, How can something non-existent be considered awful?

6. "My playcalling is so predictable that the fans see what's coming and that was a problem Sunday."

We have one of the largest, heaviest talented offensive lines in football with excellent running backs, a gigantic fullback and two big tight ends.

Yet we pass and pass and pass utilizing our average QB and our average WRs.

This team is built to demolish teams using the running game.

It's a tragedy that McIntyre isn't in there paving the road nearly every play for FJ or CJ.

How do you put together a team, and then don't utilize it's strengths? They seem to have a better than average OLINE, why not run the friggin' ball??!!

It's very frustrating to have some of the pieces, and continually force our WR's & QB to make plays they simply cannot make.

As a side note, any chance of Lee Evans?