100 million dollar mistake?

How about a blitz every now and again? Ever think of that? It didn't look like we sent more then 4 guys the entire game.....an extra guy may have disrupted the timing that Snatchez had with the receivers. Not to mention a bump off the line as well...

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about a blitz every now and again? Ever think of that? It didn't look like we sent more then 4 guys the entire game.....an extra guy may have disrupted the timing that Snatchez had with the receivers. Not to mention a bump off the line as well...

Didnt we add Williams and Anderson so we wouldnt have to blitz to create pressure?

Didnt we add Williams and Anderson so we wouldnt have to blitz to create pressure?

LOL...Every team Blitzes and most Blitz often even with Elite up front talent...in fact, it makes the Blitz that more effective because you often get guys running in free because they are doubling guys Mario, Kyle, Dareus, or Mark...A great front 4 usually makes a Blitz safer to run, the reason is because they work better. The worst part about a Blitz is not getting any pressure as you limit your zone or man coverage by sending guys in to pressure the QB. If anything, we should be very aggressive with our front 4...remember, they still have 5 guys blocking and often 6 or 7 if they use TE's and RB's to help block against just 4 up front guys. I dont care how good your D line is, they will not consistently win a 4 on 5...4 on 6 or 4 on 7 battle.

Nothing like a good humiliating loss to get everyone fired up to do what they should have done on opening day. The season is young. Hopefully the team will give us something to get excited about in up coming games. If the Bills only win two games this year and both wins come against the Patriots, then the Bills will have satisfied me. You see, I'm not that hard to please.

Nothing like a good humiliating loss to get everyone fired up to do what they should have done on opening day. The season is young. Hopefully the team will give us something to get excited about in up coming games. If the Bills only win two games this year and both wins come against the Patriots, then the Bills will have satisfied me. You see, I'm not that hard to please.

After not making the playoffs since 1999, it just might be time to raise your expectations.

I have no problem with Mario's contract. More power to him.

But his contract alone makes him the leader on that defense. And his lack of effort on the field makes an impression on everybody else out there. His effort yesterday wasn't worth the vet minimum, let alone more.

When he plays like his life depends on it play in and play out, the rest will follow. I'm not convinced he's that kind of player, though.

GO BILLS!!!

What? Is Mario Williams the first DE that has ever had to deal with this stuff?

He 100% needs to play through it. These nothing you can do about the refs (well except have the greedy NFL who wants player safety pay the real refs). But it does get in your head when penalties aren't called. If you took a NBA star like Kobe and forced him to play pickup somewhere, he'd get real frustrated. I don't want to hear excuses but if penalties don't get called, it's BS. Especially when it's not the real refs missing them,

A 229 page thread about how awesome Mario is, followed by 229 pages on why we knew he was a bust all along.

PTR

:w00t: I'm pretty sure I said in this monster thread somewhere that fans would be screaming he was a bust if he didn't get a sack the 1st game. Sports fans are nothing if not predictable.

The whole mantra we have been hearing is that the newly revamped D-line would be able to create enough pressure on their own, so the LB's & DB's could do their job..that is how the really great defenses have an edge, we were told...if yesterday is any indication (and I am not one throwing in the towel after one pukey loss), then Buddy just delivered one ugly baby!

That said, I have more faith in the defense turning things around than I do the offense.

Edited by Buftex

Something I don't get here.

If you get punched in the face and the refs are doing nothing about it, why not punch the guy in face as well, or better twist his helmet off. Worst case the refs are going to flag you but you will have force them to assert the situation and pay a closer look from then onwards.

Is it just me or it's better to do something about it BEFORE bringing it up the a post-game interview.

If not you just ask the coach for a sub to play a down and smack the guy in the face with an elbow. This is not a coktail party its a brutal game played by athletes (some if not most) on 'roids.

If I'm the only one here who doesnt care about Williams' rant I'll shut up!

Marc in Montréal

:)