100 million dollar mistake?

I challenge everyone to watch the play that starts at 5:20 of the 4th quarter (Bills are down by 13 and absolutely need a stop to have any chance). Give me your take on Mario's level of effort.

He comes free early in the play with about 6 yards of open space between himself and Sanchez. He starts running at Sanchez, then as he gets close he lifts his arms SLIGHTLY (to about head height) then immediately brings them down again and stops rushing. What is he thinking? With his 6'6" frame he needs to have his hands high in the air and at least jump if he can't get there in time. Knock down the pass or AT LEAST disrupt Sanchez's line of sight to Santonio Holmes.

I noticed this in real time, but I think it looks worse watching it again.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You cannot judge a player with Mario's talent on one regular season game. I read some of the negatives that pissed off texas fans said about him taking plays off.

Early In the Steelers pre-season game he was and looked dominant. Then the one series or so in the last pre season game he looked like the way he played today? Kind of uninspired.

What bothers me is a friggin practice squad player appeared to be the dominant player in that match up today. If the front 4 have pride, and I believe they do. KC will/should be getting schooled next week.

i'm more concerned with what it would have cost to get a franchise qb instead. could we have dealt for a shot at rgIII or cam newton? what would that have cost? top draft choices for 2 years? 3 years? with the bills record of picks recently i think that would have been a good bet. watching cam newton right now convinces me what a top player at that position means. the rest of the panthers are no better and probably worse than the bills but they look like they always have a chance.

i'm more concerned with what it would have cost to get a franchise qb instead. could we have dealt for a shot at rgIII or cam newton? what would that have cost? top draft choices for 2 years? 3 years? with the bills record of picks recently i think that would have been a good bet. watching cam newton right now convinces me what a top player at that position means. the rest of the panthers are no better and probably worse than the bills but they look like they always have a chance.

Who in Buffalo would you want a RG3, etc. coaching him? We need that guy too.

One thing i noticed is that none of our lineman were getting their hands up and we left passing lanes wide open for the short quick passes.

i hate to say that M Williams did not seem very focused today and thats just not acceptable.

The team can either lay down now or come out swinging after getting schooled by Jets. again.

Mario a "victim" again. He's 6'6" 290 and a big cry baby. The one thing I got to say to you Mario is kick the guys ass if you don't like it. The refs are not your friend.

http://espn.go.com/n...ement-refs-loss

Well, there goes a tiny portion of his signing bonus to the league after those comments.

Top tier head coach? How bout Shanahan? Oh wait. He said "no" to Buffalo already. Cowher said no also. Which is why the Bills got Chan. So stop with the top tier crap. We have a top tier D Line, and had a top tier running back.

I will say this though. I can see a coaching change if this ship doesn't get turne around. And yet another lesson on why the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

After one game? Come on lets at least give it a few games before we call anyone disappointing. Remember we won our opener last year 41-7 and we finished 6-10. For all you know Mario could have three sacks next week and look like a beast. Too much hyperbolic panic.

Hyperbolic Panic would be a cool band name. I'll trademark that in the AM. Thanks!

We would have been better off to give that Money to Jim Harbough, Im sure he would have loved deer in his back yard and our down home college atmosphere.

Now this thread is more about getting the right coach not that we shouldn't have gotten Marrio, who I like. I'm just saying that would have been wiser to pull out all the stops to get Harbaugh here.

Good post. Mario took like three days to sign a contract that NOBODY else in the NFL would have given him. If 30 other teams would have offered him that money he would have signed in seconds, but it took him three days and his wife coming in, etc, etc. He will be a good player for Buffalo. Is he ever going to be worth the money we signed him for-NO. Look at what tampa did in FA last year-that is how you improve a team.

Good post. Mario took like three days to sign a contract that NOBODY else in the NFL would have given him. If 30 other teams would have offered him that money he would have signed in seconds, but it took him three days and his wife coming in, etc, etc. He will be a good player for Buffalo. Is he ever going to be worth the money we signed him for-NO. Look at what tampa did in FA last year-that is how you improve a team.

What did Tampa do? Vincent Jackson. Who else?

He cant be labelled as a mistake after just one game. After 6 or 7 then maybe

Nobody and I mean nobody in Buffalo complained about the signing. The guy is over-rated but definitely upgraded the team in a major area of need. He'll have better games but no one around here is going to confuse him with #78 or #94 for that matter.

Howard rattled him. just what the coach wanted to do. Mario should have knocked him out and taken them both out of the game. we would have been better for it maybe

look, it didn't have to be assault. we see offensive lineman's heads snap back almost every play from a defensive lineman's push. he just needed to do it a little harder.

What did Tampa do in FA?

What did Tampa do in FA?

Carl Nicks, Eric Wright, Vincent Jackson

A guard, a CB and a big WR, at a lot less cost. The mario Williams contract will be an albatross on the Bills for years.

Nobody and I mean nobody in Buffalo complained about the signing. The guy is over-rated but definitely upgraded the team in a major area of need. He'll have better games but no one around here is going to confuse him with #78 or #94 for that matter.

He will have better games, no doubt. If you think hre is worth that contract you are kidding yourself.

Carl Nicks, Eric Wright, Vincent Jackson

A guard, a CB and a big WR, at a lot less cost. The mario Williams contract will be an albatross on the Bills for years.

He will have better games, no doubt. If you think hre is worth that contract you are kidding yourself.

Nicks and VJax got a fortune and both had big concerns

Top tier head coach? How bout Shanahan? Oh wait. He said "no" to Buffalo already. Cowher said no also. Which is why the Bills got Chan. So stop with the top tier crap. We have a top tier D Line, and had a top tier running back.

I will say this though. I can see a coaching change if this ship doesn't get turne around. And yet another lesson on why the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Every one has a price

The Bucs also had some good drafts in the past that did not gel due to injuries until today with another good draft. The Bucs had a sound o line before they lost davin Joseph. Their draft with Doug Martin was fantastic from Boise state. He played phenomenal and the previous d line drafts of bowers and McCoy looked sharp today. I watched and they put they

Pressured the Qb like we were supposed to do.

I live in Tampa and was so proud of my Bucs and so disgusted with my bills. My bills have always come first for the last 20 hrs but I'm sick of this kind of disappointment every freaking year.

We're no better than last year. Just watch the jets as they'll come back to earth when they play a real team like the patriots or 49ers.

I'd be willing to bet the same people who complain about the free agent who doesn't live up to the hype are the same people that moan when he doesn't get signed in the first place.

and i'll bet that it's the same folks who think a playoff berth every decade isn't too much to ask for. we'd all shut up if the bills make the playoffs. ya think there may be legitimate grievances regarding player and coaching personnel decisions?

The Bucs also had some good drafts in the past that did not gel due to injuries until today with another good draft. The Bucs had a sound o line before they lost davin Joseph. Their draft with Doug Martin was fantastic from Boise state. He played phenomenal and the previous d line drafts of bowers and McCoy looked sharp today. I watched and they put they

Pressured the Qb like we were supposed to do.

I live in Tampa and was so proud of my Bucs and so disgusted with my bills. My bills have always come first for the last 20 hrs but I'm sick of this kind of disappointment every freaking year.

We're no better than last year. Just watch the jets as they'll come back to earth when they play a real team like the patriots or 49ers.

sad but true, suck for Luck ... PRAY FOR BRAY

Does the OP realize that we offered Harbaugh the job and he told us to get !@#$ed. His wife was also pregnant at the time and moving was probably not an option.

The OP doesn't care and thinks we should've offered 20m a year if he said no to 10.

Don't try to reason with the OP, he thinks he's too smart for that.