Optimists, let's hear it?

Virgil

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on man. Yea we were horrible in a lot of phases, especially Fitz, but don't start this chicken little crap. it's one frickin game. Not too high . not too low. There were positives to take from today as some other posters have touched on. You negative guys kill me.

ive always been the optimist when it comes to following the bills.

always. to a fault even.

texting people today that we were going to win when we got to within 13 in the fourth.

but facts are facts:

gailey 0-8 to start 2010 - finished 4-12

gailey 1-8 to finish 2011 - finished 6-10

over the last 14 games (including preseason) were 1-13 and have been absolutely dominated in every facet of the game.

to say the league understands our offense would be an understatement - there were defenders literally standing where fitz was going to throw his pass BEFORE HE THREW IT!

we have no offense. the best defense in the world cant recover from the mistakes our offense made.

gailey needs to be fired asap.

a-s-a-p.

he. is. a. terrible. coach.

not bad, not mediocre - TERRIBLE. probably the worst win pct. in bills history.

there is no excuse for this. he has lost the team, he has no offensive game plan, its over. its done.

he needs to go right now. RIGHT NOW.

I'm encouraged by this game. As difficult a game as this was, it was encouraging to see the Bills pull out the win in the last seconds. I think it bodes well for the rest of the season.

(I reject your reality, and substitute my own.)

You magnificent bastard....why didn't I think of that?

I'm optimistic that I'm going to save $250 after I cancel Sunday Ticket tonight.

99.9% sure that's not gonna happen...at 1:01 today we were all on the hook for the full season amount. If you can pull off this miracle please PM me....thanks

I have to be honest, as an optimist myself the Bills put me to the test yesterday, and like many of you I was damn near ready to throw the rest of the season away BUT since I'm a Bills fan with a passion that burns like the eternal flame I was able to find several good things out of yesterdays shalacking.

1.) Run defense greatly improved

The Jets could get absolutely nothing going on the ground, just what we saw in the preseason this defense is built to plug gaps. In this NFL solid run D is not as important as it once was but is still a positive if we can shore up the pass defense.

2.) We almost came back

No seriously, we did. The Spiller fumble was a pretty damn iffy call and had it been ruled incomplete on the field there's no way it would've been overturned. Fitz throws one less pick, we don't give up a punt return TD, and we start to establish the run EARLIER and that game plays out very differently.

3.) Fitz was bad, but that's as bad as he gets.

I can confidently say that was the worst game I've ever seen Ryan Fitzpatrick play, and he still got 3TDs. Is he a good QB? No, in fact he's much more on the side of terrible than he ever will be good. But he's shown he can win games and does have the ability to throw 4TDs and no picks in a game. If he doesn't work out, we'll see how T-Jack does in week 6.

4.) Spiller finally not a bust

He looked good, he looked really really good. Making people miss, waiting for blocks to setup and then turning on the burners. Spiller was the only bright spot on a woeful offense but he was a star. He'll be splitting with Freddy evenly when he returns, slowly taking the full time spot, the kid is an absolute stud and I think the game finally slowed down for him.

5.) This team with a good starting QB is a consistent playoff contender

When Fitz throws well, our offense can score, now if we had a QB who could throw well EVERY GAME, well, we'd be a top ten offense, easily. Obviously we aren't going to have that guy by the end of the season but its been 12 years, what the hell's another offseason?

6.) MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

IT'S WEEK ONE. ONE WEEK. ONE GAME OF SIXTEEN. Do you remember last year? We blew the Chiefs out 41-7, started 5-2, and then sucked. Week one is hardly ever an indication of how a team will play for the rest of the season. We have issues like every other team, and as hard as it is to hear we are still building.

This season ain't over, the sky STILL isn't falling, trust me I checked, and the Bills are still in the playoff hunt as far as I'm concerned.

there were positives from yesterday, and I think everyone's assumption that as Fitzpatrick goes, this team will go is dead on. The defense will get stronger as they gain experience playing along side one another, and to be honest, this team needed a punch in the mouth. You have to work hard every single play, every single game to win in the NFL and while they have talent, everyone on this team needs to know if you don't perform, you're not going to be around long. I hope that was the lesson learned yesterday.

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Didn't ridley run for like 125? I don't know what their other backs got. But that is hardly "nothing on the ground". Sorry for peeing in your cheerios.

Who's Ridley? Shonn Greene was 27/94, averaging only 3.5 -- and one was the "long" 14 yarder in garbage time. Tebow was 5/11. Greene also had 2 fumbles, but didn't lose either of them - different game if we coudl've picked one of those up. So yeah, I'd say they shut the run down well.