Vacation Time!

Chef Jim

Not heading back to WNY or anyplace for that matter. Just installed a new huge kitchen and will be spending the week making all sorts of fun stuff. So we'll spend the week just hanging around the Bay Area.

Oh and if any of you were thinking of giving me some advice on what to do around the house or the area.......thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice.

No advice but a suggestion.

Have a better than usual breakfast in the

new kitchen. Make a picnic lunch,drive down

to Pfieffer State Beach,park your but down on

the beach have that lunch and enjoy the view!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No advice but a suggestion.

Have a better than usual breakfast in the

new kitchen. Make a picnic lunch,drive down

to Pfieffer State Beach,park your but down on

the beach have that lunch and enjoy the view!

Thanks for the advice/suggestion but I don't need any advice/suggestions. Really, is there any difference??

Not heading back to WNY or anyplace for that matter. Just installed a new huge kitchen and will be spending the week making all sorts of fun stuff. So we'll spend the week just hanging around the Bay Area.

Oh and if any of you were thinking of giving me some advice on what to do around the house or the area.......thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice.

Don't cut yourself with the sharp knife.

Edited by mead107

Don't cut yourself with the sharp knife.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. And professional chef's secret #1835 (and I can't believe I'm giving you this) turning a medium well steak into medium rare (!@#$ing comis de cuisine) is add blood.

At least I gave the "college try"!

And we thank you for your support. :thumbsup:

What about using pickle juice for a marinade with the venison?

Was that advice for me or Kevin? Because I'd it was for Kevin it was wasted. I heard the last time he got a deer it was actually the dig from When The Grinch Stole Christmas. If it was for me thanks for the blah blah blah.

Get a real job. That way, the next time you install a huge kitchen, you will still be able to afford a vacation. Enjoy your staycation. :P

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Dude this the guy that usually takes his vacations in !@#$ing Buffalo. A staycation is a HUGE upgrade.

Was that advice for me or Kevin? Because I'd it was for Kevin it was wasted. I heard the last time he got a deer it was actually the dig from When The Grinch Stole Christmas. If it was for me thanks for the blah blah blah.

Actually, it was a question for you, the great Chef Jim. So I guess I was looking for advice.

ive got venison advice, dont eat that nasty ****...at least go shoot a cow and have some real meat you dirty hippy (to Kevin - not Chef Jim, I wouldnt dare tell him what he should do on his lame staycation)

Wow. Just wow.

Don't cook outside unless you have cleaned the brush out of the yard and have a defensible space. Its wildfire season and you're not too far from where the big Oakland Hills Fire was. If you're stuck in traffic on the way to the Caldecott Tunnel, look up on the hill. Notice there are no trees and all new houses. That's where it was. Can spot a few burn't trees left.

Edited by Wacka

I just got back from a week on Cape Cod. Fantastic place to kick around on wide sandy beaches. The seafood there is fantastic! Fried clams (with the bellies) are beyond compare. Chef - you should take your lovely bride there on your next vacation. Wait... I didn't... :unsure: Oh No! :bag:

I just got back from a week on Cape Cod. Fantastic place to kick around on wide sandy beaches. The seafood there is fantastic! Fried clams (with the bellies) are beyond compare. Chef - you should take your lovely bride there on your next vacation. Wait... I didn't... :unsure: Oh No! :bag:

Thanks...now I'm craving some Arnolds.