Will We Win On Sunday

Will We Beat The Jets?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Win (and please explain)

I need help beacuse I didn't really watch all of the preseason games and didn't analyze the players the way some of you expert analyzers do. I would like an honest opinion of where you think we stand in this game. I know we can't really judge much from the preseason so week 1 is always a tricky game. I just feel like going into last year for some crazy reason I had more confidence in winning. I expected to win last year. So do you guys think the Jets offense is really as bad as they looked in preseason or is Rex outsmarting everybody somehow?

All I know is I'll be at the game and I paid 330 dollars for each ticket and I wanna see the Bills do some damage...

I need help beacuse I didn't really watch all of the preseason games and didn't analyze the players the way some of you expert analyzers do. I would like an honest opinion of where you think we stand in this game. I know we can't really judge much from the preseason so week 1 is always a tricky game. I just feel like going into last year for some crazy reason I had more confidence in winning. I expected to win last year. So do you guys think the Jets offense is really as bad as they looked in preseason or is Rex outsmarting everybody somehow?

All I know is I'll be at the game and I paid 330 dollars for each ticket and I wanna see the Bills do some damage...

I voted no, because I think we are lousy finishers. IMO, we're also VERY WEAK in pass coverage, which will only encourage Sancho to throw. -That's three touchdowns right there. Then there's Rex's ability to laugh-off Gailey's pitiful attempts at offense, which will in turn demoralize any scoring effort we might muster. When you couple that with Chan's inability to make adjustments on the fly, you get a game that starts out promising, and ends ugly. -For us.

Bottom line: BILLS 17 JETS 34

Be safe, and have loads of fun over there.

Edited by #34fan

honestly I have no idea. I obviously hope the bills win but the jets seem to always get it done vs us. Hopefully that stops sunday.

Yep. I hope we come out gangbusters, but until I see it, it's hard to put alot of faith in this group just yet...

Edited by mattsox

This is one of the games I predicted us to lose when the schedule was announced so I can't back out now!

The Jets Defense is still really scary and they will have their homefield fired up. I predict a very low scoring affair with our offense really struggling to gel in this game. I predict we are within striking distance with five minutes left in the 4th, but Fitz tosses a costly INT in the endzone and the Jets add an insurance FG late.

Jets 17

Bills 7

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

Last year I said the first Jets game would be the Litmus Test for the Bills' season, and I feel the same this year. A loss in week one is not a big deal, but the Bills have not been able to beat the second place team in the AFC East for some time. I don't know who will win, but if the Bills do, then that signals they are legit contenders for the playoffs in my mind.

As previously stated 3 weeks ago (link)...

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Last year I said the first Jets game would be the Litmus Test for the Bills' season, and I feel the same this year. A loss in week one is not a big deal, but the Bills have not been able to beat the second place team in the AFC East for some time. I don't know who will win, but if the Bills do, then that signals they are legit contenders for the playoffs in my mind.

Okay, you are saying if the Bills lose to the Jets it's no big deal, but if the Bills beat the Jets it's a harbinger of great things to come?

As previously stated 3 weeks ago (link)...

The season opener will be over mid-way thru the first quarter, as the Bills overwhelm the ill-prepared and poorly coached Jets...

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Only 74?? You forgot to add the points the Bills D will score from pic-6's, fumble recovery TDs, and countless safeties!

Yes.

1.) Jets issues @ RT. Drinking the Mario-aide...I see him having a monster game.

2.) Sanchez holds the ball too long & our D Line will be in his face all game...another 6 INT performance?

3.) SJ13 owns "Revis Island"

4.) Fred Ex is due for a monster outing against these guys

2 area's of concern...Run D & Keller lighting up Moats.

I hope I am wrong but I just don't see us winning this game. In recent years the Jets have been a bad match-up for us, and winning the home opener on the road just makes things tougher.

Jets 20 Bills 13

The worst part about this is that every forum moron is going to come out of the woodwork with the "same old BIlls" threads. Ugh.

I voted no, because I think we are lousy finishers. IMO, we're also VERY WEAK in pass coverage, which will only encourage Sancho to throw. -That's three touchdowns right there. Then there's Rex's ability to laugh-off Gailey's pitiful attempts at offense, which will in turn demoralize any scoring effort we might muster. When you couple that with Chan's inability to make adjustments on the fly, you get a game that starts out promising, and ends ugly. -For us.

Bottom line: BILLS 17 JETS 34

Be safe, and have loads of fun over there.

DAMN! If you're right I won't be having ANY fun there but I appreciate the honesty lol...

Yes.

1.) Jets issues @ RT. Drinking the Mario-aide...I see him having a monster game.

2.) Sanchez holds the ball too long & our D Line will be in his face all game...another 6 INT performance?

3.) SJ13 owns "Revis Island"

4.) Fred Ex is due for a monster outing against these guys

2 area's of concern...Run D & Keller lighting up Moats.

This seems hopeful...

The Bills roster is more talented, top to bottom, than the Jets roster. That is the biggest factor in this game. Yes, the Jets have a good defense, but it is not impenetrable. The Bills have a young secondary, but the Jets' receivers stink. Buffalo will stop the run and force Sanchez to beat them through the air -- it won't be pretty (for NY).

A Bills lineup with 21 personnel (FredEx, Spiller, Chandler, Johnson, Jones) presents huge matchup problems for any defense.