Will We Win On Sunday

Will We Beat The Jets?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Will We Win (and please explain)

Okay, you are saying if the Bills lose to the Jets it's no big deal, but if the Bills beat the Jets it's a harbinger of great things to come?

Sorry, was trying to say that most people would look at a week one loss as not a big deal, but in my eyes the outcome is crucial--if we can't beat the Jets, we won't make the playoffs. Hope that clears it up.

This is an easy win for buffalo.

We finally have guys to stop the run and attack the passer. We got this.

Their offense sucks. Ours is not as bad as people think. Our last 1st team offensive drive was pure perfection, without our Freddy!!! And against a top 5 defense, in Detroit. Now with Fj in the mix, we should score at will.

35-12 (I'll give those clowns something)

I worry about how we will match up against their improved ground and pound. Say what you like about Tebow but he can run the ball. Our linebackers and young secondary could be badly exposed. The only true nasties we have on D are Kyle and Marcel. The more Sanchez plays, the better our chances. If Tebow mostly sits, I think we win.

Sorry, was trying to say that most people would look at a week one loss as not a big deal, but in my eyes the outcome is crucial--if we can't beat the Jets, we won't make the playoffs. Hope that clears it up.

That's not exact. You can lose a game and still make the playoffs. Most of the offseason I had us making the playoffs, but losing this game. Now I still have us barely making the playoffs, but winning this game.

We'll win this Sunday. But if we don't, we still barely slide in the playoffs.

I worry about how we will match up against their improved ground and pound. Say what you like about Tebow but he can run the ball. Our linebackers and young secondary could be badly exposed. The only true nasties we have on D are Kyle and Marcel. The more Sanchez plays, the better our chances. If Tebow mostly sits, I think we win.

No Mario Williams? It's because of Mario Williams that our "true nasties" can be nasty. Are you serious?

We demolished Tebow last time we played him.

We know how to defend the wildcat, we freaking use it too.

Next?

That's not exact. You can lose a game and still make the playoffs. Most of the offseason I had us making the playoffs, but losing this game. Now I still have us barely making the playoffs, but winning this game.

No Mario Williams? It's because of Mario Williams that our "true nasties" can be nasty. Are you serious?

Next?

Mario Williams??

We have the true father of the wild cat in David Lee as coach for the Bills.

Of course it's not exact, it's an opinion. It wouldn't be as bad as losing to the Jets at home last year in the first meeting (which sent them spiraling down), but they will not make the playoffs if they can't finish ahead of the Jets in the division, and losing the first one will make that hurdle high.

Next?

I know what we did to the Broncos and Tebow last year. Rex Ryan will likely use him more effectively than Fox did in that game (though I understand that Fox too is philosophically a run first guy).

And no I don't call Mario a nasty. For sure a top DE and maybe the most physically gifted player on the roster, but his motor runs off and on, unlike the other Williams.

I need help beacuse I didn't really watch all of the preseason games and didn't analyze the players the way some of you expert analyzers do. I would like an honest opinion of where you think we stand in this game. I know we can't really judge much from the preseason so week 1 is always a tricky game. I just feel like going into last year for some crazy reason I had more confidence in winning. I expected to win last year. So do you guys think the Jets offense is really as bad as they looked in preseason or is Rex outsmarting everybody somehow?

All I know is I'll be at the game and I paid 330 dollars for each ticket and I wanna see the Bills do some damage...

I think you did yourself a favor by not really watching or analyzing the preseason. It's a good way to preserve your sanity.

Edited by biglukes

Of course it's not exact, it's an opinion. It wouldn't be as bad as losing to the Jets at home last year in the first meeting (which sent them spiraling down), but they will not make the playoffs if they can't finish ahead of the Jets in the division, and losing the first one will make that hurdle high.

i also consider this game to be monumental and set the tone for the season. If we don't play well i will be heart broken.

The Bills roster is more talented, top to bottom, than the Jets roster. That is the biggest factor in this game. Yes, the Jets have a good defense, but it is not impenetrable. The Bills have a young secondary, but the Jets' receivers stink. Buffalo will stop the run and force Sanchez to beat them through the air -- it won't be pretty (for NY).

A Bills lineup with 21 personnel (FredEx, Spiller, Chandler, Johnson, Jones) presents huge matchup problems for any defense.

+1

It's a coin toss in my opinion. Whichever teams defense makes the huge play wins it.

every division game is generally a coin toss.

we've been bad for so long, that fact has been forgotten.

this year, if we can have a winning record in our division, we go to the playoffs, it's as simple as that.

ideally: split the jets, split the pats, sweep the fish.

so sunday isnt a must win, and it's too hard to call - it's going to be stressful, but let's hope we can leave there with a W.

The teams are pretty even. We haven't beat the Jets in a long time. Both coaches aren't afraid to run different looks and plays that will make it an interesting game to watch (unlike the Giants Cowboys coaches last night zzzzzzzzz)

We have a better D-Line, they have better linebackers

We have better special teams, they have better corners

We have a better offense, they have a better defense

We have an offensive minded head coach, they have a defensive minded one

We have better runners, they have home field advantage

We have a rookie LT, they have a weak RT on Mario all game

You will have fun at the game either way because it will be close and exciting. I think the NY crowd can hurt their own team if they turn on them and the boos start raining down and the Tebow chants start when Sanchez struggles. I think the team leading at half will win the game.

My prediction is Freddy and our TE Chandler have big days, McKelvin gets a pick six, BIlls win 19-17.

What Bills jersey are you wearing? I'll send you my Maybin one for free..........

Edited by Webster Guy