Season predictions

Since we are now getting ready for the regular season, I will give my Week 1 prediction. Bills 27, Jets 13. Last season, I predicted Bills 24, Chefs 10 in the season opener, and was called "nuts", "what am I drinking (smoking)" etc... for predicting the Bills would win by such a large margin. The Bills did more that just win by 14 points, they won by 34 points.

Other predictions I have, the Bills will be 3-0 by the time they face the Pats in Week 4. At minimum, the Bills will be 4-2 in the division (beating the Jets & Dolphins twice), best case scenario, 5-1 (with splitting with the Pats). For the season, best care scenario, the Bills end up 11-5, worst case 9-7. If key players get injured again (Like Eric Wood, Fred Jackson & Kyle Williams, to name a few for example), then it's unlikely that the Bills will finish with a winning record (maybe 7-9, 8-8).

What are your predictions?

6-10

Our LB's and CB's kill us on defense. We can't stop anyone again this year.

People will fry you for being negative, but I am also very worried about the LB's. I am hoping the front 4 can help them out. If not, your prediction could be correct. I think we'll be ok at CB, esp. if we can pressure the passer.

People will fry you for being negative, but I am also very worried about the LB's. I am hoping the front 4 can help them out. If not, your prediction could be correct. I think we'll be ok at CB, esp. if we can pressure the passer.

I am also worried about our LB's in coverage, and the youth movement in the secondary. But, the front 4 will have a huge impact on run & pass defense.

Week 1: Bills 41 - Jets 7

Season Prediction: 8-8

P.S. Jon Gruden on ESPN predicted less than 8 victories for the Bills this season solely because of our weakness at QB. Gruden knows what he's talking about.

I like the score of the season opener, that would be awesome!! In regards to the 8-8 prediction, the Bills improved 2 games (from 4-12 to 6-10), I hope that's not the case this season and they win more games & make the playoffs.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I'm really holding back judgment of this defense until I see a few regular season games. At linebacker, as long as Morrison doesn't get cut, he's not a bad LB - good enough to man the middle, or outside, for a few starts and not be terrible - we have some options. I also think Bradham should be out there more, as he's big enough and fast enough. I like Moats, but he is just too slow to be covering WR's or RB's. All in all, I think it's a defense with a few weaknesses, but many more strengths, and I think we'll see a lot of three and outs, a lot of stretches of dominance, and then some lapses, where our weaknesses are exploited. I don't think we've seen anything close to it's potential thus far, especially play calling and scheming. All considered, I think it'll be a top 10 defense in the NFL.

On the whole, I really think our season comes down much more to Fitzpatrick than to the defense. He's got to stay healthy, and he has to play smart. If he can limit the turnovers, our shortened fields, with good RB play, and management out of the QB, could lead to 10 or 11 wins. The schedule probably isn't going to be this nice to us again for a long time.

Frankly, I just don't see us missing the playoffs this year and keeping Fitz. I really think he has to play good enough to get us to the playoffs, or we'll go out and get another QB next year. Of course, better WR play would go a long way toward a more objective assessment of the QB, but on the whole - as witnessed by the Vince Young cut - this Front Office and management looks like they want to win now. As much as they praise Fitz, I believe the contract they gave him, and the urgency to get a better backup despite the lateness of the move - and, even the holding off on bringing in a young prospect at QB - all point to a prove it year for Fitz.

So, if the team stays pretty healthy, and the defense isn't shown to be terribly outmatched in one or more areas, and Fitz plays to the level of his contract (slightly above average) then we should make a wildcard, and my prediction is 11-5. The season is upon us!

Edited by sllib olaffub

09/09

@ New York Jets W 27 - 16 09/16 Kansas City Chiefs W 31 - 24 09/23 @ Cleveland Browns W 28 - 3 09/30 New England Patriots L 27-24 10/7 @ San Francisco L 17-9 10/14 @ Arizona Cardinals W 21 -10 10/21 Tennessee Titans W 17-7 11/04 @ Houston Texans L 24-10 11/11 @ New England Patriots L 31-17 11/15 Miami Dolphins W 24-10 11/25 @ Indianapolis Colts W 28-24 12/02 Jacksonville Jaguars W 19-9 12/09 St. Louis Rams W 30 - 13 12/16 Seattle Seahawks (Tor) L 17-10 12/23 @ Miami Dolphins W 21-0 12/30

New York Jets W 27-10

11-5

I think we sweep the Jets and Miami but come up short against Brady. They just seem to have too many weapons this year. My trap games are Tennessee, coming off the two west coast travel games, the Toronto mess, and the Colts who may have a decent enough pass rush to get to Fitz and cause problems. I am finding it hard to see less than 9 wins barring injuries.

Please Chan run the ball and Wanny just rush 4 or 5 and drop the rest in coverage. Don't look for the homerun on 3rd and 2 and don't leave Aaron Williams or Moats on an island with a creative safety blitz.

8-8 as well, here.

Improved over last year, but still too many weak spots and too little depth for the inevitable injuries. That being said, 8-8 will be a disappointment, I think we have a team that could push for the playoffs. It's just... well... us.