Easley..

Roosevelt does nothing but the right thing.. Great hands.. No mistakes.. Hard to get rid of this kid.. Not saying I don't like Easley, because I do.. But if I had to choose, Roosevelt stays!!

Roos probably has the least ability of the top 4-5 guys at WR on this team. Yet all he does is get open and catch the ball. Big he STAYS

I thought Mike Jasper was this year's Mike Jasper.

Mike Jasper was already cut.

Easley is likely to get cut in a few hours.

Last year was the jasper BJ fest, this year it Easley getting serviced routinely by posters.

Edited by inkman

I won’t shed a tear if Easley gets cut but I’d rather keep him as the #6 WR and Roosevelt as the #5 over Hagen and Martin. Those guys are already at their ceiling and it’s not very high so get rid of them and keep those last few roster spots for guys that still have room to grow. Or try and get Easley to the PS if we need the roster spot and only keep 5 WRs and Brad Smith.

I won’t shed a tear if Easley gets cut but I’d rather keep him as the #6 WR and Roosevelt as the #5 over Hagen and Martin. Those guys are already at their ceiling and it’s not very high so get rid of them and keep those last few roster spots for guys that still have room to grow. Or try and get Easley to the PS if we need the roster spot and only keep 5 WRs and Brad Smith.

This Hagan had one good game and it was last year, gotta like the "heart" Easley put into that 2 pointer. plus it would make the 2010 draft look better hah!

Edited by bowery4

Last year was the jasper BJ fest, this year it Easley getting serviced routinely by posters.

I'd say people have been bending over to service Easley on this board see he was drafted.

Everyone fell in love with the picture of him catching the ball in a blue uniform in a snow storm at Uconn and imagined him doing the same in The Ralph.

WRs that have potential are a dime a dozen. WRs that contribute are few and far between.

If he makes to the practice squad I'll be pleased.

I'd say people have been bending over to service Easley on this board see he was drafted.

Everyone fell in love with the picture of him catching the ball in a blue uniform in a snow storm at Uconn and imagined him doing the same

in The Ralph.

WRs that have potential are a dime a dozen.

WRs that contribute are few and far between.

If he makes to the practice squad I'll be pleased.

Agreed

You're mistaking people's posts imo.

I don't think anyone here is saying "EASLEY IS GREAT, BEST WR EVER" but rather "Hey, if there's little separation between the remaining WRs on the bubble, why not keep the ones with the best potential?"

I don't recall one post saying who would stay instead of Easley.. Martin? Hagan? You guys that want Easley gone really think we're better off with those two?

I'd keep Easley, Roosevelt, Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Graham. If we had to keep Martin for special teams I would say bye to Brad Smith.. I would say bye to Brad Smith regardless though.

Aiken to PS.

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

You're mistaking people's posts imo.

I don't think anyone here is saying "EASLEY IS GREAT, BEST WR EVER" but rather "Hey, if there's little separation between the remaining WRs on the bubble, why not keep the ones with

the best potential?"

Perhaps but it's a little reminiscent of Jasper Mania. Look at how big he is. Look at how fast he is for his size. Meanwhile nobody knows if these guys can actually play football.

All that being said, I'd love to see Easley on the PS.

From what we see I think a lot of these guys are 6 of one or a half dozen of the other.

I think some stuff thats hard for fans to evaluate (attitude, work ethic, chemistry, response to feedback etc...) along with how well they executed assignments (which we rarely see or know) will break the tie.

Really, none seem head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree with your assessment that is why I move into the next part of the question and that is potential. Hagen and Martin are as good as they are going to get. Easley has significant upside as do Nelson and Jones. I think that Rooseveldt has the markings as a career posession receiver plus an outstanding punt catcher/returner and all around special teams ace. Naaman could even run the widlcat in a pinch. I might cut Naaman initially to go talent hunting but I would bring him back after/if he clears.

Perhaps but it's a little reminiscent of Jasper Mania. Look at how big he is. Look at how fast he is for his size. Meanwhile nobody knows if these guys can actually play football.

All that being said, I'd love to see Easley on the PS.

I don't beleive Easely is eligible to go back on the PS again.

Yes he is--- he's never been on the PS.

You sir are correct

The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

Obviously, Easley does not meet the criteria in (i), as his two years on Injured Reserve mean he has two Accrued Seasons, given that players on IR are paid their full salaries. It's in (ii) that it appears Easley qualifies for the practice squad, as he very clearly has fewer than nine regular season games on the team's active list.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/8/25/3267906/buffalo-bills-marcus-easley-practice-squad-eligibility

You sir are correct

The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Accrued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

Obviously, Easley does not meet the criteria in (i), as his two years on Injured Reserve mean he has two Accrued Seasons, given that players on IR are paid their full salaries. It's in (ii) that it appears Easley qualifies for the practice squad, as he very clearly has fewer than nine regular season games on the team's active list.

http://www.buffaloru...uad-eligibility

IT has been shown that he does have eligability because he have never been on a regular season roster, having been put on IR before each season began. That is because NFL defines an accrued season is six or more games on the active roster, for purpose of practice squad. It shows that definition on this wiki page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_team

Edited by rstencel

Beleive has been shown that he does because he have never been on a regular season roster, having been put on IR before each season began, so is sort of a loop hole, will try and find the article that explained that again.

I was agreeing with him, and that is the article that says Easely is PS eligible lol.

I was agreeing with him, and that is the article that says Easely is PS eligible lol.

It's funny, it never occurred to me that he was PS eligible until someone posted it on TSW last week--- after the fact, it makes sense as he hasn't been activated for any regular season games. Maybe that's his only chance to stay in Buffalo.

It's funny, it never occurred to me that he was PS eligible until someone posted it on TSW last week--- after the fact, it makes sense as he hasn't been activated for any regular season games. Maybe that's his only chance to stay in Buffalo.

I think the bills should try to keep him and Aiken around a little longer.

Roosevelt does nothing but the right thing.. Great hands.. No mistakes.. Hard to get rid of this kid.. Not saying I don't like Easley, because I do.. But if I had to choose, Roosevelt stays!!

I agree. And there's something to be said about working your way up. Roosevelt has done that. Hasn't he spent 2 years on our practice squad? He's ready to get some consistent reps at the NFL level.

If Easley and Aiken are PS eligible, that makes this decision easier. I like Easley alot too but he could benefit from a year on the PS squad, showing that he can work hard, pay attention, and stay hungry -- like Roosevelt did.