Anyone have ESPN Insider access?

merlin

There are several tiers in rankings, although no official numbers--- even so, Gailey is the 21st named HC and the 2nd within the 4th tier: "Jury is still out"

Chan Gailey -- Chan worked on my staff in Kansas City as the offensive coordinator. He's a great offensive mind. He'll take the players he has and put them in a position to have success. Offensively, this team will be fun to watch. And defensively, it should be much better. Chan understands there are raised expectations for this team, and the Bills have improved every year he's been there.

Chan is an old-school football coach. He's good with the players but very demanding. He'll get after them. Remember, he took the Cowboys to the playoffs both years he coached them (1998 and 1999). He didn't win in the playoffs, but he got there. So, as a former coach for Jerry Jones, he knows a little something about big expectations.

Edwards is a moron. He is annoying as hell. Gailey's decision making leaves much to be desired both in personnel choices, both players and coaches, and play calling. In my mind three years is plenty of time to get this team to the playoffs. You can't use the excuse that Fitz isn't good enough. Gailey chose to go with him so if Fitz craps the bed this year it is just as much on him and NIx as it is on Fitz.

Regardless of Edwards, I agree. Gailey leaves alot to be desired, but this team was completely depleted of talent when he got here in 2010. It's year 3. I say this is really gonna be a year to gage him as a HC. They actually did alot in the offseason to get better, unfortunately I'm not so certain they have done enough. I think they may have spent too much on Williams, and should have brought in other players in 2010 and 2011 to help sure up things, Players like Peppers and Dansby, but we'll wait and see what happens for 2012

Edwards is a moron. He is annoying as hell. Gailey's decision making leaves much to be desired both in personnel choices, both players and coaches, and play calling. In my mind three years is plenty of time to get this team to the playoffs. You can't use the excuse that Fitz isn't good enough. Gailey chose to go with him so if Fitz craps the bed this year it is just as much on him and NIx as it is on Fitz.

He rated him in the 4th tier, and at best 20th out of 32. It's not like he was top 5.

Edited by NoSaint

Regardless of Edwards, I agree. Gailey leaves alot to be desired, but this team was completely depleted of talent when he got here in 2010. It's year 3. I say this is really gonna be a year to gage him as a HC. They actually did alot in the offseason to get better, unfortunately I'm not so certain they have done enough. I think they may have spent too much on Williams, and should have brought in other players in 2010 and 2011 to help sure up things, Players like Peppers and Dansby, but we'll wait and see what happens for 2012

The way the Williams deal is structured is very cap friendly and there is plenty of fat on the roster that could be cut salary wise. I also don't think players like Peppers and Dansby would have wanted to come here. Part of the appeal for M.Williams was not only the money but also that the Bills were that much closer to winning now then two years ago.

My big issue with Nix and Gailey was the 2010 off-season. The free agency haul was A.Davis and D.Edwards not exactly the best guys, and the draft seems to have been a bust with Troup and Carrington not panning out so far, and Spiller not being that dynamic back everyone thought. Had Nix been able to get better free agents and draft better I think we would be that much closer to the playoffs.

My big issue with Nix and Gailey was the 2010 off-season. The free agency haul was A.Davis and D.Edwards not exactly the best guys, and the draft seems to have been a bust with Troup and Carrington not panning out so far, and Spiller not being that dynamic back everyone thought. Had Nix been able to get better free agents and draft better I think we would be that much closer to the playoffs.

If the Bills had built enough depth, they make the playoffs last year after staring 5-1. There was no backup help once Wood, Williams went down. The run defense stayed back at #30 after Williams exit and Fitz starting throwing more picks once Wood and Jackson were shelved for the season. We do not have a Franchise QB who can overcome injuries to his key players.

Edited by ganesh

Herm Edwards wrote an article for ESPN Insider that rates all 32 NFL coaches. I was curious as to what he had to say about Chan Gailey, and where 'bouts he has him ranked. Anyone with Insider access care to read the article and let us know?

http://insider.espn....hes-2012-season

GO BILLS!

RALPH!!! Is that you again?

Strangely enough, this rating echos how the Bills ranked overall in the league last year, and where they drafted

Makes me kinda interested in the rest of the article - but not sufficiently interested to pay ESPN

Bills are what they are....in the lower 1/3rd of the league....and that includes players and coaching staff. The fault lies on all of them....we have had some crappy coaching, crappy game time decisions, crappy in-game decisions and crappy in-game Executions.

Edited by ganesh

I can't fathom why anyone would want to pay for ESPN insider

In depth scouting reports from Scouts, Inc. which are not only interesting reads around draft time but throughout the year as well--- nothing more.

Bills are what they are....in the lower 1/3rd of the league....and that includes players and coaching staff. The fault lies on all of them....we have had some crappy coaching, crappy game time decisions, crappy in-game decisions and crappy in-game Executions.

I missed the executions but would love too see them. Are they graphic? Link?