Would you feel better about this team if Vick was QB?

mike6683

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Michael "Made of Glass" Vick would be awesome! With Vince Young as his back up! I mean the guy threw for 500 yards in a game one time! You know what, we should just all cheer for the Eagles! I heard they're on the verge of a Dynasty...

Back in my Gamer days, we would call a character that had a lot of firepower and little defense a glass cannon. Pretty much fits Vick.

I didn't like the dog torture at all, but he seems to be a changed man. Everyone deserves a second chance. But to answer the question: no. I think he is too fragile.

Back in my Gamer days, we would call a character that had a lot of firepower and little defense a glass cannon. Pretty much fits Vick.

I didn't like the dog torture at all, but he seems to be a changed man. Everyone deserves a second chance. But to answer the question: no. I think he is too fragile.

Changed man? Because he hasn't been caught torturing anything lately? Or?

Still seems arrogant. Still seems self centered. Still seems like he doesn't get his job. Generally seems a lot like the guy we knew before his arrest.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm relatively new to this forum. But, I hope that when the regular season starts, threads like this one will stop. I'd much rather read debate on players that we actually have. These hypothetical threads are a waste of time.

That being said: screw Vick. To my mind, Gailey/Nix have shown that they place a high value on character. I like that about them, and I like the effect it has had on the team. I enjoy rooting for players that I can be proud of.

But you still posted though huh!!!!

To answer the question, hes better than fitz, so yes.

From a pure football standpoint, I don't know.

I think Andy Reid is perhaps the NFL's best offensive coach and I wasn't very impressed with Vick when he was in Atlanta. He seems to be getting better coaching now and is starting to become a more complete QB but he has deficiencies still.

Also physically, I wonder how long he will be an effective player. Between his slight stature and his high-risk style of play, I think he'll have a relatively short prime compared to the truly great QBs.

I wouldn't trade Fitz for Vick.

I guess the answer comes in two and a half weeks, I guess I'm just sick of this "potential" BS. Time for a Bills QB to put together a complete season. If fitz can be that guy we could be good for a while. But inst that always the case

Edited by mike6683

"No, because of Super fresh pitbull take"

Get over yourselves lol that shxt was like 6 years ago now... i bet with those takes you probably consider yourselves "godfearing" types... idk, if so, even THAT dude forgives him you act like you all know the bills personally to speak of their "high character"... yeah right... now, that said, no i wouldnt take him.

Some people are just in love with the image of an athlete, often bearing no relation to what that athlete can actually do today. Vick will always be the guy on the Madden game cover and Nike ads,even if his actual performance for years has been middling at best.

The guy who suggested trading Spiller for Jones-Drew is another example of the jock hanger mentality.

PTR

If they had signed Vick I would have given up on the NFL, watched college FB on Saturday, and golfed or woked in my woodshop on Sunday. The Bills have been barely watchable for a decade and I sure as hell am not going to root for a dog-killer no matter how much I love the Bills.

Most people suggest how we would be with rookie QB's we never had a shot at. Now that the Bills are on verge of being a good football team and we had a real shot at bringing Mike Vick in after he got out out of jail. Would you feel much better about this team if he was leading it right now?

NO! Guy can't stay healthy and has reverted back to relying on his legs to make plays, I really wished we had drafted a competent QB that could developed as quality back up or take over for Fitz.

Most people suggest how we would be with rookie QB's we never had a shot at. Now that the Bills are on verge of being a good football team and we had a real shot at bringing Mike Vick in after he got out out of jail. Would you feel much better about this team if he was leading it right now?

Nope, do not like how Mike Vick plays the QB position.

NO! Guy can't stay healthy and has reverted back to relying on his legs to make plays, I really wished we had drafted a competent QB that could developed as quality back up or take over for Fitz.

Funny though all we keep hearing about is fitz rib injury as an excuse for his sucky 2nd half performance last season

If they had signed Vick I would have given up on the NFL, watched college FB on Saturday, and golfed or woked in my woodshop on Sunday. The Bills have been barely watchable for a decade and I sure as hell am not going to root for a dog-killer no matter how much I love the Bills.

That's pretty much how I feel about it as well. That would be the quickest way to end my interest in this team.

Easily the strongest arm in the league. But he's not a very good QB--even in Atlanta a million years ago he had only a couple of good seasons. He's the most fragile starter in the NFL and he will never be worth whatever it would take to trade for him. He has been the most crazy-hyped player in the last 10 years.