I'm not sure what to say about this.

Kevin

http://news.yahoo.com/florida-police-officer-slams-woman-car-goes-jail-175620064--abc-news-topstories.html

I don't know, it seemed a little excessive to me to fire the cop for this. He told her multiple times to get back in her car. She was OBVIOUSLY danger to herself and others, and highly intoxicated. Now she's the victim? I guess I'm calloused.

This will not be the popular opinion, but once again, if people would just STOP and LISTEN to what the police tell them, **** like this will NOT happen. She needs to watch Chris Rock's "how not to get your ass kicked by the police".

Cue the whiners...

This will not be the popular opinion, but once again, if people would just STOP and LISTEN to what the police tell them, **** like this will NOT happen. She needs to watch Chris Rock's "how not to get your ass kicked by the police".

Cue the whiners...

I agree with your assessment. He told her to get back in the car, and she appeared to be on her cell phone. I don't see why he got fired for this.

Absolutely ridiculous. Arrogant criminal scumbags who act like the law doesn't apply to them deserve a hell of a lot worse than getting pushed into the hood of their car. And letting PC a--holes determine 'acceptable' behavior for cops is beyond asinine.

Absolutely ridiculous. Arrogant criminal scumbags who act like the law doesn't apply to them deserve a hell of a lot worse than getting pushed into the hood of their car. And letting PC a--holes determine 'acceptable' behavior for cops is beyond asinine.

In this particular case, what part of the article indicates PC !@#$s being involved?

"We have certain expectations of our police officers, and when I looked at the
I was disappointed because I felt like that didn't stand up to those expectations," Pensacola Police Chief Chip Simmons told ABCNews.com. "We determined that what we saw on the video was inconsistent with what our policies allow and what state statute allows."

Now, perhaps the subtext is that the Police Chief acted quickly in order to avoid a firestorm from the aforementioned !@#$s...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

In this particular case, what part of the article indicates PC !@#$s being involved?

Now, perhaps the subtext is that the Police Chief acted quickly in order to avoid a firestorm from the aforementioned !@#$s...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

That's exactly what I think happened. Fire him now before the idiots at the Today Show put this front and center in the national spotlight. It's just part of the standard response now, kinda like public figures who go to "rehab" when they get caught for a DUI, affair or some other public disgrace.

If this was 20 years ago, there's zero chance a cop is fired for that.

He acted quickly so this guy will never be able to work on the police force again? Great, it's all about the Chief protecting himeself. Nice job.

Oh and he didn't slam her on the car. She was so drunk that when he swung her around her drunk ass momentum took her to the car. Good job getting behind the wheel in that condition you B word.

Cue the whiners...

I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will. Funny, I have never been tossed against my car by a cop either.

I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will. Funny, I have never been tossed against my car by a cop either.

You don't have to pick up the tab when we go out for drinks either but don't come crying if you don't like the consequences.

You don't have to pick up the tab when we go out for drinks either but don't come crying if you don't like the consequences.

I have no problem picking up the tab.....I'm sure I won't like the consequences either way. :wacko:

For what reason were you stopped by a cop, and what was the cops reaction to you not listening to them? Just curious.

As for this situation, I do think the cop appears to use excessive force, but I also think, given the circumstnces, it is far from "police brutality".

For what reason were you stopped by a cop, and what was the cops reaction to you not listening to them? Just curious.

As for this situation, I do think the cop appears to use excessive force, but I also think, given the circumstnces, it is far from "police brutality".

There is no such thing ass excessive force to someone that drunk behind the wheel of a car. Dude should have beaten the **** out of her.

There is no such thing ass excessive force to someone that drunk behind the wheel of a car. Dude should have beaten the **** out of her.

I agree...."brutality" or "excess" force should have some context. Cops are human...to me, given the gravity of the situation, she got off with the equivalent of a parent smacking their kid on the ass when they are mis-behaving. Her state, behavior, and crimes escalated the situation to that point. Dealing with beligerent drunk people has to be one of the more diffiult situations to be in.

Security wanted to search my bag heading into a music festival (this was long before they started doing this to everyone) and they weren't checking anyone else's, so I said no. Well there was a cop standing close by and then he came over and he wanted to check and I also said no. The security says no check, no entry, so I said fine I'm not coming in. The cop proceeded to follow me and continue to ask to look in the bag. I kept saying no, none of your business what's in the bag. He was pissed, but too bad for him. His partner came over and basically said forget it.

I have also been pulled over for a broken headlight and asked if it was ok to have a look in my car......um NO, it's not ok.

Spoke to the cops through the locked screen door while hosting a party and they were there on a noise complaint (many years ago). They said they were going to come in and have a look around, I said not unless you have a warrant. I can come out for you to give me the ticket....

I'm not saying to never listen to the police, but you don't have to do something just because they tell you to. You have rights.

At that point she was not drunk behind the wheel of a car and from the looks of it, not under arrest either, therefore under no obligation to follow this !@#$s order to get into her car. Why would he want her to get into her car? If she was so shitfaced, why not his car?

Security wanted to search my bag heading into a music festival (this was long before they started doing this to everyone) and they weren't checking anyone else's, so I said no. Well there was a cop standing close by and then he came over and he wanted to check and I also said no. The security says no check, no entry, so I said fine I'm not coming in. The cop proceeded to follow me and continue to ask to look in the bag. I kept saying no, none of your business what's in the bag. He was pissed, but too bad for him. His partner came over and basically said forget it.

I have also been pulled over for a broken headlight and asked if it was ok to have a look in my car......um NO, it's not ok.

Spoke to the cops through the locked screen door while hosting a party and they were there on a noise complaint (many years ago). They said they were going to come in and have a look around, I said not unless you have a warrant. I can come out for you to give me the ticket....

I'm not saying to never listen to the police, but you don't have to do something just because they tell you to. You have rights.

At that point she was not drunk behind the wheel of a car and from the looks of it, not under arrest either, therefore under no obligation to follow this !@#$s order to get into her car. Why would he want her to get into her car? If she was so shitfaced, why not his car?

In some instances you wrote you do have rights. Your first example is silly, because your ONLY right is too walk away and not go to the show. Why the 'tude dude?

Because staggering around piss assed drunk on the side of the road is a safety hazzard. Sounds like he was concerned for her safety. Imagine that..........

Because staggering around piss assed drunk on the side of the road is a safety hazzard. Sounds like he was concerned for her safety. Imagine that..........

so put her back in her car so she can drive off?

In some instances you wrote you do have rights. Your first example is silly, because your ONLY right is too walk away and not go to the show. Why the 'tude dude?

That's what I did. The cop followed me, I kept walking.

Try and get out of your car when you've been pulled over and see how you're treated by a cop. Pretty much the way she was. Best to have her in her car with the engine off than staggering around the road.

Try and get out of your car when you've been pulled over and see how you're treated by a cop. Pretty much the way she was. Best to have her in her car with the engine off than staggering around the road.

I have been out of my car while pulled over and not slammed into my vehicle once. I would like to see how this would be handled by 100 different cops. My guess is that 98 or so of them would have handled it a lot better and would not have been arrested themselves

Question authority at all times. The George Carlin school . . .

Not saying you're wrong, just sayin' the cop should not have been fired.

Put her back in her car so that he can continue his investigation of what happened. A drunk person is far more safer seated, in a car, than standing/staggering on the side of the roadway. Also, if you, or anyone else gets pulled over and immediately gets out of their car it sends a big warning flag up for the officer. It is a major officer safety no-no. From my experiences, when involved in a traffic stop and the person rapidly exits their car without being told to do so usually caused the officer I was with to pull his gun. The reasons given were simply because the officer doesn't know who he/she was dealing with. When I went through the police academy we saw several "dash cams" that showed officers approaching cars on "simple" traffic stops only to have the driver, or passenger get out and start fighting with, or worst case shooting at the officer.

Also, you are right in one aspect. If an officer asks to search your belongings, car, or home you can say no. I always found it amusing the amount of people, when asked, would usually say something to the effect of "sure, I've got nothing to hide" then SURPRISE the officer finds drugs in the car or on their person.

I'll say this I think it perfect that Yahoo put it under Entertainment. I can be entertained over and over again watching him slam her to the car after she says "whateverrrrrrr...." I hate that type of attitude.

I enjoy it as well. It means one less criminal with a badge on the streets. :thumbsup:

I enjoy it as well. It means one less criminal with a badge on the streets. :thumbsup:

What's with the piss poor attitude regarding cops? And sounds like you've had a few run ins with them as well. What's up with that? Once again I'm of the opinion you disrespect the police don't come crying when you get face planted on your car.

What's with the piss poor attitude regarding cops? And sounds like you've had a few run ins with them as well. What's up with that? Once again I'm of the opinion you disrespect the police don't come crying when you get face planted on your car.

I have a piss poor attitude towards anyone who abuses their power. You don't get to slam someone's face into a car because of disrespect. That makes you no better than the criminal you are trying to arrest.

When I was a kid, we'd get shot for jaywalking.... and we liked it.

I have a piss poor attitude towards anyone who abuses their power. You don't get to slam someone's face into a car because of disrespect. That makes you no better than the criminal you are trying to arrest.

Several years ago I was buying wine at Kroger but my 19 yr old gf was with me & they carded both of us and refused to sell to me. I sent her out to the car, walked back to the wine section, went to a register at the other end, and bought my bottle. The store cop saw me walking out with a bag after seeing me get shot down at the first register and followed me out asking to see what was in the bag. I thought he was trying to make me bring the bottle back so I politely told him to piss off. After a few minutes of negotiating (for lack of a better word) I realized this guy didn't give a **** if my gf had ID, he thought I stole the bottle. I showed him the receipt, he checked it over, and told me to have a good night. Of course if I'd tried to drive off he could have detained me under suspicion of shoplifting. But by assessing the situation I realized that rather than being an over-zealous !@#$ he was just a guy doing his job.

@Bug - of course you don't always have to do exactly what a cop says at all times. My point is that it is better to try and diffuse a situation where you might get your ass kicked by the police by listening, rather than acting a fool and escalating the matter. In cases where all you have to do is sit and be quiet, I'll take that over going to jail on principle...

http://news.yahoo.co...topstories.html

I don't know, it seemed a little excessive to me to fire the cop for this. He told her multiple times to get back in her car. She was OBVIOUSLY danger to herself and others, and highly intoxicated. Now she's the victim? I guess I'm calloused.

So far what I have been reading, this will not be a popular opinion either.

I'm glad that stupid cop got sent to jail and lost his job.

No man should ever beat a woman like that. She was in the wrong for driving under the influence. Damage was already done. Why hurt her?

I'm not being funny like most of my posts.

That's what the system is for. Not the stupid cop.

I never thought I would have anything in common with a bug. Jk

I would not have liked it on a man. But on a woman??? Stupid cop should know better.

I'm not saying to never listen to the police, but you don't have to do something just because they tell you to.

To each his own but if you have nothing to hide who cares what they search.

So in all 3 examples, the cops never actually told you to do anything:

1. Cop repeatedly asks to look in your bag;

2. Cop asks if it is OK to look in your car;

3. Cop tells you what the cop is planning to do and changes his mind when you mention the need for a warrant - - but at least the way you described it, the cop never actually instructed you to do anything.

I certainly agree that you are never required to give a cop permission to do anything, because you indeed do have rights. And you are also right that an amazingly large number of people stupidly give cops permission to search when they would be within their rights to refuse. But spare me the bravado of saying:

"I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will."

at least until you've refused to do something that a cop actually instructed (as opposed to asked) you to do. Here's what your tale justifies you to say:

"I don't have to allow a cop to do what the cop wants to do, just because the cop asks me for permission to do it. Never have, never will."

Not the same thing as refusing to do what a cop tells you to do.

So in all 3 examples, the cops never actually told you to do anything:

1. Cop repeatedly asks to look in your bag;

2. Cop asks if it is OK to look in your car;

3. Cop tells you what the cop is planning to do and changes his mind when you mention the need for a warrant - - but at least the way you described it, the cop never actually instructed you to do anything.

I certainly agree that you are never required to give a cop permission to do anything, because you indeed do have rights. And you are also right that an amazingly large number of people stupidly give cops permission to search when they would be within their rights to refuse. But spare me the bravado of saying:

"I don't have to do what a cop says, just because he tells me to. Never have, never will."

at least until you've refused to do something that a cop actually instructed (as opposed to asked) you to do. Here's what your tale justifies you to say:

"I don't have to allow a cop to do what the cop wants to do, just because the cop asks me for permission to do it. Never have, never will."

Not the same thing as refusing to do what a cop tells you to do.

Um, Open your bag.....open your door. Yeah sorry I didn't quote the guys word for word. They know how to phrase it, so you think you have to let them.

Edited by thebug