thank you Buddy!!!!!!

Just wanted to take a second and thank Buddy Nix for the job he has done.He has put together a good team,and im really excited about this upcoming season.Tired of bills sucks comments throughout the years and looking forward to shutting some people up.Alot of fans have given up after 2 preseason games,but i still billieve they will rock it and make the playoffs this season.I've waited along time for this,and all i gotta say is Go Bills!!!!!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^What he said!

Now you must be fully prepared to be berated by the self-appointed "realists" who feel it necessary to meet EVERY optimistic post with their pessimism. I don't understand it. Why not let people have a good time? Why the need to pee on everybody's cornflakes? Why the need to call everybody stupid because they aren't as "realistic?"

GO BILLS!!!

^What he said!

Now you must be fully prepared to be berated by the self-appointed "realists" who feel it necessary to meet EVERY optimistic post with their pessimism. I don't understand it. Why not let people have a good time? Why the need to pee on everybody's cornflakes? Why the need to call everybody stupid because they aren't as "realistic?"

GO BILLS!!!

It helps them get through their daily lives. Like a bully who picks on some kid because it makes him or her feel better. Same concept.

Why does it have to be either blind faith or you're a pessimist if you say something negative? I saw what I saw. The starters didn't look good in both games. "Well the Bills didn't game plan and other teams did?" Ok, Why did the Vikings and Redskins find time or it to be necessary to scheme? Why wouldn't we find it necessary? Are we so veteran or on the same page we don't find it necessary to put together drives on offense or stop the other team from doing what ever they want offensively to us?

Why does it have to be either blind faith or you're a pessimist if you say something negative? I saw what I saw. The starters didn't look good in both games. "Well the Bills didn't game plan and other teams did?" Ok, Why did the Vikings and Redskins find time or it to be necessary to scheme? Why wouldn't we find it necessary? Are we so veteran or on the same page we don't find it necessary to put together drives on offense or stop the other team from doing what ever they want offensively to us?

It's not blind faith. It's just understanding that being a whiny little b*itch on an internet message board is not going to do anything. It really won't. If you want to discuss things that you think are negatives, then learn how to discuss it without being unneccessarily harsh and antagonistic.

Guys, lets stop the bantering as I think all of you guys are better than that. I know a bunch of us are unimpressed with a lot for two games, but there are a lot of reasons for the issues.

The things that make me smile:

Ron Brooks could have been an excellent pick

The D Line will be fine when it counts

Fast Feddy will be fine when he actually gets 20-25 carries a game. Just watch how the offense looks better.

I like Stephon. He doesn't have to be a sexy pick. Just keep them from catching it, block on running plays, etc.

I don't worry at all about Byrd and George.

What concerns me and hope it is just because fo preseason, ya da ya da ya da:

The WR timing is horrible, but not so much b/c of Fitzy as his accuracy looks better. These routs need to be run better, and better separation.

I'm really worried we needed that breakout WR to match Stevie, and we don't have it.

We are early, but not our O Line is not giving enough time. We applauded ourselves last year on sacks, but that is b/c Gailey knew it and drew up short timing routs. The problem is good teams go press coverage and then we're screwed which was obvious.

I could keep going, but as many of you stated it's early and we just don't know. I'm not running down the hall with my hair on fire. Neither should anyone else. Just let it play out. There is more than enough time to bash our team in November if they didn't grow.

Last comment. It was so much fun listening to NFL radio today, and the beat reporter for the Jets was announcing, our RT needs to get better as Mario is out there waiting, looming for week 1. I love it. Now let's make it happen and put Sanchez and Baby Jesus in the dirt 10 times in week 1. (I'm not against Tebow, just sick of the hype)

This

I just would like to eat a plate of crow as well as a side of see i told you so and for dessert a nice helping of STFU. But as far as I'm concerned scheme or no scheme i have even more queestions about some of our starters than i did before these two games...should i ignore that feeing in the pit of my stomach that says the 1's look like ****? ok then I will

Bills didnt look so good after 2 preseason games last year either,fitz lloked good vs the jags in the 3rd...Too long ive been waiting for this,and im looking foward to enjoying this season and the future looks bright for a change.If they stay healthy they will give them cheaters a run for the division. Go Bills!!!!

Bills didnt look so good after 2 preseason games last year either,fitz lloked good vs the jags in the 3rd...Too long ive been waiting for this,and im looking foward to enjoying this season and the future looks bright for a change.If they stay healthy they will give them cheaters a run for the division. Go Bills!!!!

Glad you brought that up. This preseason is almost a carbon copy of last year. I remember well the incessant finger-pointing and deluge of gloom and doom posts following the second preseason game in Denver last summer.

GO BILLS!!!

i think that buddy has done a great job, he seems to have done all he could. as a fan i sure appreciate that. as far as the preseason games go, i'm trusting that the coaching staff going after it in a certain way with the intent of evaluating personel in a televised scrimmage atmosphere. there are butts in the seats, and there are tv cameras and broadcasting crews, but this sure as hell isn't football yet. now pass me that kool-aid!

You're right, the starters didn't look great in either of the first two pre-season games. Now take the next step and ask yourself the question; why?

The Bills didn't have a single running play in their first game. They wanted to spread it out and see what happened. That was the plan and they weren't going to deviate from it regardless of what the Redskins did or didn't do. It's hard to look amazing passing the ball when everyone on the field, in the stands, in the booth and watching on TV knows that's what you're doing.

In the Vikings game the Bills came in saying they were going to run the ball and the Vikings openly stated they were focusing on the run. Again, net result is ****ty.

It's not so much how the Bills looked during the two games but rather an evaluation of what they were trying to accomplish. Only the coaches know the full plan so anything else is just fan reaction.

Mike, it took me a little while to understand that Chan just gave the game reins to Fitz and said " call 'em like ya see 'em son" or something to that affect in the no huddle game against Skins.

I dont think anything we are doing in the preseason has anything to do with winning or looking good.

The coaches know our strengths already so they work on challenging the players. And goodness know we have seen that.

Like Sheppard Friday nite. Leaving him in so long.

There is almost always more than meets the eye especially when trying to understand coaching motivators at the NFL level.

Nice post sir.

Edited by 3rdand12