Jason Witten

i view him as a 2nd tier QB. Did HE lose those playoff games? I don't get why QB's are tagged with wins and losses when it's a team sport.

Typically I would agree with you on the team sport thing. However, I am referring to the playoff game in which he fumbled the ball during the field goal, and the Cowboys lost to the Seahawks. There is another playoff game (I need to look up) where he had like 3 fumbles and an INT and was just horrible. So yes, in those cases, he directly lost them the game.

Part of it is that he's the Cowboys QB. But as eball points out, he's got solid career numbers. Other "elite" QBs have struggled to find playoff wins. Rivers is 3-4 in playoff games. Look at P. Manning (the "best ever", right?)--he had 11 playoff seasons. 7 of them were one and dones--first round losses--7! He was 9-10 overall.

Good point with Rivers. But when I watch Rivers, I can understand why he is thought of as being elite. Good arm, good presence, doesnt make many bad throws, can run his offense. With Romo, it just looks like some guy won a bar contest to play QB for a day. Just my opinion. Was just wondering what others thought, or if they saw him the same way.

i view him as a 2nd tier QB. Did HE lose those playoff games? I don't get why QB's are tagged with wins and losses when it's a team sport. To tell you the truth, he is the offense. Personally I think Miles Austin is overrated and Romo made hm what he is today. When I look at a good QB, I look at the players he's surrounded with. Is Laurent Robinson and Miles Austin REALLY that good? No, I think Romo makes them look a lot better than they are. Like Drew Brees does with Meachem, Colston, Moore, and Henderson. Laurent Robinson should be praising Romo for making him a lot of money this offseason.

The guy needs major help and a better o-line. I hate the Cowboys but I like Romo and Witten. Romo makes plays when there's nothing there and thats always a sign of a good QB. Since taking over as QB in 2006, the Cowboys passing attack has always been top 10 in the league and has completed close to 65% of his passes. The dude can flat out play.

Robinson isn't anything very special, but Austin is very good when he's healthy. Coupled with Witten and Dez Bryant, who should be ready to break out this year, Romo has plenty of talent to work with. Now, about that offensive line...

Typically I would agree with you on the team sport thing. However, I am referring to the playoff game in which he fumbled the ball during the field goal, and the Cowboys lost to the Seahawks. There is another playoff game (I need to look up) where he had like 3 fumbles and an INT and was just horrible. So yes, in those cases, he directly lost them the game.

Good point with Rivers. But when I watch Rivers, I can understand why he is thought of as being elite. Good arm, good presence, doesnt make many bad throws, can run his offense. With Romo, it just looks like some guy won a bar contest to play QB for a day. Just my opinion. Was just wondering what others thought, or if they saw him the same way.

I tend to be a Romo supporter because it seems like he's running for his life quite often. Plus, props to him for having to put up with the circus of TO, Jerry Jones, and Dallas in general.

I'd take Rivers over Romo though.

Edited by stony

Sure he fumbled the snap and hold but what idiotic coach has their starting QB hold kicks? That is a MAJOR coaching flaw if you ask me. Romo fumbled the snap but he shouldn't have been placed in that predicament in the 1st place. He choked as a placeholder in that game. Not as QB.

The 3 fumbles and the INT sounds like the

playoff game with MIN after the blow out

win over PHI or the playoff game with NYG

where he threw the INT late in the 4th.

why are we discussing the cowboys?

Jason Witten's injury is NFL news.

Wasn't Stephen Jones just boasting to Mo Claiborne how he should be more like Witten and play through the pain/injury? Maybe Stephen Jones needs to stop "Jinxing" his team and keep his mouth closed....

Stephen also said 'you can't make the club

in the tub" referring to the rehab hot tub.

Sure he fumbled the snap and hold but what idiotic coach has their starting QB hold kicks? That is a MAJOR coaching flaw if you ask me. Romo fumbled the snap but he shouldn't have been placed in that predicament in the 1st place. He choked as a placeholder in that game. Not as QB.

If I recall it was because it was a duty he performed as the backup and when he got elevated to starter they didn't want to mess with the kickers mojo.

Edit: btw that "idiot coach" was bill parcells

Edited by section122

Career numbers aren't much different between the 2. And Rivers was a top pick. And he has the worst windup in the league--it's an ugly delivery, but it works.

Separate question: Why does Tony Romo get so much love as a "Top Tier" QB?

He has ONE playoff victory, and at least 2 playoff losses where he directly cost them the game. I've never watched him and said "I wish we had a guy like that on our team".

Does he just get hyped because he is the "Cowboys QB" and that status is supposed to mean something?

I dont get it...

He kicked our sorry A** in the 1st quarter last year!!!!!

Separate question: Why does Tony Romo get so much love as a "Top Tier" QB?

He has ONE playoff victory, and at least 2 playoff losses where he directly cost them the game. I've never watched him and said "I wish we had a guy like that on our team".

Does he just get hyped because he is the "Cowboys QB" and that status is supposed to mean something?

I dont get it...

Romo is a good QB and I would love to have him as the Bills Starter any day. The problem is that unlike the "Jimmy Johnson" Dynasty, the Cowboys have never given Romo a good team to back him up. When you put the game on the shoulders of the QB without much supporting cast, you are likely to be the scape goat for many of the failures. The cowboys defense is just plain horrible.

It just goes to show that who really built that team in the 90s.

He kicked our sorry A** in the 1st quarter last year!!!!!

Romo is a good QB and I would love to have him as the Bills Starter any day. The problem is that unlike the "Jimmy Johnson" Dynasty, the Cowboys have never given Romo a good team to back him up. When you put the game on the shoulders of the QB without much supporting cast, you are likely to be the scape goat for many of the failures. The cowboys defense is just plain horrible.

It just goes to show that who really built that team in the 90s.

Outstanding points especially the Jimmy Johnson one!

Jimmy Johnson drafted well and no one has

since he left which has contributed to the

lack of supporting class.