Greatest Bills K Ever

Nukethis

Scott Norwood made several high pressure kicks to elevate the Bills to their highest point. He'd be my vote even though he missed the biggest kick in franchise history.

Who cares what Lindell has done. For the most part, same with Christie. If you miss a kick and lose another game on a 6-10 team, does anyone notice.

An argument must be made for eras here though. Norwood wasn't extremely accurate and range wise wasn't as impressive either. You'd have to argue his stats over his peers to get me to buy the case.

Lining up for a kick today (obviously controlled for either guy in his prime) I'd take Christie and Lindell by a mile over Norwood.

You might argue he was more prolific in his era though.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Anderson but Buffalo waived him............lol

http://en.wikipedia....n_(placekicker)

If I'm not mistaken, Anderson purposely missed all of his kicks in preseason so that the Bills would have no choice but to waive him. The Bills were woeful and he didn't want to play for the team. Despite his amazing career, I think the stigma of that bush league move should have stuck to him far more than it did.

If I'm not mistaken, Anderson purposely missed all of his kicks in preseason so that the Bills would have no choice but to waive him. The Bills were woeful and he didn't want to play for the team. Despite his amazing career, I think the stigma of that bush league move should have stuck to him far more than it did.

This is nothing but a "conspiracy theory"… but a quite popular one.

Pete Gogolak. Incontrovertible statement of fact.

Besides changing the style of kicking forever, his departure started the inter-league player raids that ultimately led to the NFL-AFL merger. Plus, he went to Cornell.

The Bills have not won a league championship since he left.