"Mayhem" Interview

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's because we took Maybin over Arakpo! What a monstrous failure of judgement. Arakpo looked like the hulk and Maybin looked like a little kid and still does. How could they have passed on Arakpo.

Maybe when the Bills sent the card up to the podium, they misspelled his name and the Commish became confused?

Seriously, lots of people here were looking at photos of the guy (ie-Vernon Davis photo) and saying "he's too thin to play NFL football."

However many more people were very impressed with the size of his biceps and reassured by his listed height/weight… as if frame size doesn't matter…

Haven't seen this posted yet, but I'm sure it'll be pointed out if it was.

Today's New York Post's article on Maybin is amusing. I'm looking past the first first ten paragraphs of Buffalo-related stuff. I'll quote from there, bolding the parts that made me shake my head:

This offseason, Maybin has packed on the pounds. He reached 254 pounds before dropping down to 240 before camp. It is a challenge for Maybin to keep weight on. He said he’s needed IVs during camp because he has lost as much as 10 pounds during a practice.

At lunch, he puts on a show. He said his usual lunch consists of 4-8 chicken breast, a steak or fish, a salad, a vegetable, and a “really big” bowl of fruit.
Maybin said the Jets plan on using his metabolism to their advantage this season. If they face a run-heavy team, he will add weight. A pass heavy team? He will lose it.

“I can gain or lose 20 pounds in a 3-day period,” Maybin said. “It’s ridiculous.”

I'm no doctor, but I'd like to hear from one or two on this board. How can this possibly be healthy? Has a player ever been used in this manner? To me, this is an injury waiting to happen on Opening Day, and continues to prove that Rex is a complete moron.

But I'd love the pros' take.

BA

I cannot think that is healthy to do to a person or for his playing style

Why is TBD so obsessed with former Bills players they don't like?

I can only answer for myself, but I'm still interested in this story because:

1 -- I'm pissed Dick Jauron made this pick as a desperation move

2 -- Maybin came to Buffalo as a cocky SOB who hired Lavar freaking Arrington as his "advisor" and was then the longest holdout for the Bills this decade

3 -- Maybin couldn't even get on the field as a ST'er because he is so damn dumb

4 -- Maybin's "success" with the Jets is a mirage...yet he keeps yapping as though he's tearing up the league

5 -- Maybin has hinted he wasn't given a "fair shot" in Buffalo, which is a load of b.s.

I will only be "happy" when the Bills beat the Jets and Maybin is knocked flat on his ass by FredEx. Maybin doesn't deserve the millions he has already pocketed, so I won't feel bad when he has flamed out of the league within the next couple of years. I've said it in other threads -- Fitz should audible to a running play right at "Mayhem" every time he's in the game.

I will give someone a nickel if they count the number of "you know's"...

i got 52!!!!!! please give me my nickel please. i was really hoping it was 51, that would be mayhem!!

I will admit i feel like ron in anhorman, Milk was a bad choice, and so was watching this video and counting.

Makes me wonder if there is one individual for that entire organization that isn't in that category.

I'm sure there is ONE every year. But in general that whole team is full of them. Moreso than even that Pats, who's dousch factor is higher overall simply due to Brady.

2 -- Maybin came to Buffalo as a cocky SOB who hired Lavar freaking Arrington as his "advisor" and was then the longest holdout for the Bills this decade

3 -- Maybin couldn't even get on the field as a ST'er because he is so damn dumb

4 -- Maybin's "success" with the Jets is a mirage...yet he keeps yapping as though he's tearing up the league

5 -- Maybin has hinted he wasn't given a "fair shot" in Buffalo, which is a load of b.s.

I will only be "happy" when the Bills beat the Jets and Maybin is knocked flat on his ass by FredEx. Maybin doesn't deserve the millions he has already pocketed, so I won't feel bad when he has flamed out of the league within the next couple of years. I've said it in other threads -- Fitz should audible to a running play right at "Mayhem" every time he's in the game.

Well said. I think you have accurately expressed why so many are pissed off at Maybin. He knew he sucked, that's why he held out as long as he did: to get the most money he could now before he was exposed. I'm really pissed at Jauron and Co. for drafting him so high. Where has he said he was not given a fair shot in Buffalo? He was given MORE than a fair shot. If that's true, we should run him over every play. Eric Wood should knock him on his a$$.

I guess I move on quicker than most. :)

Honestly, I usually do as well. For the reasons indicated, however, Maybin just sticks in my craw. It would be one thing if he had been a great guy, or you could tell he was really trying to get better, or something...but he was just a completely clueless idiot, and still is.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Jets - panthers game last night. Rex made Maybin play the entire game. Late in the 4th qtr, 3rd string WR's are blocking out of the play. Not one tackle or sniff. I'm sure he doesn't survive the 53 man cut down day.

I haven't seen him in practice but have seen him in every scrimmage so far and he's been noticeably absent. I saw him whiff on a tackle when Newton scrambled for a first down last night, but other than that it was the usual running himself out of the play or easily getting handled by whomever was blocking him. Ironically, the Jets' D has been pretty impressive all summer but Maybin hasn't contributed to it at all from what I've seen. And if he's not impressing against 2nd and 3rd stringers that can't be a good sign for him. He may well end up getting cut.

GO BILLS!!!

I haven't seen him in practice but have seen him in every scrimmage so far and he's been noticeably absent. I saw him whiff on a tackle when Newton scrambled for a first down last night, but other than that it was the usual running himself out of the play or easily getting handled by whomever was blocking him. Ironically, the Jets' D has been pretty impressive all summer but Maybin hasn't contributed to it at all from what I've seen. And if he's not impressing against 2nd and 3rd stringers that can't be a good sign for him. He may well end up getting cut.

GO BILLS!!!

But teams will eventually forget about him and that's when he sneaks up on them!

But teams will eventually forget about him and that's when he sneaks up on them!

True. He's very crafty that way.

I honestly am not trying to slam him, but as a football player, he is just not impressive. The MOST football like thing I've seen him do is rush the punter from the edge. He's actually pretty good at that from what I've seen these last two weeks. And he hustles to the whistle, which is admirable. Other than that, he's just doesn't look very much like a football player.

GO BILLS!!!

It's worth posting this reminder that Rex Ryan has a vested interest in giving Maybin as many chances as possible--- from Chris Brown's 9/29/10 blog at buffalobills.com shortly after the Jets re-signed him:

Jets head coach Rex Ryan knows Aaron Maybin a bit more than the average NFL head coach that doesn’t have him on their roster.

That’s because Ryan’s kids went to the same high school as Maybin in Baltimore when he was the Ravens’ defensive coordinator.

Why is everyone trashing him on here???

Yeah I was disappointed with him when he was here, but what was really wrong with this interview?? He came off s a real level headed guy who didn't make himself look like a idiot thug, if this were a bill in this interview saying the same exact words everyone would be praising him ...

Get off his back and gets with your lives..he is gone and is not comming back so who really cares about him or what he has to say anymore, if you are overly concerned with Aaron Maybin then you need to get a life .

Why is everyone trashing him on here???

Yeah I was disappointed with him when he was here, but what was really wrong with this interview?? He came off s a real level headed guy who didn't make himself look like a idiot thug, if this were a bill in this interview saying the same exact words everyone would be praising him ...

Get off his back and gets with your lives..he is gone and is not comming back so who really cares about him or what he has to say anymore, if you are overly concerned with Aaron Maybin then you need to get a life .

There are plenty of non-thug idiots. More power to him if he succeeds, but it won't be in rocket science (or likely football).

No hard feelings for his draft spot, just not impressed with him as a whole.

Let us do this right.

Firstly, as Mayhem unleashes his burst to the outside of Cordy Glenn while in pass pro. Mr Glenn recognizes speed but takes a half step out while extending his left arm fully. Making firm contact with the alledged "pass rusher " grabbing the subject by his collar with one arm. Lifting and then tossing Mr mayhem forward upon his buttocks. as the young man tries to stand ( foolish at this point, i know ) Our FULLBACK proceeds to incure road rash upon his current victim. and then as for dessert Freddie does a bit of hello goodbye upon our fair and beloved Maybeknots skull and important fingers.

Eball, i agree we should go at him a couple times. Just because.