What songs make you think of High School?

CosmicBills

I know there have been similar threads before, but I'm in need of some new music. Specifically ones that resonated with you while you were in high school. I always listen to music while I work and usually cater the playlist around whatever I'm writing about. In this case, I need some High School mojo asap.

Figured there are enough music junkies on Off The Wall with good suggestions! Might make a fun thread if you give a bit of a reason why your particular song will always be associated with High School in your mind.

I know there have been similar threads before, but I'm in need of some new music. Specifically ones that resonated with you while you were in high school. I always listen to music while I work and usually cater the playlist around whatever I'm writing about. In this case, I need some High School mojo asap.

Figured there are enough music junkies on Off The Wall with good suggestions! Might make a fun thread if you give a bit of a reason why your particular song will always be associated with High School in your mind.

I didn't listen to music in High school because I was too busy planning my business so I could make $$$$$$.

I asked Sage which song reminds him most of High School. He said this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

I don't get it.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

"Angel" -Aerosmith

"I Remember You" -Skid Row

"Girl You Know it's True" -Milli Vanilli

"When I'm With You" -Sheriff

"Buffalo Stance" - Neenah Cherry (sp?)

"Wild Thing" -Ton Loc

"Here I Go Again" -Whitesnake

Anything from GnR Appetite for Destruction

"Pour Some Sugar on Me" -Def Leppard

"Kokomo" -Beach Boys

"Nothing Compares 2U" -Sinead O'Connor (big time nostalgic)

"Can't Touch This" -MC Hammer

"Free Fallin'" -Tom Petty

I think the main reason why some of these songs really resonated with me was because I was finally sort of coming into my own by the time I hit age 16 and 17. My dad had moved us all around the country growing up, so I was not always just the pudgy kid, but also the one who had the fewest number of bonds with my classmates. I moved to Rochester before the 8th grade, and we finally put down some roots so by the time I hit junior and senior year I really had developed some solid relationships. It was also the time when I shed my baby fat, became one of the "jocks", got some attention from the ladies, and started to spread my wings a bit. So some of these songs reflect the way I started really allowing myself to realistically feel the potential for some romance, and also the point where I finally sort of developed a comfort level in my own skin and began to gain some status in the eyes of others. Hated fresh/soph years, but end of Jr and all of senior year were some great times.

Edited by ajzepp

Well, after you trashed Nirvana . . .

I just never got them. Even if I did I do not think I would want to remember High School as a dark and dirty music video like Teen Spirit. My High School experience was far from superior but its a lot easier to smile with Len then it is with a lot of the grunge.

Don't let me kill this thread, it's got potential.