D.Bell demoted to second team in Philly

Max997

I find it interesting and comical actually that D.Bell has already been demoted to second team in Philly after only one preseason. Of course this could be meaningless and a motivational tactic but he was terrible in his first game and has been getting ripped since

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It always amuses me to see how much pleasure some posters take in seeing ex-Bills fail, whether the failure is real or imagined. I don't live in Buffalo, so perhaps I don't know about Bell telling Buffalo to kiss his ass when he was offered a better contract to sign with a team who thought more of him than the brass at One Bills Drive. Sure, Bell frustrated the hell out of me at times, but I don't remember seeing him give less than a good effort on the field (when he was healthy) or rip the organization unfairly.

It always amuses me to see how much pleasure some posters take in seeing ex-Bills fail, whether the failure is real or imagined. I don't live in Buffalo, so perhaps I don't know about Bell telling Buffalo to kiss his ass when he was offered a better contract to sign with a team who thought more of him than the brass at One Bills Drive. Sure, Bell frustrated the hell out of me at times, but I don't remember seeing him give less than a good effort on the field (when he was healthy) or rip the organization unfairly.

This is a more than fair observation. Bell was seemingly a stand-up guy who wasn't seen as the long term answer at LT by OBD. We can't complain about that as he was a later round draft pick who played at a mid-round draft pick level. He did what was right and took the opportunity that was given to him. Surely, the Bills did not present that opportunity as the goal is to find the long term LT. He is an overpaid band-aid in Philly, waiting for Peters to return in 13/14. I don't hold that against him.

Edited by VanCity

I'd guess this is maybe 10% towards bell (the classic "oh you think youre too good for us" because he left) and 90% a case of people wanting to say "I told you so"

Edited by NoSaint

Is it really that hard to understand?

None of these individuals means anything to me as a person outside of the uniform they wear. Although I view them all as I view any human being--I wish them no terrible ill, hope they and the people who matter to them are well and happy--I am weak enough to indulge in a bit of Schadenfreude when they put on a different uniform and do not do as well.

It makes as much sense as anything else in sports fandom makes sense.

I want to have with that the Bills brass know what they are doing. When they let vets leave and those players don't succeed it's some evidence that the front office made the right decision.

http://www.csnphilly...5221&feedID=704

INTERESTING......."Asked if he got any explanation for the demotion, Bell said no. Asked if he considers this a temporary setback, he said, “I can’t really say at this time.” Bell did say that as long as he’s on the roster, he considers himself the first-teamer: “If I’m on a team, I consider myself the starter.” OK, good for you D.

It must be something in the water in Philadelphia. They offer insane contracts in every sport to guys that

cant possibly live up to the hype. Shea Weber, Moyer, Halladay, Lee, Bell, .....

Actually......"Bell signed a five-year deal worth $34.5 million but it included only $2 million in bonus money and a modest $1.15 million 2012 base salary, so the Eagles could get out of the deal fairly painlessly if they want."

Edited by Cville Bills