No Huddle / The Amish Rifle

It worked because of the QB running it. Manning is the only other QB to do the same thing successfully. Fitz can't carry Kelly or Mannings jock

And the HOF receiver, and the HOF running back, and the other receiver who should be in the HOF, and the four Pro Bowl OLmen, plus a fifth who should have been.

But other than that, it was all Kelly.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the HOF receiver, and the HOF running back, and the other receiver who should be in the HOF, and the four Pro Bowl OLmen, plus a fifth who should have been.

GO BILLS!!!

Honestly. Either arguments here both point to the fact that the CURRENT Bills don't have any of that right now. On paper and hypothetically sure, but getting it done is something else all together. Which I my whole point to begin with, at this point we should probably worry about making a few first Downs before we try reliving history of the offensive scheme that's really only been perfected by 2 teams in history.

No. But I will be covering my eyes.

Fitz's chain-moving skills aren't feared by anyone Figs. -Just the opposite. Opposing D's know they just have to wait for an imminent mistake from our signal-caller and then make the most of it.

No huddle? -Please. If there was a way to have MORE huddles in between downs, I'd recomend it for Ftzpatrick.

More huddles!!!! That is hilarious. I guess I am not allowed to chime in all that much, but the idea of more huddles would be a good one for the Bills on offense!!

GO BILLS!!!

Ok, and if you do not have all those other weapons, why expose your QB then? I do not believe the coaching staff has even done Fitz any favors, and really has not put him in a position to succeed.

... Ok, and if you do not have all those other weapons, why expose your QB then? I do not believe the coaching staff has even done Fitz any favors, and really has not put him in a position to succeed.

You don't wait until you have all the pieces. You keep assembling them and hoping for the best out of each position. While it's nice to have All Pros at every position, no GM or coach in their right mind assembles a team with that thought in mind. Those Bills teams were lightning in a bottle. They all made each other great. My point was that Kelly didn't do it alone and not only that, but he had superior talent at mulitple positions around him.

Chan and Buddy are under no illusions that Fitz is an All Pro QB. He's just the best they have at the moment and until they find that "10-15 year guy" that they've mentioned on several occasions.

GO BILLS!!!

Myself personally, I have always been a big fan of the K-Gun. Especially considering how successful it was for Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills during the Superbowl era. Given Ryan Fitzpatricks high intelligence/ ability to read and react swiftly, running a form of the no huddle would allow the Bills QB to use his best attribute while attacking opposing Defenses, Fitzpatricks Brain.

I realize the 1st preseason game got of to a rocky start on Offense, but everyone needs to keep in mind Gailey and Co. are trying out something old/ new and I for one really like the idea.

I Billieve...

No thanks, putting more pressure on Fitz is a big mistake, he just isn't an elite QB. Instead Chan should use Fitz like Harbaugh used Alex Smith; solid running game, smart passes to backs and TEs with a perfectly timed deep pass.

No thanks, putting more pressure on Fitz is a big mistake, he just isn't an elite QB. Instead Chan should use Fitz like Harbaugh used Alex Smith; solid running game, smart passes to backs and TEs with a perfectly timed deep pass.

Agree, the Fitz/Alex Smith use is exactly how it should play out. For all the Fitzlovers that take that as a slight keep in mind Alex Smith did have some 250-300 yard performances so it's not that bad.......Fitz is and an INT machine when not kept in check.....he started off preseason game with Ez INT that was dropped

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I think the the execution last Thursday was undoubtedly a failure. The question is, did it not work because we are ill suited to it or because it was the first preseason game and we are nowhere near ready?

We've seen games where Fitz can undoubtedly make the reads to open things up. Also, normally, the no huddle doesn't preclude the run game where we will have two very, VERY good Running Backs. Our D looked as good as it has in years, so I can understand putting some faith in them.

It deserves some experimentation, but I hope they aren't putting all their eggs in one basket on it.

I wasn't actually comparing the two QB's but we can.

While Kelly might have Fitzpatrick beat hands down when it comes to arm strength, its just as lopsided the other way when it comes to intelligence or reading Defenses. No huddle makes it practically impossible to substitute properly and not very many teams have a QB that knows the offense so well he can call plays from the huddle the way Ryan Fitzpatrick can.

So I hope your not going to be to dissapointed then when the Bills start running a form of the no huddle 60% of the time.

So Fitzpatrick is now better at reading defenses than the guy who called almost every play en route to 4 straight super bowl appearances? You can't be serious. Fitz may be "smarter" than Jim Kelly, but to say he can read defenses better than Kelly?!? You seriously believe this?

So Fitzpatrick is now better at reading defenses than the guy who called almost every play en route to 4 straight super bowl appearances? You can't be serious. Fitz may be "smarter" than Jim Kelly, but to say he can read defenses better than Kelly?!? You seriously believe this?

Yes, I do believe Fitz can read defenses better, especially in this day and age.

Jim Kelly had a cannon of an arm and better accuracy that allowed him to make throws into tighter windows that Fitz could never make. Kelly also had a Championship caliber supporting cast featuring good TE's that caught the football well even in heavy traffic.

Edited by Fig Newton

The reason to have a no huddle set up is to attack against teams theat are big with situational substitutions.

Right you are! It is also more demanding of the QB, and I think Gailey wanted to have him perform under demanding conditions. Fitz knows the "regular offense" already. I trust that Gailey knows what the offense/Fitz needs to work on, and likely feels they need to be better against those kinds of defenses (Patriots). People here are completely over-reacting. They aren't going to use the No-Huddle as some kind of "base offense".

Edited by Matthews' Bag