No Huddle / The Amish Rifle

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't actually comparing the two QB's but we can.

While Kelly might have Fitzpatrick beat hands down when it comes to arm strength, its just as lopsided the other way when it comes to intelligence or reading Defenses. No huddle makes it practically impossible to substitute properly and not very many teams have a QB that knows the offense so well he can call plays from the huddle the way Ryan Fitzpatrick can.

So I hope your not going to be to dissapointed then when the Bills start running a form of the no huddle 60% of the time.

No. But I will be covering my eyes.

Fitz's chain-moving skills aren't feared by anyone Figs. -Just the opposite. Opposing D's know they just have to wait for an imminent mistake from our signal-caller and then make the most of it.

No huddle? -Please. If there was a way to have MORE huddles in between downs, I'd recomend it for Ftzpatrick.

Ha, well at least you owned up like a man and blamed it on your wife.
No, it was all my fault. -She's only responsible for dashing my hopes of being an A-list actor. I could have been one you know.... :flirt: Edited by #34fan

I don't really like it with Fitz it running and I'm a Fitz guy. I don't see the need for it. Huddle. Get it right. Take a little more time off the clock. Give your D a longer blow.

No huddle is good if you got a guy like Machine Gun Kelly, Peyton Manning, or John Elway. I just don't think Fitz and the rest of the team is there yet.

No. But I will be covering my eyes.

Fitz's chain-moving skills aren't feared by anyone Figs. -Just the opposite. Opposing D's know they just have to wait for an imminent mistake from our signal-caller and then make the most of it.

No huddle? -Please. If there was a way to have MORE huddles in between downs, I'd recomend it for Ftzpatrick.

One thing I will say/post on the negative side of things is running the no huddle properly takes a lot of time and practice. Its probably not something you want to do with a young and inexperienced O-line/ football team because it doesn't allow the QB any interactions with his own players between plays.

One thing I will say/post on the negative side of things is running the no huddle properly takes a lot of time and practice. Its probably not something you want to do with a young and inexperienced O-line/ football team because it doesn't allow the QB any interactions with his own players between plays.

I'll nit-pick a little and say that the no-huddle, if not a hurry-up no-huddle, offers just as much time to interact with your players as when huddling up. Those calls and hand signals at the line DO take some practice and you need smart players to do it properly.

Your point about an inexperienced line is spot on. But again, a normal paced no-huddle isn't the problem, it's an OLman's ability to execute, regardless.

As others have pointed out, Chan deliberately threw his young OTs to the wolves to get an immediate baptism under fire and to see what other wide-outs not named Stevie Johnson can bring to that type of game situation.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll nit-pick a little and say that the no-huddle, if not a hurry-up no-huddle, offers just as much time to interact with your players as when huddling up. Those calls and hand signals at the line DO take some practice and you need smart players to do it properly.

Your point about an inexperienced line is spot on. But again, a normal paced no-huddle isn't the problem, it's an OLman's ability to execute, regardless.

As others have pointed out, Chan deliberately threw his young OTs to the wolves to get an immediate baptism under fire and to see what other wide-outs not named Stevie Johnson can bring to that type of game situation.

GO BILLS!!!

Good post K-9 , thanks

Must've fell and bumped your head, figs because you DID NOT Just compare Ryan Pickspatrick to four-time AFC Champion Jim Kelly. -Clearly you're concussed. When you feel better, try practicing this equation:

Ryan Fitzpatrick + No huddle = Pick 6 going the other way.

You don't need to be Einstein to figure that one out.

Oooh, thats just mean man!

Myself personally, I have always been a big fan of the K-Gun. Especially considering how successful it was for Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills during the Superbowl era. Given Ryan Fitzpatricks high intelligence/ ability to read and react swiftly, running a form of the no huddle would allow the Bills QB to use his best attribute while attacking opposing Defenses, Fitzpatricks Brain.

I realize the 1st preseason game got of to a rocky start on Offense, but everyone needs to keep in mind Gailey and Co. are trying out something old/ new and I for one really like the idea.

I Billieve...

It worked because of the QB running it. Manning is the only other QB to do the same thing successfully. Fitz can't carry Kelly or Mannings jock