Vince Young Owes 1.69 Million Dollar Loan

Ball'n

It's amazing how these people blow through 10's, if not 100's of millions of dollars in such a short period of time and end up in bankrupcy. I guess they just gotta "ball", "make it rain" in every strip joint they pass, buy out the bar wherever they go, start a car lot that includes a Bentley or a Maybach, and have that 10,000 sq ft mansion.

According to the article, this is a "VERY high risk" loan which allowed PPF to come calling for the full amount if Young missed a payment.

Sounds more like they would be sending Rocky Balboa after him if he missed a payment. Good luck Vince.

It's amazing how these people blow through 10's, if not 100's of millions of dollars in such a short period of time and end up in bankrupcy. I guess they just gotta "ball", "make it rain" in every strip joint they pass, buy out the bar wherever they go, start a car lot that includes a Bentley or a Maybach, and have that 10,000 sq ft mansion.

you know what? i used to think the exact same thing.

and i don't know YOU personally, but im guessing we would be grouped in the same demographic with regards to race, gender, and age - give or take a few years. my point being, i (like you,) like to think of myself as having my life pretty well in order, with a good head on my shoulders.

without getting into details, i came into a large sum of money about half a decade back--nothing nefarious, or illegal, just nothing i particularly feel like discussing. a few things:

a) seeing that money every morning in my bank account was one of the most amazing feelings i have ever, or probably will ever have. being twenty-something, and waking up every morning without a financial care in the world was incredible. the sun shined brighter, the music sounded better, food tasted better. anyone who says money can't buy happiness is lying.

b) the money was gone and i was in crippling debt in under a year. i can't even remember how it happened, to be honest. death by a thousand paper cuts. 500$ here, 500$ there. i wasn't "making it rain," i was just making decisions with no basis in fiscal reality. no kids, no cars, no nothing - i just lost it all.

c) if i ever come into money again, ill know what to do the second time around. maybe.

d) never, EVER, be too hard on these athletes for blowing their money. it would be even EASIER for them--i was dealing with a sum we can all come to terms with on a practical level... but millions? come on man, thats an unimaginable sum.

people are always saying "i'd save my money." well, if the offseason came around, you were a buffalo bill with 2 million in the bank, and stevie johnson says "hey, we rented a villa on the southern coast of italy for june. its right next to the sports illustrated swim suit photo shoot hotel. about 10 of us are going. 25,000$ for the month, you in?" you still saving that money? of course not. youre booking your plane ticket. first class, of course.

and i don't know YOU personally, but im guessing we would be grouped in the same demographic with regards to race, gender, and age - give or take a few years. my point being, i (like you,) like to think of myself as having my life pretty well in order, with a good head on my shoulders.

without getting into details, i came into a large sum of money about half a decade back--nothing nefarious, or illegal, just nothing i particularly feel like discussing. a few things:

a) seeing that money every morning in my bank account was one of the most amazing feelings i have ever, or probably will ever have. being twenty-something, and waking up every morning without a financial care in the world was incredible. the sun shined brighter, the music sounded better, food tasted better. anyone who says money can't buy happiness is lying.

b) the money was gone and i was in crippling debt in under a year. i can't even remember how it happened, to be honest. death by a thousand paper cuts. 500$ here, 500$ there. i wasn't "making it rain," i was just making decisions with no basis in fiscal reality. no kids, no cars, no nothing - i just lost it all.

c) if i ever come into money again, ill know what to do the second time around. maybe.

d) never, EVER, be too hard on these athletes for blowing their money. it would be even EASIER for them--i was dealing with a sum we can all come to terms with on a practical level... but millions? come on man, thats an unimaginable sum.

people are always saying "i'd save my money." well, if the offseason came around, you were a buffalo bill with 2 million in the bank, and stevie johnson says "hey, we rented a villa on the southern coast of italy for june. its right next to the sports illustrated swim suit photo shoot hotel. about 10 of us are going. 25,000$ for the month, you in?" you still saving that money? of course not. youre booking your plane ticket. first class, of course.

Just because you blew your cash as well, doesn't make these athletes any smarter.

If I had that much money I would make sure I had enough to live off of for quite some time, if not my whole life. I have family that worked in the financial sector of the government though so I have had a little more guidance than others. I understand what you are saying about this and truly I do understand how they blow it all. I think about what I would've done if I had money like that when in my early 20's and had no kids. Drugs, women, and lavish items would've drained me dry. It's just like Big said, "Mo money, mo problems". I'm sure they have every 5th cousin on their aunt's baby's daddy's side trying to get a dime. It still amazes me that it takes place though. They live the rockstar/rapstar lifestyle and do whatever it is they do to end up flat broke. People like Allen Iverson, Terrell Owens, and countless others. There are people like Mark Brunnell who get into bad investments and lose it all as well, but it's mainly people just throwing it around like it will always stream in. Well, I hope all is well with you now my friend and it seems like you learned from your experience, which is definitely a good thing.

Edited by H2o

How large is large? My definition of a large sum of money may be different than yours.

When you come into a large sum of money like many athletes do there really is no excuse for not being able to hire a decent financial adviser. I have absolutely NO sympathy for someone that can blow that much money that fast.

When you come into a large sum of money like many athletes do there really is no excuse for not being able to hire a decent financial adviser. I have absolutely NO sympathy for someone that can blow that much money that fast.

Problem is, half the time those are the people giving terrible advice