Vince Young & Tyler Thigpen are both brutal at QB, but...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked like Thigpen knew the playbook better FWIW. WHen he had time and could make a confident throw, he delivered to TJ. VY obviously gives you the scrambling but seemed kinda' clueless about the plays/coverages. IF they could just morph the two guys into one, you may have a serviceable backup. We are screwed if Fitz goes down.

We are screwed if Fitz goes down.

Yep. I do wonder what VY would be like geting the #1 reps/preparation, but I would be slightly more confident having VY come off the bench if Fitz gets hurt (heaven forbid).

I actually wonder if one of the two will get cut after the next preseason game, allowing them to focus hard on the one they keep while giving Brad a few snaps to get him in sync with the offense.

Still, Brad Smith at the end was completely overmatched by the Redskins #3's. Didn't help that Haslett was blitzing on every play but Brad does not even look like a #3 QB to me.

Good for you....I couldn't stand it, left before Smith got on the field.

I really hope the Bills pick up a young QB(with at least a little promise) to act as the #3, or to put on the PS. I'm not even sure why Brad Smith is taking QB snaps. He isn't making the team as a QB, and he attempted ONE pass out of the wildcat last year, so why bother.

Still, Brad Smith at the end was completely overmatched by the Redskins #3's. Didn't help that Haslett was blitzing on every play but Brad does not even look like a #3 QB to me.

because hes a #3 qb in title only.

if fitz got put on the shelf, wed bring in someone else to be VY/thigs backup. and brad would still be #3.

Young still seems to have that inate ability to make plays when they are needed (although not much to show for it last night). His passes though...wow, they were as bad as I've seen, missing wide open guys by 10 feet. I think he is the #2 (there is probably a joke there) but if he is forced into action, they need to run a draw it up in the sand offense. As for Brad Smith, he look like he has zero interest in throwing the ball.

Edited by todzilla

I said it in the shoutbox, might as well say it here too. Cut Thigpen today. Get Young every rep possible; there isn't any reason for him to have to give them up to Thigpen.

Should have cut thigpen last year. I don't like the fact Gailey has this attachment to players that played for him in the past (and sucked). Thigpen is not a NFL backup. He might not be an arena league backup.

Should have cut thigpen last year. I don't like the fact Gailey has this attachment to players that played for him in the past (and sucked). Thigpen is not a NFL backup. He might not be an arena league backup.

I often wonder the same thing with Gailey and his band of former GT players. If we are talking Calvin Johnson fine, but we seem to sift through and try to turn his scrubs from college into NFL Pro Bowlers

Tyler has had an extra year with these players, coaching staff, and playbook and he is still terrible. IMO Vince Young is not geared for a spread offense we run, he needs more play action and roll outs, with more time with our players and staff he can bring something to the table. I cant belive there isnt a free agent out there maybe an old vet that isnt signed that can mange the offense if Fitz goes down.

I really hope the Bills pick up a young QB(with at least a little promise) to act as the #3, or to put on the PS. I'm not even sure why Brad Smith is taking QB snaps. He isn't making the team as a QB, and he attempted ONE pass out of the wildcat last year, so why bother.

By having Smith as our #3 we are able to hold that roster spot giving us room for one additional player.

It's so ironic that the other thread about Young being cut written by that "journalist" has attracted so much attention when it's clear that Young makes the better back-up for the Bills. Although having both provides camp fodder, it just might be a wise decision to cut Thigpen and allow Young to get as many reps as possible with the second team.

Any rookie free agent QB will have to go the PS route.

By having Smith as our #3 we are able to hold that roster spot giving us room for one additional player.

It's so ironic that the other thread about Young being cut written by that "journalist" has attracted so much attention when it's clear that Young makes the better back-up for the Bills. Although having both provides camp fodder, it just might be a wise decision to cut Thigpen and allow Young to get as many reps as possible with the second team.

Any rookie free agent QB will have to go the PS route.

Great! So smith is eating up a roster spot and isn't going to make the field at either position!

Maybe the 5th reciever, 3rd QB. I say cut bait and move on.

At least use the spot on somebody at least "decent" at either position (preferably a QB that at least has a shot to be groomed for at least back-up or something useful!)

Great! So smith is eating up a roster spot and isn't going to make the field at either position!

At least use the spot on somebody at least "decent" at either position (preferably a QB that at least has a shot to be groomed for at least back-up or something useful!)

Don't forget he also downs kickoffs.

Really? I saw an O-line which was completely overmatched. There is a big difference.

I often wonder the same thing with Gailey and his band of former GT players. If we are talking Calvin Johnson fine, but we seem to sift through and try to turn his scrubs from college into NFL Pro Bowlers

Besides Tashard choice, our 3rd string running back who are you talking about? Cordero Howard who played 5 games for us before we signed Erik Pears?

I think in todays NFL you dont have time to develop a QB. You have 4 years to produce max. If im a coach i want to spend all my roster spots on guys that can play and contirbute. Having a mobile guy that can fill in at WR, RB, KR, PR, PP, coverage teams, and can play QB in a pinch is much more vaulabe than a clipboard holder. Thats what coaches are for IMO