For all the COOL stuff Nike makes....

Booger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The collars remind me of those neck pads some players used to wear.

Prob will look better on the road jerseys, although I have to admit, you wonder why they wouldn't have either done white the whole way around or tried to make the white portion a little narrower.

The collars remind me of those neck pads some players used to wear.

Prob will look better on the road jerseys, although I have to admit, you wonder why they wouldn't have either done white the whole way around or tried to make the white portion a little narrower.

After doing some looking, it apears that the flywire collar has ot be the same color as the base jersey color. So this affects every team with a different colored collar. You'd think Nike, with all their billions spent in R&D to develop these "technologically superior" jerseys, could have come up with a way to make the flywire collar a differnt color from the jersey.

I have no idea why the white stripe on the collar has to be so wide. But for what its worth, there are many other fan boards from other teams that are complaining about the horrible looking collars.

Edited by Ramius

when they rolled those white collar jersies out i was bummed because i thouugh "why mess with awesome?"

but they didn't look bad to me...i agree they look like they have those old neck rolls we used to wear in the 70s.

NOW LEAVE THEM THE EFF ALONE!!!

After doing some looking, it apears that the flywire collar has ot be the same color as the base jersey color. So this affects every team with a different colored collar. You'd think Nike, with all their billions spent in R&D to develop these "technologically superior" jerseys, could have come up with a way to make the flywire collar a differnt color from the jersey.

I have no idea why the white stripe on the collar has to be so wide. But for what its worth, there are many other fan boards from other teams that are complaining about the horrible looking collars.

Yeah, I've posted about the multicolor thing in other threads so didn't want to repeat myself here. Truthfully, the reason Nike probably didn't push the teams to change their collars is so the teams would see the results and then do a re-design ($$ for Nike) for future uniforms.

If you look at the new Seahawks duds, the collars are designed differently so the transition to the flywire "V" portion isn't as noticeable.

Personally I don't mind the collars at all. Got my Nike jersey and love it. I think Nike's doing a great job on the new uniforms they have to be seen up close in person. TV doesn't do them justice. And personally. I LOVE the Seahawks new uniforms, especially the helmet.