NFL RUMOR: Bills close to waiving Vince Young

HOUSE

Would rather have Mcnabb than young. He's in shape and may be primed for a revival. Has a delivery and wind driving ball flight very similar to kelly.

McNabbs arm is not what it used to be,

Young on the other hand can put some serious mustard on the ball and throws a nice spiral

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, i was thinking this is baloney.

I would think the Bills would keep VY over Brad Smith unless of course the Bills want Smith as a WR. Why would it be unheard of to keep 3 QB's on the roster. VY would be a prefect choice to run the WC, and if they keep him it would give him more time to pick up the offense. I don't see him being cut unless the Bills are thinking of picking up Colt McCoy once he is cut

I would think the Bills would keep VY over Brad Smith unless of course the Bills want Smith as a WR. Why would it be unheard of to keep 3 QB's on the roster. VY would be a prefect choice to run the WC, and if they keep him it would give him more time to pick up the offense. I don't see him being cut unless the Bills are thinking of picking up Colt McCoy once he is cut

perfectly explained. Much better option than BS would be at the wildcat. Of you still want BS on the roster then list him as a WR

Brings a few thoughts to mind: For one, I find it very hard to undestand how Buddy Nix has let the most important position on the football field - by far - to go so totally without competition, for now 2 years! More, if you consider prior to last year no one would have considered Fitz competition for anything but a 2 spot - and some still don't. It seems strange to me that Nix and Gailey would go into a season as important as this one with no #2 QB who could win a few games for them. It's a real head scratcher.

Also, I've heard Nix speak highly of Vince Young. He has said it will take him a while to learn the system, but he's always referring to how hard it is to prepare for a Qb with as much talent as Young has. From all the reports I've read, Thigpen, having at least 2 more years of system knowledge than Young, has looked as bad as Young. That, to me, would be more of a warning sign than Young struggling.

I think it'll come down to performance in the preseason. I can't imagine them cutting Young without bringing in someone else - and, it's getting late for that kind of thing - because, Thigpen, it was proven last year when they wouldn't even put him in for an injured Fitz without even having anything to play for, just cannot win us games.

McNabbs arm is not what it used to be,

Young on the other hand can put some serious mustard on the ball and throws a nice spiral

Agree McNabbs picture is on the dictionary under washed up.......worst idea ever to bring him in.....Throws ball like Kelly ? I hope your talking about Kelly Holcomb not Jimbo.

Totally disagree, VY has never been an inside runner, he is good at scrambling, the wildcat requires a guy to be able to be a straight line runner and get tough yards, Id rather have BS do that than VY. I think Chan does too, since he has repeatedly said Brad is the 3rd QB

Its basically blind speculation. If they cut Young its not going to be till the final cuts, they are going to give Thigpen and Young the full camp to see exactly what they have. Preseason hasn't started yet, lets see what VY has in meaningful game action before we call him a bust.

VY is like tebow in the fact he just wins games he may not be good in practice but in the game he finds a way to win.... i think he was 3 and 1 last year for the eagles, he did not put up good numbers but he did get the W and thats what counts

Unforunately this may be true. The little snippets coming out on him all along have been negative. Sucks we had a chance to steal a badly needed 1st round talent at qb and now looks like we'll be stuck with another year of a career backup backing up a career backup.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

VY is like tebow in the fact he just wins games he may not be good in practice but in the game he finds a way to win.... i think he was 3 and 1 last year for the eagles, he did not put up good numbers but he did get the W and thats what counts

Yes just like Tebow. Finds a way to win unconventionally with gimmick play until enough games for are on tape to figure them out. Then the party is over. For historical reference see Doug Flutie.

Pure nonsense from another moronic, adolescent, wannabe sports columnist with no abolutely knowledge or contacts, but - thanks to the internet - a gullible, believing audience that is so thirsty for Bills news that any fiction quickly made-up to fill column space and meet a deadline will do nicely.

There ought to be strict rules on TSW about posting crap like that. Seriously. There went 5 minutes of my life that I can't have back. Vince Young WILL be the Bills backup QB this season. No "ifs or buts" about it.

But for those still thirsting for the latest Bills news and thinking they'll get it from that sophomoric dolt, here's more breaking news by Adam McGill...

"The Bills must win more than 8 games this season if they hope to have a winning record."